What's new

The world's most beautiful coins, Afghanistan on top

Sher Malang

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
Afghani_1680508i.jpg

A copper-plated one Afghani coin. Prior to the US Invasion, the Taliban and tribal warlords often produced their own money of varying values. These coins were only introduced in 2005 as a measure to help standardise the currency and to encourage Afghans to use a national currency rather than US dollars or Pakistani rupees.

australia_1680509i.jpg

The Australian one dollar coin, showing five kangaroos. All Australian coins have Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse, and show a variety of traditional images on the reverse, ranging from the Superb Lyrebird to the Australian coat of arms and a Gwoya Jungarai Aboriginal elder.

Canadian-Dollar_1680512i.jpg

The Canadian two dollar coin, affectionately referred to as a "toonie". There was an urban myth that you could pop the centre out, which was in fact partially true – defective coins struck in 1996 could be separated if struck hard or frozen, since the centre piece shrunk more in the cold than the outside. The defect was however remedied within a few months of detection.

dirham_1680513i.jpg

The UAE one dirham coin (which replaced the Gulf Rupee in all the Emirates in 1966) has suffered from many vending machine frauds, having the exact dimensions of the Phillipine one peso coin, Pakistan’s five rupee coin, Oman’s 50 baisa coin and the Moroccan dirham.

honduranlempira_1680515i.jpg

A 50 Honduran centavos coin (half a lempira) has a picture of the 16th-century indigenous chieftain Lempira, famed in folklore for leading resistance against the Spanish conquistadors.

hongkngdolla_1680516i.jpg

The reverse of the Hong Kong two dollar coin (pictured) features both Chinese and English characters. On its obverse is the Bauhinia flower, which appears on Hong Kong's flag.

Indian-Rupee_1680518i.jpg

The Indian rupee has been around since circa 6th Century BC - current issues, such as this one rupee coin, all have the emblem of India on their obverse.

israelisheqel_1680519i.jpg

This Israeli one shequel coin shows a lily, the word "Yehud" in ancient Hebrew and the state’s coat of arms.

More here: The world's most beautiful coins - Telegraph

The Norway one is surely one of the worst.......

krone.jpg

Many countries have the same type of coin but they have chosen Canadian one.

Believe it or not from last 3 years I have never used/had any coin with me :lol:

Turkish:

Turk+Lirasi.jpg

yes, turkish look nice. I like egyptian too.

egypt_1_egyptian_pound_2008.jpg

egypt_50_egyptian_piastres_2007.jpg

@Sher Malang then what you use to buy small things or what you do when shopkeeper gives you coins in return..

Hahaha :lol: :rofl: epic :D but looks beautiful clean and well designed

I guess I have never bought something that shopkeeper has given me less than 10 Afghanis in return :lol:

Even beggars don't accept coins of 1, 2 and 5 they want a note of 10 Afghanis here :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I have never bought something that shopkeeper has given me less than 10 Afghanis in return :lol:

Even beggars don't accept coins of 1, 2 and 5 they want a note of 10 Afghanis here :lol:

Hahaha beggars are demanding...u must be kidding.... That was new to me...

on the other hand, british pound is a high value coin, and you will almost always get some change when you buy stuff. Quite annoying though.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom