What's new

Third regiment of T-72 tanks to be moved to Ladakh soon

Any chance that T-90's are part of tanks initially deployed?

Unlike NE & Rajasthan ladak terrain is not with loose sands,s o can't we deployed our Arjun tanks there. It's having better survivability when compares to t72 & t90.

Yeah, it's heavy and difficult to airlift. But even only one t72 can be airlifted at a time even with c17.

Last edited:
Unlike NE & Rajasthan ladak terrain is not with loose sands,s o can't we deployed our Arun tanks there. It's having better survivability when compares to t72 & t90.

Yeah, it's heavy and difficult to airlift. But even only one t72 can be airlifted at a time even with c17.

Are you suggesting that the Arjun ( not Arun) cannot traverse loose sand ?

Sand in NE ?

Look like quality junk...easy target for our t 72
:lol: I love your enthusiasm but Chinese tanks are atleast a generation ahead compared to T72. This is known fact so do your research before making tall claims. Although T90 would be a fair comparison.

na kar yaar . T72 vs Chinese T99 . keep patriotism aside . this old T72 is of no use against generation ahead Chinese tanks . it will be a good target practice for Chinese tanks . no offence .

A piss poor design especially turret geometry.

Lol @type xyz
doesn't look that bad but why we are deploying t 72 why not t 90 ,last time i hear there was proposal about deploying 300 t 90MS what happen to that

:lol: I love your enthusiasm but Chinese tanks are atleast a generation ahead compared to T72. This is known fact so do your research before making tall claims.
A generation ahead ehh??You do realise that these are the upgraded T 72s we are talking about here, with their original armor panels been replaced with newer ones, with fully digital FCS with laser range finder and auto tracking mode along with third generation thermal sights??Now do all these upgrades make them come at the same level as a newly built ZTZ 96, not at all!!Of course the 96s will always hold technical advantages over the 72s but claiming the former being 'a generation behind' the later would be overstretching the facts.
Although T90 would be a fair comparison.
Have to agree, in fact, the T 90S would be ahead of most Chinese tanks owing largely to their better turret geometry and a somewhat more powerful main gun.

na kar yaar . T72 vs Chinese T99 . keep patriotism aside . this old T72 is of no use against generation ahead Chinese tanks . it will be a good target practice for Chinese tanks . no offence .
ZTZ 99s are not deployed in Tibetan Plateau only ZTZ 96s, so far at least.And in any case, i don't think the PLA would be dumb enough try to bring their tanks closer to that sector since we hold the high grounds there and they would be vulnerable to even smaller HEAT projectiles owing to their roof tops being exposed.

Unlike NE & Rajasthan ladak terrain is not with loose sands,s o can't we deployed our Arun tanks there. It's having better survivability when compares to t72 & t90.
Oh...for the sake of the Xenomorphs, please stop this 'loose sand' non sense!!It's been proven beyond any doubt that Arjuns can actually handles loose sandy terrains better than the Ts.

A generation ahead ehh??You do realise that these are the upgraded T 72s we are talking about here, with their original armor panels been replaced with newer ones, with fully digital FCS with laser range finder and auto tracking mode along with third generation thermal sights??Now do all these upgrades make them come at the same level as a newly built ZTZ 96, not at all!!Of course the 96s will always hold technical advantages over the 72s but claiming the former being 'a generation behind' the later would be overstretching the facts.

Even the old chinese tanks now have the same features as your Upgraded T72. As for T90 china has developed many new generation tanks which possess the same features.
To be honest i dont see a tank battle giving a decisive edge on such a hilly terrain. Indian has one enemy on the land that is Pakistan. If there is ever a full scale confrontation between India and china then battle will be decided in Air and water.

Sand in NE ?

Sand in NE ?
Corrected...

Have to agree, in fact, the T 90S would be ahead of most Chinese tanks owing largely to their better turret geometry and a somewhat more powerful main gun.

ZTZ 99s are not deployed in Tibetan Plateau only ZTZ 96s, so far at least.And in any case, i don't think the PLA would be dumb enough try to bring their tanks closer to that sector since we hold the high grounds there and they would be vulnerable to even smaller HEAT projectiles owing to their roof tops being exposed.

Oh...for the sake of the Xenomorphs, please stop this 'loose sand' non sense!!It's been proven beyond any doubt that Arjuns can actually handles loose sandy terrains better than the Ts.
Is it possible to bring Arjun over there.

I'm assuming that you have access to the specs of the guns in question as well as blueprints of their turrets?

As if the only way to counter forward-deployed MBTs is via other MBTs.

Even the old chinese tanks now have the same features as your Upgraded T72.
I am not at all disputing that fact.Even I admitted that fact in my earlier comment.
As for T90 china has developed many new generation tanks which possess the same features.
Sure they have and in terms of pure technical features, they are fare match but what I'm talking about is turret geometry!!The problem with all of the tanks of Chinese origin (and that of South Korean K2 as well) is that their weak turret side protection with the base armor consisting of just a ~80 mm or so RHA plate and no composite inserts with a layer of ERA panels over them.Not really a good design choice if you ask me.

To be honest i dont see a tank battle giving a decisive edge on such a hilly terrain.
So true, I've been saying this here since long.These T 72s are only intended to act as blocking forces in case the PLA formations break through the front line defences.They were never inducted as a mean to invade their territory as many people here seem to be thinking.They are just there to provide direct fire support, like some mobile field guns of sorts.
Indian has one enemy on the land that is Pakistan.
Correct.
If there is ever a full scale confrontation between India and china then battle will be decided in Air and water.
Correct again and the PLAAF holds the numerical advantage over us.

I'm assuming that you have access to the specs of the guns in question
48 calibre vs 52 calibre - simple physics my dear friend.And I'm talking about your ZTZ 96 here, so please do not bring the 99 here.I'm quite aware of the fact that they have got better guns, thank you.
as well as blueprints of their turrets?
Ain't need no blueprints m8. Just try to find the weld lines, just the weld lines - they give away everything. :)

As if the only way to counter forward-deployed MBTs is via other MBTs.
When did i ever say that??Just try to grasp the context against which I wrote that comment.The other member said the T 72s can not stand against your heavier, more well protected ZTZ 99s which I agreed with.I just said that I do not think PLA would try to bring them across the mountains, through the narrow passes especially when the overlooking high grounds are already occupied by the Indian Army with built up defences.
And as for countering MBTs, I'm sure your PLAGF poses enough HJ 8s and soon HJ 12s to do the job, just like we have got our Milans, Konkurs and Kornet Es.

PLA Type 96B MBT

3f584cdb4f1b8f7_size214_w900_h600.jpg

090811t67j9jsy2652il0s.jpg

You guys need to polish up your tanks. :lol::D
Seriously the best you can do is try to troll....LOL pathetic....:D:D

Back
Top Bottom