What's new

These stylish Saudi Arabian women entrepreneurs mean business

al-Hasani

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
27y48lc.png

Jeddawi fashionistas and beauty gurus recently attended a women-only event, in which three Saudi female entrepreneurs got a complete makeover that aims to make them look their best when doing the job. The occasion was to celebrate the Women Appreciation Month (WAM), which was initiated in 2011 by leading Saudi fashion brand Femi9.
The event was organized by Jeddah Beauty Blog, which was also celebrating its one million followers on social media.
Saudi women entrepreneurs were asked to apply through the WAM website during March 1-15 to an awards contest called the “Growing Initiative Awards.” The awards is an activation fully dedicated to support women in the start-up phase of entrepreneurship. This concept revolves around taking proactive action toward ambitious women who are trying to effectively contribute to society.
The judging panel for the Growing Initiative Awards comprised Dr. Arwa Al-Aama, vice mayor of Jeddah Municipality; Eyad Mashar, CEO of Femi9; and Abdulla Al-Ghaddooni, member of Glowork. The three winning newly started initiatives will now receive funds, business consultation and professional makeover along with other key support.

The criteria for the applicants was to come up with a new and creative project, based and running in Saudi Arabia, lead and initiated by a woman and the business should be either static or at a growing phase. “The three women who won the prize went through a process of a makeover where they competed against each other with a businesswoman look. The point of this event was to help those women to look their best when doing the job,” said Youssra Elawi, head of marketing at Femi9. “We want to give them the chance to feel good inside out with a look that fits a woman with a busy schedule. The judges were fashion and beauty experts,” she added.
Each of the three entrepreneurs had the chance to pamper herself in the Jeddah-based Eve Salon. They were treated to a package that included a massage, hair color/cut and styling, facial and nails. To get the final look Femi9 provided them with stylish clothing, while some Jeddah-based designers sent over abayas to complete the look for each applicant.
The final round of the competition was held at a venue in Tujar Jeddah. The event was private, with only 30 women in attendance. All these women displayed a strong passion for fashion. They also enjoyed a photo booth by celebrated photographer Reem Bajabaa and a makeup booth where famous makeup artist Inas Hammoud offered makeup tips to the attendees. A lucky draw was held in which a few happy women took home beauty- and fashion-related gifts.
The Saudi businesswomen were judged by TV presenter Dina Ali Reda, fashion guru Marriam Mosalli, beauty expert and editor in chief of Jeddah Beauty Blog Nilo Haq, fashion designer Yossra Ifaoui, fashion photographer Reem Bajabaa and makeup expert Inas Hammoud. The winner of the best makeover category was Nahed Al-Hubail, who is the owner of Sky Touch, a creative gift-wrapping business.
Beauty expert Haq of the Jeddah Beauty Blog said this was a great opportunity for businesswomen to learn how to look beautiful, stylish yet professional throughout a typical busy day. “The winner deserved the title as she was genuine and showed great enthusiasm,” she said.
“Her look was actually something you would wear to work and to a meeting and it suits an entrepreneur,” Haq added.

RIMA AL-MUKHTAR

Arab News

These stylish Saudi women entrepreneurs mean business | Muslim Women News

Very good news for the local women.

Last edited:
Prince Miteb wants women to work for National Guard

Prince-Miteb-bin-abdullah-1.jpg

Prince Miteb bin Abdullah​

JEDDAH: GALAL FAKKAR

Published — Friday 25 April 2014

Last update 25 April 2014 1:58 am

Prince Miteb bin Abdullah, minister of the National Guard, said on Wednesday that he has always supported the notion of Saudi women working for the ministry around the country.
Prince Miteb said that Saudi women nursed injured fighters during the lifetime of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
He made the comments during a lecture at a scientific conference organized by the Center for Gulf Studies at King Abdulaziz University.
He said the National Guard is committed to use the services of Saudi women for the benefit of the Kingdom.
He said he has been supporting the right of women to drive for the past 20 years.
Prince Miteb said the National Guard plays an important role in the country's economy. It has already provided thousands of houses for its employees.
In addition, its hospitals and clinics now provide medical services for 2.6 million National Guard employees and 479,000 other citizens.
The National Guard has also created opportunities for thousands of soldiers to study abroad. Many have gone on to become global figures like Hazaa Al-Otaibi, who now works for an international bank, he said.
In the cultural arena, Prince Miteb said the National Guard also organizes the annual Janadriyah Festival.
In response to a question, he said he was not opposed to elections as long as opposing parties do not try to impose their views on each other. He said the country's security and peace depended on citizens talking to each other with respect.
He said the National Guard is currently working closely with the private sector in the fields of research, development and manufacturing.
In the education sector, he said the National Guard was one of the first ministries to support school literacy programs.

Prince Miteb wants women to work for National Guard | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

They must know what should be next on the menu.

None of it matters unless women are allowed to drive cars alone, have the permission to leave house without a male guardian. These cosmetic measures do not help. I guess a ittle, but not really that much.

None of it matters unless women are allowed to drive cars alone, have the permission to leave house without a male guardian. These cosmetic measures do not help. I guess a ittle, but not really that much.

That's not up for you to decide but the Saudi Arabian women. They already have that permission. This driving nonsense is not even a law but moronic nevertheless. It is a question of time before it changes. That has already been stated by the highest authorities.

Other than that there is not much negative to say and Saudi Arabian women are living better economically than the average woman living in the EU (LET ALONE THE MUSLIM WORLD) and they also do a very great job academically (Saudi Arabian women are doing better academically than the Saudi Arabian men and there are more Saudi Arabian female students than males) and in terms of the workforce they are continuously moving forward for each year on all sectors there both private and public.

Soon there will be no difference in that regard between the sexes. Then when those 1-2 laws will change they will be living really, really well and not lack much.

All that propaganda nonsense that is sometimes written in British and American tabloids is not representative for anything.

Last edited:
That's not up for you to decide but the Saudi Arabian women. They already have that permission. This driving nonsense is not even a law but moronic nevertheless. It is a question of time before it changes. Already been stated by the highest authorities.

Other than that there is not much negative to say and Saudi Arabian women are living better economically than the average woman living in the EU and they also do a very great job academically and in terms of the workforce they are continuously moving forward for each year.

Soon there will be no difference in that regard between the sexes. Then when those 1-2 laws will change they will be living really, really well and not lack much.

All that propaganda nonsense that is sometimes written in British and American tabloids is not representative for anything.

Yeah...how about no.

If you had seen driving, or experienced it in Saudi Arabia

You'd be thanking you arm chair imprinted *** women don't driving.

If you had seen driving, or experienced it in Saudi Arabia

You'd be thanking you arm chair imprinted *** women don't driving.

I have and saudis are the worst drivers by far. Shitty drivers. And i lived in UAE enough to see these goons invading Abu dhabi during the Dubai shopping Festival when it was a thing.

You arent Saudi you need to keep a lid on it. Anta ajami.

It is between me an @al-Hasani he knows i'm just trolling otherwise a boring thread.

I grew up in Jeddah & I can safely say that , women there are treated with quite respect, & have a'lot of rights, there are co-education schools all over , in our school itself dance parties was a common thing, along with date parties, contrary to the biased media coverage that Saudi Arabia gets it actually is quite a modern society , cities like Dammam & Dehran are perhaps the most liberal cities in the GCC's ,there are beaches where both men & women swim , heck we used to go to abhur in Jeddah just to see girls in bikinis ! no kidding except for the driving part there is not much of a difference between KSA & Dubai

Last edited:
I grew up in Jeddah & I can safely say that ,that women there are threated with quite a respect, & have a'lot of rights, there are co-education schools all over , in our school itself dance parties was a common thing, along with date parties, contrary to the biased media coverage that Saudi Arabia gets its actually is quite a modern society , cities like Dammam & Dehran are perhaps the most liberal cities in the GCC's ,there are beaches where both men & women swim , heck we used to go to abhur in Jeddah just to see girls in bikinis ! no kidding except for the driving part there is not much of a difference between KSA & Dubai

I know i was just trolling to bring out the racist demon out in @al-Hasani :D

I know i was just trolling to bring out the racist demon out in @al-Hasani :D

I am of mixed ancestry myself and I am not racist at all. I just reply in a similar manner when faced with insults. I think that you know that already. That's another story though. Besides I think that we both know who started that discussion and what individual we are talking about. (Ghilzai)

Not interested in attracting the clown to this thread.

Nor am I in the mood for trolling today.

Nor was I or am I even trying to portray KSA as a liberal heaven because it is far from being that but nor is it as often portrayed in tabloid medias. I just thought that your initial posts were a bit ignorant but since you have admitted to them being troll posts I have no issue with them anymore.

Not that I had a real issues with them anyway or any post on a internet forum.

In any case as a proponent of a bigger role for women in the Arab world and Muslim world I was happy to read this and thought I would share it here as a counter to the many troll threads about KSA.

Last edited:
awww i haz fail :(

Time for harakiri outta this thread.

See you in another thread you lizard eater. Btw whats the deal with lizards and Irani members quoting it regarding KSA?

:what:

Back
Top Bottom