What's new

This is so SAD !!! Sorry Turkiye and Malaysia. We were FORCED

Saudis have no doubt helped Pakistan but they have also made OIC dysfunctional....Need a NEW bloc urgently

I rather think this going to be a club within OIC to make it more effective organization and they will join force to make more alliance within Muslim countries and every thing then will be fought through OIC.

Mahathir though hinted that there will be a headquarter that will be decided later that suggest this is an attempt to rival OIC. Indonesian vice president also said the possibility of this group to rival OIC but also he think it can be just a group within OIC to strenghten the organization.

By seeing the backing down of Pakistan after IK meeting with MBS shows that Saudi really see it as serious attempt to rival Saudi "so called" leadership in Muslim world. Actually Muslim world doesnt have any leader except Saudi influence through its money.

This new group that is going to make IMO will try to create some kind of collective leadership in Muslim world. It is very clear through Mahathir statement that want to create headquarter office of this group but I think this attempt will fail at this moment.

Despite so, this attempt will have more success if it is done in 2030 where this group of nations economy are becoming much stronger inshaAllah.

I am so angry right now....

I was the one who sided with Saudis all the time, bashed Iran a lot (for quite right reasons) but hey, Saudis have got quite bigger problems and looks like Pakistanis have to look after those as well - meaning eventually screwing our religious and national interests.

Pathetic. Khan has decided to not visit Malaysia and heard on TV that FM Mehmood Qureshi, instead, will be attending it. Postponed mean CANCELLED. We know that, right?

PM Khan’s Malaysia visit likely to be postponed: sources

A new Islamic bloc, is being sabotaged by Saudis....Looks like West/Israel is not happy with this new development/Islamic bloc....

-----

Riyadh is believed to have been upset with the event being hosted by Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad and likely to be attended by leaders from Turkey, Iran, Qatar, Pakistan, and Indonesia.

The absence of Saudi Arabia and its Arab allies at the meeting, to be convened from Dec 18 to 21, and the presence of Turkey, Qatar and Iran – with whom Riyadh doesn’t have good relations – have raised eyebrows with observers seeing it as a move to create a new Islamic bloc.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2118513/1-pakistan-wont-undermine-saudi-interests-pm-assures-mbs/

-----

------

Pakistan is backing an initiative of Malaysian Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohammad to bring group of five Muslim nations (Pakistan, Indonesia, Turkey, Qatar and, Malaysia) together to achieve socio-economic development, counter growing Islamophobia and to compete with non-Islamic countries in the world.

https://swarajyamag.com/insta/pakis...-muslim-5-to-compete-with-non-islamic-nations

-------

The summit is also being attended by leaders of Turkey, Qatar and Iran in addition to hosts Malaysia. Around 450 leaders, scholars, clerics, and thinkers from 52 countries are expected to attend the event.

This development has upset the Saudis, who are taking it as a challenge to their dominance in the politics of the Muslim world, the report added.

https://www.outlookindia.com/newssc...dance-with-national-interest-top-aide/1687179

--------

So, Saudis dropped us in FATF when American pressure came and we ended up in FATF grey list due to Saudis dancing to US tunes...... while our real allies; Turkiye and Malaysia continued supporting us in FATF without giving a damn to US.....And this is how we return the favor? We are not a thankful nation and we'll lose our real allies/friends. We will never achieve our full potential.

Americans, have tremendous influence over Saudis and this can be a big possibility that It is the Americans who are not happy with this summit and potential new bloc. Saudi rulers are just being typical losers/pawns over here...Sorry to say, I respect Arabs a lot but HATE their chicken/pawn rulers.

Saudis should have also participated in this new summit but hey, Turkiye, Iran and Qatar are there so we hate it and and only OIC is good as we are the king/boss over there.

Such childishness...

OIC is not worth of toilet paper, to be honest. Done absolutely nothing for Muslims...Heck not long ago, even invited Indians as well just to rub salt on Pakistan's wounds, obviously after Saudis consent.

A big SORRY to All Turks and Malaysians over here. Pakistani public FULLY supports this new initiative and our KHAN will give you support one way or other. I am sure about that.

You all are forgetting one thing.....Iran can be included in this new bloc, if majority of Muslim countries ended up joining this bloc that means DISUNITY and Sectarian Warfare within Muslim World can come to an end. Sunnis and Shias can be united, ending up in creating great economic and defense market/bloc, guarding our dignity and interests all together....Kind of EU....and it won't be dysfunctional as no saboteurs will be there.....Totally free from WESTERN influence meaning we can actually start taking free and bold steps...Imagine guys, imagine.

Sadly, only 4 brave major Muslim countries left: Turkiye, Indonesia, Malaysia, Iran.

Sadly, my Pakistan is not in the list :( We are brave but but poor as well.

Say whatever about Iran, but man, they are independent and take their decisions fiercely. I hate Iran policies but this thing should be appreciated while Saudis are OCCUPIED.

What should Pakistan do now? Pakistan MUST tell Saudis that we can't take this anymore. Indians are also watching this closely.

We must tell Saudis that WE ARE NOT EGYPT. We will support this bloc as it has potential to unite Muslims...We are with Turks, Malaysians and Indonesians.

@Ali_Baba @RIWWIR @Riz @Path-Finder @ARMalik And others....
Are you sure that PM Imran is there convince Saudis as well?

If its true , then It is unfortunately embarrassing for all of us to see Pakistan's step back. Imran Khan's failure to attend the summit will create a big problem of trust between him , Mahathir Muhammad and others.

The scope of this summit is not only the specific problems of Malaysia or Indonesia, or others. This will be the summit about capability of our ability to develop joint initiatives, as big islamic nations, interms of economy, social impact or militarily etc.

Of course, Pakistan's exclusion by own decision from this summit will not stop this initiative, but it will push Pakistan to question its role and position, in this case. Pakistan's inspiring struggle could have guided this initiative.We love Pakistan very much, but we want to walk this path, with them or without them. What is important here is not the institutions/states etc., but the case itself.

Hopefully, KSA and UAE(which are trying to undermining this initiative) start to help them more sincerely in Pakistan's Jammu Kashmir case. Because they are dragging Pakistan into a difficult situation.

Nobody is going!

PMIK has seriously undermined the standing of Pakistan.

He should have consulted first all stakeholders and strategic partners before saying YES to KL Summit.

And if he had committed then PMIK should have NOT taken UTurn...

Pakistan's Credibility stands to ZERO.

Qauid e Azam NEVER did such a thing. EVER!

I am ashamed by this decision. Pathetic!
Poor & Stupid leader. He needs to get his consultant and advisor investigated...

Turkey will never be mad or upset over Pakistan, cause they know Pakistan always support them , As for Malaysia its a good relationship but we can not sacrifice KSA/GCC or China over Malaysia and Iran . Lets see how things work out, I am sure Pakistan will figure something out Inshallah .
No, it's not a simple case as you describe. It is a very clear indicator about the strength and mainstays points of the current Pakistani government. This problem of trust that maybe create a great barrier to carry our relations to the point we dreamed of.

Wow, a huge diplomatic failure on every level - one that damages Pakistan's relationship with friendly countries and confirms to the world that Pakistan is completely beholden to Arab interests ahead of our own! Pakistan's credibility on international issues will take a big hit. I'm not totally surprised that IK will make politically naive choices from time to time, but this one is a shocker.

I can only hope Pakistan was promised some concrete financial help in return.

If this is true, then this is the end of the line with me and PTI as far as i'm concerned. There are just too many weaknesses in this man to support his stupid decisions.

While Pakistan struggled for independence, it took a dignified and inspiring stance despite all the impossibilities. It is my duty to teach the Qauid e Azam's courage, to my children and generation.

But I cannot explain what happened today.

It's not a simple thing. We certainly don't witness anything simple.

No, it's not a simple case as you describe. It is a very clear indicator about the strength and mainstays points of the current Pakistani government. This problem of trust that maybe create a great barrier to carry our relations to the point we dreamed of.
Ohh yeah, now that you have mentioned it, imagine the “ALL AGGRESIVE Erdogan” in place of IK, would he succumb to KSA pressure or would he continue on with his will ? This differentiates a mighty leader like Erdogan with a Rather Helpless Man like PMIK

Are you sure that PM Imran is there convince Saudis as well?

Saudis have effectively fucked us over here. Nobody is going from our side.

Who is feeling threatened by this alliance? who is that MADAR****?

If its true , then It is unfortunately embarrassing for all of us to see Pakistan's step back. Imran Khan's failure to attend the summit will create a big problem of trust between him , Mahathir Muhammad and others.

The scope of this summit is not only the specific problems of Malaysia or Indonesia, or others. This will be the summit about capability of our ability to develop joint initiatives, as big islamic nations, interms of economy, social impact or militarily etc.

Of course, Pakistan's exclusion by own decision from this summit will not stop this initiative, but it will push Pakistan to question its role and position, in this case. Pakistan's inspiring struggle could have guided this initiative.We love Pakistan very much, but we want to walk this path, with them or without them. What is important here is not the institutions/states etc., but the case itself.

Hopefully, KSA and UAE(which are trying to undermining this initiative) start to help them more sincerely in Pakistan's Jammu Kashmir case. Because they are dragging Pakistan into a difficult situation.

Please accept sincere apologies from Pakistani nation. We were dragged by Saudis here.

But we KNOW who is who.

Turks and this KL summit has ALL support of Pakistanis...

Guys, make this summit functional as soon as possible and drag Pakistan into it. Make Pakistan member of it. Put pressure on Pakistan.

@Mangus Ortus Novem As you have read my last post, do you think that all the expectations Erdogan had with PMIK thanks to the long hype of IK, the most awaited messiah of Pakistan, gone downhill and that he has less expectations from him? Or that Turkey and others are wise enough to understand the context of Not visiting ? First meeting is the most important brick in establishment of something BIG and our PM and FM are missing it.

Any brief conclusions ?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom