What's new

Modi Effect : Rupee best performing Asia-Pacific currency in 2014

Hehehehe, currently 1USD = 58.52INR

Modi breaches all expectations

58.4830 now :D:D:D

Screenshot (93).png

BSE Ltd. (Bombay Stock Exchange) | Live Stock Market Updates for S&P BSE SENSEX,
Stock Quotes & Corporate Information

The reason is simple, Japan, South Korea and China don't want their currency value to rise. Japan has historically intervened to ensure their currency do not take strength in order to avoid billion of dollars of losses for their domestic companies. In contrary India hardly have anything to lose as compared to Japan whose economy is more export-oriented.

The reason is simple, Japan, South Korea and China don't want their currency value to rise. Japan has historically intervened to ensure their currency do not take strength in order to avoid billion of dollars of losses for their domestic companies. In contrary India hardly have anything to lose as compared to Japan whose economy is more export-oriented.
Basically, Dar sb was trying to do the same and bringing down the dollar just because some MNA like Shiekh Rasheed challenged him..... But after geting some phone calls from some corporations he had to stop

Basically, Dar sb was trying to do the same and bringing down the dollar just because some MNA like Shiekh Rasheed challenged him..... But after geting some phone calls from some corporations he had to stop

1 US Dollar equals
98.90 Pakistani Rupee.

I believe pakistan is going to make a century sooner.

Not possible i think it can be achieve this year but not in 3-4 weeks :disagree: It's my views

It is possible ...coz, Ab Ban gaya hai ... Modi Sarkar.

1 US Dollar equals
98.90 Pakistani Rupee.

I believe pakistan is going to make a century sooner.

It is possible ...coz, Ab Ban gaya hai ... Modi Sarkar.
It was 108 a month ago and came down all the way to 96.xx
Until finance minister ealized what a blunder he had done

It was 108 a month ago and came down all the way to 96.xx
Until finance minister ealized what a blunder he had done

Ohh...U have already achieved 100+ ...I was not aware of that....Issue is most of your money is going to army...This is the reason your government cannot do much into development front...2nd point is you democratic government is not powerful enough to take decision independently....So these things are obvious.

Ohh...U have already achieved 100+ ...I was not aware of that....Issue is most of your money is going to army...This is the reason your government cannot do much into development front...2nd point is you democratic government is not powerful enough to take decision independently....So these things are obvious.
Npe, the problem is not that somple, we dont export much, we import allot, industry is all messed up because of energy crisis.....Law and Order situation is another issue...... But this topixc is about india not Pakistan

I have a feeling I am going to hate Modi because of his own fans.

So much sycophancy, so unbearable.
Yaar but I didn't see any Modi fan doing that in this thread. Lets appreciate what is appreciable and not bring unneccessary critisism as 'weapon for trolls' when Its not required.

you will see rupee value between 50-55 in 3-4 week.
Not possible. Infact India itself won't allow it to appreciate below 55 anytime soon. I read it somewhere.

Last edited:
Modi effect: Forex reserves up $11 billion since April

India's forex reserve rose by close to $11 billion so far this fiscal on the back of massive inflows from overseas investors, who pumped in dollars into the domestic market on expectation of a strong and stable government under Narendra Modi.
The foreign exchange reserve stood at $314.92 billion as of May 16, the highest since October 2011 when it was $320.39 billion, according to the RBI data.
In May so far, FIIs have poured in $4.4 billion into equity and debt markets, as per data from Sebi.
Foreign currency assets (FCAs), the main constituent of the reserves, also rose around $12 billion to $287.816 billion in the period from March end to May 16.
FCAs, expressed in dollar terms, include the effect of appreciation/depreciation of the non-US currencies such as the euro, pound and yen held in reserves.
The rupee has appreciated around 3 per cent in the last fortnight, riding high on expectations of a slew of reforms from the incoming government, to end at 58.52 against the dollar on May 23.
Some analysts feel RBI's likely intervention so far to minimise volatility on account of sudden inflows from FIIs also helped in building the country's reserves.

If rupee will be below 60 mark then our economy is crossing $2 Trillion in 2014 for sure.
Considering our economy was 98 trillion rupees and 110 trillion rupees in 2012 and 2013 respectively. Now It should be crossing 120 trillion rupee mark in 2014 for sure.

Some low-hanging fruit for Modi, but fixing economy won't be a cake walk - Hindustan Times

You need to only see how the Sensex behaved in the run-up to May 16 when the election results were declared to get an idea of the sky-high expectations that everyone has of the new government.

With no other factors propelling their rise — and, indeed, the economic fundamentals looking distressingly poor — the Sensex is up 15% and the rupee 4% since the elections were announced in early March. This on account of nothing else but a heightened sense of exuberance about what the markets think the new government can do.

Next week after his coronation-style swearing-in ceremony is over and key portfolios of his Cabinet have been allocated, when India’s new Prime Minister Narendra Modi gets down to the business of governing, the economy will doubtless be high up on his list of priorities. Will he be able to deliver what those who elected him expect him to?

The BJP’s manifesto talks about skill development for India’s burgeoning population of young people but that’s a long-term endeavour. In the short term through a combination of tax and labour law incentives, Mr Modi could give a fillip to sectors such as textiles, which don’t require highly skilled workers but do provide high employment. Such jobs may be more attractive than the handouts were under the UPA’s schemes such as NREGA.
The other booster, particularly for business, which has cried off investing and lost confidence in the economy, would be to quickly announce a deadline, say April 1, 2015, for reforming our archaic direct tax code and getting the states to agree to the long-pending goods and services tax system, which would free up trade across the country.
Read | Peace and power: here's how Modi can get India to the top

These and a similar deadline for getting projects such as the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor ready would make business want to start investing again, especially if the government is seen to be trying to stick to its deadlines.
Few believe that tackling the Indian economy will be a piece of cake — last year’s growth rate is estimated to be 4.9% and when the real numbers come out in a few days, it could be even worse — but if Mr Modi, who has won a jumbo-sized mandate on a wave of hope and expectation, wants not to disappoint his voters, he’d have to show some quick results to make them keep their faith.

To many, when it came to tackling the economy, the previous regime often appeared to be in sleep mode — that blank-screen hibernation that computer screens get into when you do nothing for a long time. Read | All eyes on economy: expectations ride high on Modi government’s first budget
To make a real difference and not disappoint those who have whole-heartedly welcomed him, Mr Modi’s regime will have to go into fast-forward mode.

Back
Top Bottom