What's new

Things are really bad after 21 days lockdown announcement

Containment is the matter at hand. Not doomsday

What you are suggesting is anarchy and breakdown of a society.

Social distancing would require a complete overhauling of modus operandi

We are less than 4 weeks from anarchy.

I know what the situation is on the health services side.

And we all know how our nation's operate on the social side.

Use your brain man. If you are in an emergency then do not depend on supermarkets. Try for non-descript grocery shops inside the streets. They are mostly open and not much crowded.

We have stocked for the next two months, except the perishables.

There is no use cribbing about this on a defence forum. The place where I live had the departmental stores stocks empty even by Saturday meaning people are smarter than we assume.

It is only those like you who always crib at every move of Indian government have time to write so many posts on a defence forum but return back after just visiting a departmental store. Take some time and search for stores. Go inside streets as much as possible as police presence is more on the main road. Extreme times needs extreme measures.

You must be more than 40.

This type of basic sense is uncommon in the youngers.

That leaves minorities less than 3 weeks

I tell her that often enough, but knock yourself out. :p:

Good chances of dog packs going feral in the next two weeks. Keep a watch ...

I realise you are enjoying yourself, sitting in Germany, but this is a real scenario a lot of us have gamed and have been preparing for.

Cellular networks are still human operated.

We have a landline.

Tons of young families do not.

We have cycles too. Petrol is no longer a given.

Nor is cash.

Those of us born in the 70s are better prepared. We've been through riots. And war. Lockdowns. Blackouts. Rationing. Fleeing from cities in trucks. I've seen it all.

Most young puppies here only read defence forums.

Brilliant point on the induction. I've a gift box with a fancy induction cooker that's still not opened. It goes into my survival stash asap! But is it true you need different vessels???
Yeah most of these kids havent gone through riots or even rationing , people our age are just better equipped to deal with this .
Can you imagine if the net goes down? what will the young ons do? we just pick up a book!!

Yeah most of these kids havent gone through riots or even rationing , people our age are just better equipped to deal with this .
Can you imagine if the net goes down? what will the young ons do? we just pick up a book!!

Just confirmed that dad's transistor radio is working on all frequencies. Will need to get more batteries.

If there is no internet, there is no mobile phones.

Then landlines.

Radio.

Public megaphones on the streets. In hazmat suits.

And soon flag marches.

Already KCR has asked for shoot at sight orders to be instituted. Rubber bullets ....

You must be more than 40.

This type of basic sense is uncommon in the youngers.
Yes, I am 42 years old in three more days.

I don't think anarchy will be there as long as essentials are available. However, anarchy is possible in some places but it won't be widespread.

Trust me people have really stocked up rations. It is only as an additional backup that they are now roaming now and so their stocks don't deplete.

Yes, I am 42 years old in three more days.

I don't think anarchy will be there as long as essentials are available. However, anarchy is possible in some places but it won't be widespread.

Trust me people have really stocked up rations. It is only as an additional backup that they are now roaming now and so their stocks don't deplete.

Bro, the problem will start with the poor and daily wagers.

Stocking up means different things to different people.

Bro, the problem will start with the poor and daily wagers.

Stocking up means different things to different people.
I agree. However, our governments have a knack of pacifying them or at least the majority of them.

Simple remedies are subsidized rations and support money. That would calm the majority. They are also very much afraid of life so most won't gather in groups that's essential to cause anarchy.

I agree. However, our governments have a knack of pacifying them or at least the majority of them.

Simple remedies are subsidized rations and support money. That would calm the majority. They are also very much afraid of life so most won't gather in groups that's essential to cause anarchy.

Which city are you in? Today morning some youth leaders in Thane with hundreds around them were threatening cops about using lathis.

An hour later the same youth leader was carried groaning out of the police station and put into a police Sumo.

Local elders tried to intervene as usual.

Raining ....

Use your brain man. If you are in an emergency then do not depend on supermarkets. Try for non-descript grocery shops inside the streets. They are mostly open and not much crowded.

We have stocked for the next two months, except the perishables.

There is no use cribbing about this on a defence forum. The place where I live had the departmental stores stocks empty even by Saturday meaning people are smarter than we assume.

It is only those like you who always crib at every move of Indian government have time to write so many posts on a defence forum but return back after just visiting a departmental store. Take some time and search for stores. Go inside streets as much as possible as police presence is more on the main road. Extreme times needs extreme measures.
1) Even small grocery shops inside the streets had queues. You did not step outside so you don't what was it like outside.
2) Police is patrolling everywhere not only on main roads.
3) No is cribbing about a lockdown. People should have been given some time to prepare. I went out today all vegetable shops are closed. They ran out of stock. Great planning like usual.

Old friend,

Don't worry! This too shall pass... you have at least internet... think about it @Verve @masterchief_mirza @SIPRA

Now enjoy... this song with @Juggernaut_the_Gangu and @padamchen

Actually, I couldn't renew my internet plan. I only have 2gb data daily on mobile internet.

I am calm as a cucumber. I did not pick up calls from my mother who is too emotional. I will ignore her for a day or two.

1) Even small grocery shops inside the streets had queues. You did not step outside so you don't what was it like outside.
2) Police is patrolling everywhere not only on main roads.
3) No is cribbing about a lockdown. People should have been given some time to prepare. I went out today all vegetable shops are closed. They ran out of stock. Great planning like usual.

There are lots of stray cows in India. I don't think food shortage will be an issue

We go outside ..next door people come for fight in my village...patrolling is intense...everyone is stopped and asked why they are not in home...going alone so far protects you from the wrath of the security forces.

i have stock of rice for two weeks and groceries is rationed can come for 40 days...

Back
Top Bottom