I did mention SU35 but i didnt speak on it. It has many advantages like :

1. Capable of High altitude Combat
2. Extremely high payload
3. Long range A2A/A2G missiles
4. Buddy Refuelling
5. non-EM sensors
6. Manoeuvrable at low altitudes and slow speeds due to TVC for A2A combat
7. DRFM jamming suite etc etc
I am not sure of AESA but it can be incorporated.

In the 1950's and 60's, PAF allowed USAF to fly U-2 flights from Peshawar. Even after Gary Powers U-2 incident, at the end of 1960's, USSR gave an aid of 100 T-55 tanks and Mi-8's to Pakistan.This was stopped soon through Indian requests. The Russian hardware still made it to pakistan through China: Mig-19 as F-6, T-55 as T-59, Mi-8/17.
The biggest dent came in 1980's when once again Pakistan sided USA in Afghan war and USSR became just Russia. In 1990's, its reported that Ukraine offered Russian hardware, Su27 and Mig29 to PAF as PAF was hit by F-16 embargo, nothing materialized.

Eventually PAF did go for a Russian Mig-21 variant, the F-7P/PG in 1990's and 2000's. Then after a decade came the SU-35 talk along with Mi-24 acquisition. In Samungli Airbase, an Mi-24 stands on tarmac next to Mi-17 which landed here from Afghanistan and was not let go, I am not sure if it was operational or not.

In case of SU35, the main issue again here is Indian lobby, first not to let the acquisition go through. If that goes through then lobbying again to counter any soft loan procedure or any kind of loan. If that hurdle is crossed then, embargo to spares and losses during an event of war with India or use against India under any circumstances. Lastly, India doesnt know much about JF-17 or J-10 or J-31, but india operates SU30 and can get info on all operational capabilities,technicalities of avionics suite etc of SU35 from Russia. True that RD-93 is Russian and China has played a massive part in killing the Indian lobbying here but China may not do the same for SU35, in JF-17 China has a stake. Secondly, RD-93 can be replaced by Chinese WS series of engines in future maybe, fingers crossed.

I will also talk a little about France because PAF operates Mirages III/V. These are generally obsolete aircraft but PAF has kept them airworthy through upgrades and cannibalization for spares. The ROSE upgrades were not hampered by sanctions during 1998. SAGEM and GRIFO helped PAC with upgrades. But in case of JF-17, PAF which generally believed that western avionics was better than Chinese still went for Chinese KLJ-7 over RC-400 and MBDA range of missiles. PAF doesnt compromise on quality, so apart from price for western-comparable features of KLJ-7, a reason could be keeping JF-17 sanctions free.
Its clear to India that French helped Pakistan on ROSE project in tough years, PAF was also interested in Mirage-2000 and the deal almost went through, so in future Pakistan could opt for French Rafale and that could possibly be a sanction free western platform for PAF, so going for Rafale by IAF was very smart even when USA tried to lure it through nuclear deals and F-16IN and F-18 E/F and also EFT is chosen and flown by many more nations in large numbers compared to Rafale. India also keeps Russia happy by not going for a large order of USA aircrafts and this way doesnt provide any excuse for Russia to supply SU35 to PAF.

As seen in past 50 years or so, China is the only nation capable of providing (high-end,atleast after 2000's) sanction-free hardware to Pakistan.
why would pakistan go for the rafale when india is going to sign for them in less than 2 weeks (jan 25th)?
the eft is the only good option for them out there, but yes, its the most expensive option out there.

Wishing and dreaming is not harmful.We can wish for latest and best choice but real issue is what we can afford and what is being offered to us in the market.Even we are facing trouble in getting these handful F16....So come out of dream world.
There was time we could have got other planes but we were sleeping and only dreaming about EF SOLAH

why would pakistan go for the rafale when india is going to sign for them in less than 2 weeks (jan 25th)?
the eft is the only good option for them out there, but yes, its the most expensive option out there.

India has already gone for Rafale and India knew rafale could be a perfect choice for Pakistan as a newer western 4.5 gen fighter for the following reasons:

1. French kept ROSE program alive even during 1998 nuclear sanctions so embargo on Rafale by France during Pak-Ind war has very less chances.
2. In 2009, France agreed to provide financial capital to expand the use of nuclear power in Pakistan. While, the officials at Islamabad termed it as "significant move", the Foreign service office maintained that: "France has agreed to transfer civilian nuclear technology to Pakistan."

EFT is not only expensive, its prone to embargo by any or all of European countries like UK,Germany,Spain, Italy. Gripen has already been stopped by USA to be supplied to Pakistan.

Can I ask few simple questions?

USA sold helicopters to India and selling F-16s to Pakistan. Doesn't it sound like, USA is trying to make some money out of the tensions of two opponents?
Another question I got here is, do we really really really need these F-16s? And if the answer is yes, Do the #s really matter for Pakistan? A country which is in phase of development.

Also don't we need better things than this in Pakistan? Like, advance equipments for hospital? Eduction?

And one more thing, doesn't USA give piece of a peanut and ask for mountains of sacrifices in return?

Last edited:

USA sold helicopters to India and selling F-16s to Pakistan. Doesn't it sound like, USA is trying to make some money out of the tensions of two opponents?
Another question I got here is, do we really really really need these F-16s? And if the answer is yes, Do the #s really matter for Pakistan? A country which is in phase of development.

Also don't we need better things than this in Pakistan? Like, advance equipments for hospital? Eduction?

And one more thing, doesn't USA give piece of a peanut and ask for mountains of sacrifices in return?

Hi,

For U S---money is not the issue----let us not CHEAPEN the relationship with the U S with money or with any other country.

Because money does nothing----why---because they have already slaped us and told us to shove our money where there is no daylight---my apologies for the example----.

Sweden has refused to sell us---france has refused to sell us---germany has refused---the eurofighter conglomerate has also possibly refused as well. There maybe issues with russia upto some extent----.

So---what is left over here---it is china----.

We really really need something better than ou best F16's on a very fast pace---. Otherwise we will really need the hospitals when the enemy comes knocking---.

The U S may ask for what it wants to---but you also have to know how to deal with it in a timely manner---.

I mean to say---look at israel milking it dry---and the U S is smiling---they just made the american christians believe that the ' messiah ' is on his way to the holy lands.

Hi,

For U S---money is not the issue----let us not CHEAPEN the relationship with the U S with money or with any other country.

Because money does nothing----why---because they have already slaped us and told us to shove our money where there is no daylight---my apologies for the example----.

Sweden has refused to sell us---france has refused to sell us---germany has refused---the eurofighter conglomerate has also possibly refused as well. There maybe issues with russia upto some extent----.

So---what is left over here---it is china----.

We really really need something better than ou best F16's on a very fast pace---. Otherwise we will really need the hospitals when the enemy comes knocking---.

The U S may ask for what it wants to---but you also have to know how to deal with it in a timely manner---.

I mean to say---look at israel milking it dry---and the U S is smiling---they just made the american christians believe that the ' messiah ' is on his way to the holy lands.

See as you said they "told us to shove our money where there is no daylight." So why saying money does nothing? That doesn't sound relevant with your example. They want 3rd world countries to remain poor. Why so? Because this money is the reason they can dictate any poor country. Nai?

Secondly, Isn't it 80s tech? Then why we are buying it? And you think we are good at dealing at the time? NO!

USA can't afford any conflicts with Israel. Just CAN NOT.

(I am not as smart as you guys are here. So, pardon my lack of knowledge, I want to add few more questions here).

Can we fly these jets it without the permission of pentagon?
Doesn't USA is well known of the features and functions of these 'flying birds'. These jets come with tracking hardware and this allows US to know the exact location of the planes and they easily can disable them at with just a switch of a button and can easily make them fall with just finger tip. If this happens, even if we buy 100s of them, our security is not guaranteed. Is it?

Last edited:
See as you said they "told us to shove our money where there is no daylight." So why saying money does nothing? That doesn't sound relevant with your example. They want 3rd world countries to remain poor. Why so? Because this money is the reason they can dictate any poor country. Nai?

Secondly, Isn't it 80s tech? Then why we are buying it? And you think we are good at dealing at the time? NO!

(I am not as smart as you guys are here. So, pardon my lack of knowledge, I want to add few more questions here).

Doesn't USA is well known of the features and functions of these 'flying birds'. These jets come with tracking hardware and this allows US to know the exact location of the planes and they easily can disable them at with just a switch of a button and can easily make them fall with just finger tip. If this happens, even if we buy 100s of them, our security is not guaranteed. Is it?

Hi,

You are just putting a useless spin on it----.

Here it is again---pakistanis have bragged fr many a years that if you have money---you can buy everything----and that was stated years ago---when people like me would say---build relationships---make friends---because friends do things for friends---money cannot buy friendship.

So---these multiple nations are not selling us their weapon system that we prefer----they are telling us to go shove our money---you ain't getting the weapons----that is what oit meant.

Other than that=----if pakistan can get out of this mess that it is in---it will be financially better off in time----but still may not be able to buy the tier 1 weapon systems---like the french submarines---or the rafale----and other goodies.

Yes and NO.

Yes because India is a big buyer of Russian weapons. In a conflict, any weapons supplier country would try to make business. USA pitched F-16 and F-18 to Indian tender and even talked about F-35 in future.

No, because:
1. USA doesnt want to offend India side by side. Thats why it mentions "power of balance" not be disturbed in the region with giving F-16 or weapons to Pakistan.
2. USA is more about Oil control than money through selling weapons although oil isnt in equation here.
3. Taiwan is an example also where Taiwan asks for US weapons again and again but USA tries not to offend China too much by selling hi-tech weapons to Taiwan.
4. ROK (south korea) is also an example, where USA has given them enough aid to make them self reliant in many aspects. USA is not milking them for money and has even stationed own troops for sake of democracy not invaded by communism (North Korea).
5. Pakistan recently got many weapons in aid package also set apart for it.

PAF wants them. I remember the last ACM saying in an interview that a few F-16's can make a difference in combat. PAF has around 100 in mind, which can be a psychological factor also and PAF wants to reach it. I think the original figure to be acquired was 111.

Yes we do. But thats the job of civil government.
Armed forces get a certain budget for the year and plan acquisition on basis of this budget. Rest of the bugdet is allocated to other sectors like medical, education etc.
Armed forces also operate hospitals for civilians like CMH and schools like APS, so they are doing their part.

This is a political question. There is a lot of mistrust between USA and Pakistan and as a result of mistrust, USA demands more to be done. This should be handled excellently on diplomatic level to bring best results

Talking about Pakistan as a 3rd world country here; Pakistan has more chances of getting economically stable through alliance and projects with China.
Example: CPEC, selling JF-17 etc.
Side note, IPI, TIPA is another example not involving China or USA.

Every country doesnt have a strong ally as China and a great geo-strategic location to use in its best interest and get out of the 3rd world country status.

Block 52+ and Mid life Updates on older PAF F-16's have got better tech now than what PAF had when it acquired F-16's Block 15 in 1980's.
We got Block 52+ as we had trained pilots, infrastructure, ammo, logistics etc in place already. Block 52+ offered much more in capability and lethality than Block 15 which PAF operated.
Dealing was good at that time because USA was honey-mooning with Pakistan as Pakistan was helping rout USSR and getting all what it was asking from USA. Once USSR left, so did USA and blaming of nuclear plans of Pakistan was used as an exit strategy.

For defence, yes. India intrudes us, we can use these F-16's to defend our airspace.

In reality however, in any war with india, USA will impose embargo, PAF will start using them freely. whats PAF got to lose then.

Kill switch and falling out of the sky like a dead bird, maybe not.
However Logically, it can be possible that a receiver device is hidden somewhere in the F-16. As war gets closer or begins, the US servicemen stationed in Jacoabad Airbase are instructed to render aircraft useless. They upload a software into these switches, connecting remotely. F-16 gets affected. F-16 is fly by wire system, means a computer controls its flight.
USA might not do it because no one will trust USA aircraft ever in this world.

Tracking, possible
Bugging, possible.

During OBL raid, these servicemen were advised to warn US Authorities if these F-16's fly to intercept Seals Helicopters.

Last edited:
India has already gone for Rafale and India knew rafale could be a perfect choice for Pakistan as a newer western 4.5 gen fighter for the following reasons:

1. French kept ROSE program alive even during 1998 nuclear sanctions so embargo on Rafale by France during Pak-Ind war has very less chances.
2. In 2009, France agreed to provide financial capital to expand the use of nuclear power in Pakistan. While, the officials at Islamabad termed it as "significant move", the Foreign service office maintained that: "France has agreed to transfer civilian nuclear technology to Pakistan."

EFT is not only expensive, its prone to embargo by any or all of European countries like UK,Germany,Spain, Italy. Gripen has already been stopped by USA to be supplied to Pakistan.
one word, lobbying. and after 2001 things went smoother.
in 2009 france offer to install a 900 mw nuclear powerplant but preasure from the usa prevented the sale going through and the government at them time was sucking pakistan dry so they had no money to buy them.

the eft does carry risk. did you know that germany refused to sell the thphoons to saudi arabia, but our government push the sale through. if pakistan sent an loi for about 54 jets they will be responded quiet happily. as a:its the largets order in several years which will keep thousands with a job. b, if the refuse a sale it would most likely back fire as other ME countries would not buy them and other countries that pakistan has influence, such as malaysia and possibly indoneasia. heck i wont be suprised if the kuwait deal get canceled.

i think the gripen is good to go now. the usa stoped the sale in the late 1990's near the nuclear tests, they showed interest in 05 and 07 nothing came of it though. but they wont sell it unless they are certain that india wont buy it in larger numbers the the pakistanis could'nt have brought them in.

I did mention SU35 but i didnt speak on it. It has many advantages like :

1. Capable of High altitude Combat
2. Extremely high payload
3. Long range A2A/A2G missiles
4. Buddy Refuelling
5. non-EM sensors
6. Manoeuvrable at low altitudes and slow speeds due to TVC for A2A combat
7. DRFM jamming suite etc etc
I am not sure of AESA but it can be incorporated.

In the 1950's and 60's, PAF allowed USAF to fly U-2 flights from Peshawar. Even after Gary Powers U-2 incident, at the end of 1960's, USSR gave an aid of 100 T-55 tanks and Mi-8's to Pakistan.This was stopped soon through Indian requests. The Russian hardware still made it to pakistan through China: Mig-19 as F-6, T-55 as T-59, Mi-8/17.
The biggest dent came in 1980's when once again Pakistan sided USA in Afghan war and USSR became just Russia. In 1990's, its reported that Ukraine offered Russian hardware, Su27 and Mig29 to PAF as PAF was hit by F-16 embargo, nothing materialized.

Eventually PAF did go for a Russian Mig-21 variant, the F-7P/PG in 1990's and 2000's. Then after a decade came the SU-35 talk along with Mi-24 acquisition. In Samungli Airbase, an Mi-24 stands on tarmac next to Mi-17 which landed here from Afghanistan and was not let go, I am not sure if it was operational or not.

In case of SU35, the main issue again here is Indian lobby, first not to let the acquisition go through. If that goes through then lobbying again to counter any soft loan procedure or any kind of loan. If that hurdle is crossed then, embargo to spares and losses during an event of war with India or use against India under any circumstances. Lastly, India doesnt know much about JF-17 or J-10 or J-31, but india operates SU30 and can get info on all operational capabilities,technicalities of avionics suite etc of SU35 from Russia. True that RD-93 is Russian and China has played a massive part in killing the Indian lobbying here but China may not do the same for SU35, in JF-17 China has a stake. Secondly, RD-93 can be replaced by Chinese WS series of engines in future maybe, fingers crossed.

I will also talk a little about France because PAF operates Mirages III/V. These are generally obsolete aircraft but PAF has kept them airworthy through upgrades and cannibalization for spares. The ROSE upgrades were not hampered by sanctions during 1998. SAGEM and GRIFO helped PAC with upgrades. But in case of JF-17, PAF which generally believed that western avionics was better than Chinese still went for Chinese KLJ-7 over RC-400 and MBDA range of missiles. PAF doesnt compromise on quality, so apart from price for western-comparable features of KLJ-7, a reason could be keeping JF-17 sanctions free.
Its clear to India that French helped Pakistan on ROSE project in tough years, PAF was also interested in Mirage-2000 and the deal almost went through, so in future Pakistan could opt for French Rafale and that could possibly be a sanction free western platform for PAF, so going for Rafale by IAF was very smart even when USA tried to lure it through nuclear deals and F-16IN and F-18 E/F and also EFT is chosen and flown by many more nations in large numbers compared to Rafale. India also keeps Russia happy by not going for a large order of USA aircrafts and this way doesnt provide any excuse for Russia to supply SU35 to PAF.

As seen in past 50 years or so, China is the only nation capable of providing (high-end,atleast after 2000's) sanction-free hardware to Pakistan.
Good post mate ,
Though I have difference of opinion here on the issue of , India,s role stopping Russian cooperation to Pakistan ?
I think , with growing uncertainty in ME even in Afghanistan ,, Russia needs Pakistan , Iran to cut the NATO to its size in the region ?
I'm sure , Russia isn't so keen to listen India against its national , & international interests & hope fully within a short conning future ,with CEPC in full swing , you will be able to see full picture .
& we just not only need , SU-35s , we need J-20s & other optable platforms to make sure , we can defend ourselfs in all situations at any time ?

Yes and NO.

Yes because India is a big buyer of Russian weapons. In a conflict, any weapons supplier country would try to make business. USA pitched F-16 and F-18 to Indian tender and even talked about F-35 in future.

No, because:
1. USA doesnt want to offend India side by side. Thats why it mentions "power of balance" not be disturbed in the region with giving F-16 or weapons to Pakistan.
2. USA is more about Oil control than money through selling weapons although oil isnt in equation here.
3. Taiwan is an example also where Taiwan asks for US weapons again and again but USA tries not to offend China too much by selling hi-tech weapons to Taiwan.
4. ROK (south korea) is also an example, where USA has given them enough aid to make them self reliant in many aspects. USA is not milking them for money and has even stationed own troops for sake of democracy not invaded by communism (North Korea).

PAF wants them. I remember the last ACM saying in an interview that a few F-16's can make a difference in combat. PAF has around 100 in mind, which can be a psychological factor also and PAF wants to reach it. I think the original figure to be acquired was 111.

Armed forces get a certain budget for the year and plan acquisition on basis of this budget. Rest of the bugdet is allocated to other sectors like medical, education etc.
Armed forces also operate hospitals for civilians like CMH and schools like APS, so they are doing their part.

This is a political question. There is a lot of mistrust between USA and Pakistan and as a result of mistrust, USA demands more to be done. This should be handled excellently on diplomatic level to bring best results

Talking about Pakistan as a 3rd world country here; Pakistan has more chances of getting economically stable through alliance and projects with China.

Every country doesnt have a strong ally as China and a great geo-strategic location to use in its best interest and get out of the 3rd world country status.

Block 52+ and Mid life Updates on older PAF F-16's have got better tech now than what PAF had when it acquired F-16's Block 15 in 1980's.
We got Block 52+ as we had trained pilots, infrastructure, ammo, logistics etc in place already. Block 52+ offered much more in capability and lethality than Block 15 which PAF operated.
Dealing was good at that time because USA was honey-mooning with Pakistan as Pakistan was helping rout USSR and getting all what it was asking from USA. Once USSR left, so did USA and blaming of nuclear plans of Pakistan was used as an exit strategy.

For defence, yes. India intrudes us, we can use these F-16's to defend our airspace.

In reality however, in any war with india, USA will impose embargo, PAF will start using them freely. whats PAF got to lose then.

However Logically, it can be possible that a receiver device is hidden somewhere in the F-16. As war gets closer or begins, the US servicemen stationed in Jacoabad Airbase are instructed to render aircraft useless. They upload a software into these switches, connecting remotely. F-16 gets affected. F-16 is fly by wire system, means a computer controls its flight.

Tracking, possible
Bugging, possible.

During OBL raid, these servicemen were advised to warn US Authorities if these F-16's fly to intercept Seals Helicopters.
Do you have any idea about the kill switches found in all of the dam F-16s ?
My friend ,these are the show pieces we have for USSR back in 80s & that's it ?

Last edited:
Yes and NO.

No, because:

Tracking, possible
Bugging, possible.

If needed a complete shut down of these dam show pieces from the conected NASA link !
Keep in mind that !

If needed a complete shut down of these dam show pieces from the conected NASA link !
Keep in mind that !
Using satellite link isnt cheap. If these planes were to attack anything American, yes possible.
For India, USA won't take that much headache.

Disclose = Reveal, Divulge, Tell, Communicate, Release, Broadcast, Report, Unveil, Leak
When? I don't know

what do mean by disclosed ? cancelled ?

I know we wanted buy 8 boats for the coast guard, when will this ship be delivered ? Or is the contract cancelled ?

8 or 18 , wont make a dot difference ...
when you enemy is 3 times larger than you .. if people think 8 or 18 Planes can do wonders than they need to come out from their Stupid Patriotism ..
it become a Pattern for PAF and PN to issue such statements after every time our enemy induct anything or any weapon ..
" Hum watan ki sarhadon ki hifaazat ke liye har waqt tayyaar hai " .... Damn i hate such comments when they know they are not and have no match for enemy ..

welcome to join the reality ! Thats the reason, why my posts in PAF sections are zero ! And in PN very less !

Back
Top Bottom