What's new

There Was No Reason To Go For Only 8 New F16's:-----

Hi,

This news about placing the order of 8 new F 16's came as a surprise from nowhere---. It was not 18---it was not 28---it was not 36----it was not 48---but it was 8 F16's---.

Was this some kind of a joke that the PAF hierarchy is playing on the public of Pakistan. What is the purpose behind the purchase of these 8 aircraft---. If the air force is so confident in the F 16---then why did it not go for another 2 to 3 sqdrn's.

For some strange reason the Pakistani air force is missing at what aircraft is the real need of Pakistan----.

Pakistan air force needs to understand that it is not its needs and desires that need to be met----it is the strategic need of what is important for Pakistan that needs to be acquired and not the other way around---.

The strategic need for Pakistan is a twin engine heavy air superiority and strike aircraft-----that has a loiter time of around 4 + hours---has air to air refueling capabilities or buddy refueling capabilities----and has a strike radius of at least 2000 miles---.

40 years ago----Paf had dedicated bomber aircraft in its fleet----even 33 years ago---they had the bombers----now for some strange reason---this bomber fleet has totally disappeared from the PAF manifest and replaced by smaller aircraft---. Even though these aircraft are very efficient and can carry the load of the 40 old aircraft----but then in comparison---the current day heavies strike aircraft can carry 3---10 times the weight of those bombers.

The PAF air chief needs to come out in the open and talk publicly the reason behind this purchase---because the new F16's don't bring anything new to the table.

The focus should have been on a twin engine like the J11D---The SU35---the Eurofighter. This procurement s just like throwing a monkey wrench into the gears.

8 new F16 bring nothing to the table----they do not change anything in the arena----and neither would 16 f16's either---. But if it were 16 J11's or 16 SU35's----that would start to change the game in the arena---.

The primary procurement at this time should have been a heavy air superiority strike fighter aircraft---and not the lightweight F16.
Well i think if officals are buying these 8 jets thats okay and good to add, what ever you call it,still f16 rank top in its generaration.obviously we are not changing whole airforce,so i believe this desigion is just to keep the current generation in good format. these are only 8 when PAF jump to next generation then it will be some thing diffrent.dual engine is not nessasorry as f35 is the best recent example of single engine jet.

Well---the U S had to beg and plead pakistan for help in Afghanistan----. The legacy of Obama is at stake----.

I personally believe that Pakistan should reject saving Obama's legacy and wait till the next president comes in and then help save the face----.

Cant agree more. Obama acted like a moron from the day he resumed office, he should not be given any face saving when it comes to Afghanistan. Let the new president come in and than see where things take us. In fact i would even go as far as to say NS shouldnt had visited US now. There was simply no point and he achieved nothing really.

Cant agree more. Obama acted like a moron from the day he resumed office, he should not be given any face saving when it comes to Afghanistan. Let the new president come in and than see where things take us. In fact i would even go as far as to say NS shouldnt had visited US now. There was simply no point and he achieved nothing really.
NS visited rightly & on time , siryan conflict was getting hot , new alliances are in the talks , Pakistan needed to open up its position to US , so NS was right by touring & giving open opinion bout the world view as Pakistani head of state ?
There are more important things then getting 8 dam f- 16s , which we need to discuss with america ?

NS visited rightly & on time , siryan conflict was getting hot , new alliances are in the talks , Pakistan needed to open up its position to US , so NS was right by touring & giving open opinion bout the world view as Pakistani head of state ?
There are more important things then getting 8 dam f- 16s , which we need to discuss with america ?

And where does US stand on all of the above issues with Pakistan? US has made its intentions clear. I agree new alliances are now being made which is why Pakistan now needs to look at Russia and China. The relation with US is history. They have made their choice and that is not Pakistan so should we.

:)
the O word is "observation".

Hi,

I thought that you acted malicious---but now I realize that it is out of INNOCENCE. So---I would go with the " I" word for now.

My little brother---it is war----when you are in a war----you don't look at these issues in a smilar manner as when you are in peace---. The hands of the moral clock are a bit askewed.

The survival of the nation and the least amount of damage is the first and foremost priority----and then in case of the Afghans and the U S---if the fool wanted to part with its money----the Afghans cannot be blamed----.

PAF No-5 squadron, equipped with 18 Block-52 F-16s is true multi-role unit.
The original order was cut back after the earthquake tragedy, the 18 aircraft delivered have since been carrying out their multi-dimensional duties and achieving results beyond expectations, remember the unit apart from it's combat duties, is also responsible for training the pilots for the Block-52s, hence due to varied commitments, the unit was considered to be somewhat understrength alas a further eight aircraft are being acquired to bring the squadron up to it's full potential.

Also, list out facts to this: what has the military rule produce for Pakistan over sixty years of dictatorship???? How have these mighty military generals used all the billions provided by the U.S. and others towards the growth of Pakistan and her poor people???

This says it all, doesn't it?

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1435917687.117370.jpg

Hi,

I am just a car salesman. When this news came out in october last year---I commented on the procurement of such a small number of aircraft.

If pakistan air force thought that it could 'weasel' in a small number and then go for a large number later was mistaken and error.

It failed to understand the change in washington politics for the upteenth time. It failed to see that the mood had changed and there were a lost of cold shoulders and fake smiles.

Basically---there was no reason for the paf to depend upon the u s to sell it the F16's. They should have simply gone over to the chinese and placed an order of 2 sqdrn's of either the J10 C or the J16 equilent----.

At that time---if the U S was interested in selling the F16---they would have called---otherwise the paf would have already made the move to different pastures.

So---basically---PAF has FAILED pakistan one more time----and the JOKE is now on the pakistanis---.

I think that the pakistanis need to conduct a STRIKE----start a procession against the PAF with the solgans and chants and banners---with young people taking the lead-----.

This organization needs to be put to shame on the national front----. Its true face must be shown to the public--and the public needs to know what big liars and incompetent nincompoops these pakistani air force people are.

I firmly believe that once IAF officially announce Rafael deal then PAF will start lobbying for a twin engine superiority plane in their inventory and with a major order - till than we will be just adding single digit numbers in our F16 inventory to keep things a float. For a twin engine plane, we need considerable financial resources and a bit of infrastructure overhaul so heavy Indian purchase will force Govt to have a similar deal for PAF. Till than defense budget will remain thin.
Sorry , but your thinking & our PAF admin thinking is much behind ?
When Indians will get a deal then you & PAF willbe looking for options ?

Omg !

Wow , it just like when India will attack Islamabad , then we will think ?

BTW november gone , where is our AM visit to Moscow ?

Hi,

I am just a car salesman. When this news came out in october last year---I commented on the procurement of such a small number of aircraft.

If pakistan air force thought that it could 'weasel' in a small number and then go for a large number later was mistaken and error.

It failed to understand the change in washington politics for the upteenth time. It failed to see that the mood had changed and there were a lost of cold shoulders and fake smiles.

Basically---there was no reason for the paf to depend upon the u s to sell it the F16's. They should have simply gone over to the chinese and placed an order of 2 sqdrn's of either the J10 C or the J16 equilent----.

At that time---if the U S was interested in selling the F16---they would have called---otherwise the paf would have already made the move to different pastures.

So---basically---PAF has FAILED pakistan one more time----and the JOKE is now on the pakistanis---.

I think that the pakistanis need to conduct a STRIKE----start a procession against the PAF with the solgans and chants and banners---with young people taking the lead-----.

This organization needs to be put to shame on the national front----. Its true face must be shown to the public--and the public needs to know what big liars and incompetent nincompoops these pakistani air force people are.
The matter of fact is , our military establishment should , establish some peoples athourity , as a check on their decesions ?
Our COAS will listen to our , AIR CHIEF who would be listening to ???

PAF No-5 squadron, equipped with 18 Block-52 F-16s is true multi-role unit.
The original order was cut back after the earthquake tragedy, the 18 aircraft delivered have since been carrying out their multi-dimensional duties and achieving results beyond expectations, remember the unit apart from it's combat duties, is also responsible for training the pilots for the Block-52s, hence due to varied commitments, the unit was considered to be somewhat understrength alas a further eight aircraft are being acquired to bring the squadron up to it's full potential.
Then these 26 planes can stop any given aggression by , at least 300 ++ SU-30s , mirrage 2000s , Mig 29s , & other fighter jets in IAF ?
I don't think so !

Well i think if officals are buying these 8 jets thats okay and good to add, what ever you call it,still f16 rank top in its generaration.obviously we are not changing whole airforce,so i believe this desigion is just to keep the current generation in good format. these are only 8 when PAF jump to next generation then it will be some thing diffrent.dual engine is not nessasorry as f35 is the best recent example of single engine jet.
F-16s tops in which generation ?lolzz

It makes sense from a logistics view as well as Pakistan already having trained F16 pilots, this is a short term deal and I believe Pakistan will look at other options in the future. Compare to India we have experience with French jets like Mirage and Rafale is the next leg up.

@MastanKhan Well said. I'm truly disappointed by this news as well. I personally am going over hot coals, waiting for PAF to announce they are going for a twin engine long range aircraft.
They are not professional officers damn stupid rokkies why F 16 keep F 7Pg we have infastructure cheaper to operate with this attitude why buy F 16buy F 7PG

AIRFORCE THEY ARE LOST THEIR OWN WORDS DONT MATCH WITH ACTONS
JF 17 can take F 16 role weaknes is air superiority jet not F 16

Sorry , but your thinking & our PAF admin thinking is much behind ?
When Indians will get a deal then you & PAF willbe looking for options ?

Omg !

Wow , it just like when India will attack Islamabad , then we will think ?

BTW november gone , where is our AM visit to Moscow ?

The matter of fact is , our military establishment should , establish some peoples athourity , as a check on their decesions ?
Our COAS will listen to our , AIR CHIEF who would be listening to ???

Then these 26 planes can stop any given aggression by , at least 300 ++ SU-30s , mirrage 2000s , Mig 29s , & other fighter jets in IAF ?
I don't think so !

F-16s tops in which generation ?lolzz

Hi,

That is what I learnt last year---paf is waiting for iaf decision---and I said WTF---are these men stupid----. Why do they have to wait---. The IAF is going nowhere but the Rafale----paf should have picked out the aircraft two--three years ago---other than the F16----.

Even if the iaf picked out something else----paf still did not have any option to buy whatever it wanted to---.

There is nothing out there available other than the J10C or the SU35---a Eurofighter---maybe---.

The only procurement for the for the F16's should have been pre-owned and refurbished----. For new one---paf should have gone in a diferent direction.

But the problem over here is--that there are no checks and balances over what paf is going to do---. Army does not know about fighter aircraft---the defence minister cannot tell from the front to the back----basically there is a lack of CRITICAL CIVILIAN INPUT or an outsider's input what the paf should procure---and that is a major major problem.

Back
Top Bottom