What's new

This is the language most Pakistanis want to learn

Danish = a person with language issues trying to speak German :P

In this case you can even add Azerbaijani to your list. :D

In Sweden you say Danish is like talking Swedish with a potato stuck in your throat :D

When I read Danish I understand about 80-90%. When they talk what I understand goes down to 20-30%.

Dude i struck a chord with you. thora profession wagara ka pata ho ga tou different topics per zada achee discussion ho gee :cheers:
vo sb to theek hain but you still haven't answered my question---- how do you know me:what:
ah,forgot to ask one thing, are you an m.s.c chem?

Currently im student of English ( highly important for career growth) and Arabic (Self learning to understand Quran by own) Mother tongue Sindhi, moderate in Urdu, and so much interest to learn Siraiki n Punjabi in future because of its beautiful rhythmic pronunciations of words. If God wills.

vo sb to theek hain but you still haven't answered my question---- how do you know me:what:
ah,forgot to ask one thing, are you an m.s.c chem?
I have been reading this forum for the past six months. Thats how i know what members here are about.
No i am M.Sc. maths.

Come on man. Give a serious answer, where are you from ? I am from Multan. I teach at The City School. You are too humorous to belong to a Punjabi city. They are too dour here. My guess is Karachi ?

LOL ....so are Pakistani Punjabis dour? Indian Punjabis are actually very fun loving...they love to eat, sing, they like to show off, noisy weddings....in short they enjoy themselves and have a nice albeit slapstick sense of humour. Sikh Punjabis are the most jovial IMO. ...surprised to hear otherwise in Pak. So who is the most jovial ethnic group in Pak? (Maybe we should start a thread on this in members corner. :-) )

LOL ....so are Pakistani Punjabis dour? Indian Punjabis are actually very fun loving...they love to eat, sing, they like to show off, noisy weddings....in short they enjoy themselves and have a nice albeit slapstick sense of humour. Sikh Punjabis are the most jovial IMO. ...surprised to hear otherwise in Pak. So who is the most jovial ethnic group in Pak? (Maybe we should start a thread on this in members corner. :-) )
Yes Pakistani punjabis can be called dour. Its retarded here really. Even the slightest man has reservations. General atmosphere is of an unjustified arrogance. My friend's cousin was here last year from England. He has a degree in classics from oxford. Now we all know no one has got a greater claim to snobishness than someone with a classics education but the humility of that guy stood out against all the obnoxious pricks here with their vocational professional education. I mean that isnt even proper education but its enough to make a snob out of a punjabi.
I would say in Pakistan Sindis are the most fun loving.

Yes Pakistani punjabis can be called dour. Its retarded here really. Even the slightest man has reservations. General atmosphere is of an unjustified arrogance. My friend's cousin was here last year from England. He has a degree in classics from oxford. Now we all know no one has got a greater claim to snobishness than someone with a classics education but the humility of that guy stood out against all the obnoxious pricks here with their vocational professional education. I mean that isnt even proper education but its enough to make a snob out of a punjabi.
I would say in Pakistan Sindis are the most fun loving.
First can I say, you write really well, it is a pleasure reading your posts.

About the modesty part, yes that is true, educated Europeans are more circumspect about showing off, though certainly I have seen a few big time braggers. Maybe, we in South Asia have less to show off about, so we push home the advantage when we can? Or maybe your friends cousin is just an exceptionally nice man.

English is the most popular language in the world to learn online, according to one of the world’s biggest language websites.

According to language learning website, Duolingo, English is the first choice for users from 116 countries. However, in a surprising turn, French is the most popular language to learn in Pakistan.

Recently, the website used data from its 120 million users spread across 194 countries, to find out what languages they were learning.

As the map below shows, English is the first choice while French has the second highest number of learners. Spanish comes in third and is followed by German.

duo.jpg

Another map produced by the website shows the second most popular languages to learn across the world.

duo2.jpg

PHOTO: DUOLINGO

The map shows that the second most popular language to learn in Pakistan is German.

Interestingly, the most learned language in Sweden is Swedish, which Duolingo suggests is due to high immigration. The same case can be seen in Norway where Norwegian is the second most popular language to learn and in the United States where English is the second most popular language to learn.

I want to learn Pashto (native language), Dari, and French

First can I say, you write really well, it is a pleasure reading your posts.
Thank you.
About the modesty part, yes that is true, educated Europeans are more circumspect about showing off, though certainly I have seen a few big time braggers. Maybe, we in South Asia have less to show off about, so we push home the advantage when we can? Or maybe your friends cousin is just an exceptionally nice man.
Thats certainly exactly how it is. Very astute observation.
You seem to come from a rich family. Is it so ?

Thats certainly exactly how it is. Very astute observation.
You seem to come from a rich family. Is it so ?

Me personally? No , I mostly run on credit card and overdraft :p:

My dad is quite comfortable though (I hope you won't classify that as bragging ). He is totally self made. His own family was annoyed with him when he married my mother, who he met in college. So in typical Bollywood style, he gave up everything to marry her and started from scratch and did very well for himself. I won't say anything more, as I come here on PDF and shoot my mouth in a most politically incorrect way. :lol:

Last edited:
Arabic is a very difficult language to learn properly, I am trying at the moment and the sentence formation, three letter root system etc is all just so alien to Indo-European languages.

This person has revolutionized Arabic learning and made it easy. He teaches Arabic with symbols instead of grammar and letters. Originally he intended to understand the Holy Quran. But it applies to Arabic in general. Below is the image of his book. His name is Prof. Abdul Rahman Tahir.

ajrvoi.jpg

You can read the book but its better learn it with a teacher. You'll find the difference.

I want to Learn Turkish, Arabic ,Persian, Pushtu, Balochi, Sindhi. These Languages are our heritage. We should be Learning These. URDU PUNJABI and English i already know.
I believe URDU can be most-liked language if........... we promote

Sir where did you born and raise, except being in Multan?
I've been to

Karachi
Lahore
Rawalpindi
Quetta
Mangla
Gujranwala
Sialkot
Muzafrabad
Abbottabad

Father was in Army. I got to live at most of these places through his postings.:-)

Me personally? No , I mostly run on credit card and overdraft :p:

My dad is quite comfortable though (I hope you won't classify that as bragging ). He is totally self made. His own family was annoyed with him when he married my mother, who he met in college. So in typical Bollywood style, he gave up everything to marry her and started from scratch and did very well for himself. I won't say anything more, as I come here on PDF and shoot my mouth in a most politically incorrect way. :lol:
So your father is a self-made rich man. :tup:
What about you? Which business are you in ?

Back
Top Bottom