What's new

The unreasonable criticism on Pakistan's defense budget

what’s worth criticising IMO is how we can afford such a big percentage increase in the arm
for this we first have to prove that defence budget has increase in absolute terms .... just convert it in $ and compare with previous years ....

Thankyou for understanding, I am sorry to everyone if they feel I am targetting my esteemed Armed Forces which I am not. My points in contention of this outburst is:
  • Understand the enormous threats we face, without our Army we would have been for a fact Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria.
  • The budget looks more favorable towards Armed Forces when our priority now is Covid-19 and Education and revenue generation, align our strategic interests to protect our lifelines, economic stability, massive increase in exports and proper tax and financial planning
  • Fix our Tax base
  • Fix our expenditures
  • Repurpose our goals
  • Reduce pensions, unnecessary military expanses as every rupee counts
  • Audit DHAs etc
  • Fix our economy
  • Get rid of rapists PPP and PMLn forever
  • Bring new parties and breed.

I used to do stress testing and performance testing using JMeter. Lets do a meet up in UK sometime bro.

Inshallah you will.

Thanks for the appreciation I do try to work as Hard and as Halal as much as possible and invest in property in Pakistan.

I can only speak for myself, and I honestly do not think you are against this, that or our armed forces. But, I do think your arguments and reasons for your arguments are illogical and lack basic common sense, my intention is not to be rude but you are not making any sense.

You keep repeating yourself with a wish list, but you are ignoring the ground realities and making claims that have no basis in reality.

Most of the points you have raised have no link to the defence budget, those actions can be done and should be done without affecting our defence requirements.
Rest of your points are totally irrelevant to the defence budget argument.

Please brother, get a grip on yourself.

I can only speak for myself, and I honestly do not think you are against this, that or our armed forces. But, I do think your arguments and reasons for your arguments are illogical and lack basic common sense, my intention is not to be rude but you are not making any sense.

You keep repeating yourself with a wish list, but you are ignoring the ground realities and making claims that have no basis in reality.

Most of the points you have raised have no link to the defence budget, those actions can be done and should be done without affecting our defence requirements.
Rest of your points are totally irrelevant to the defence budget argument.

Please brother, get a grip on yourself.

Since you have really asked. My point originally started from here: Increase of 11.85% proposed in Defence Budget of Pakistan. Increase of 1.3% in #Health Budget is also proposed. 220 million Pakistanis vs 8 lakh Pakistan Army.

...which is Rs 1.29 Trillion for Defence spending out of Rs 7.29 Trillion total budget. What this means is: 17.7% defence money out of total expenditures which Pakistanis only see in public eye.

Now Because Calculating defence budget as percentage of the GDP indicates its burden on the national economy. Pakistan’s defence spending as a percentage of the GDP is the highest in the region: with
Chinese budget as share of GDP being 1.9 per cent,
India 2.4 per cent, and
Iran 2.3 per cent.

So although its just 2.85% from GDP but in current circumstances of Health, Education and Unemployment from total 2020 budget Armed Forces takes the largest share of 17.7% out of total proposed budget of next year.

Now I am going to tell the most interesting part which is the figures given for defence spending do not give a full picture of the amount actually being spent on defence.

One major exclusion is the apportionment of pensions for the retired troops as mentioned above. The government would be paying Rs369 billion under this head next year – a 12.8 per cent increase over the previous year. Moreover, major acquisitions by the armed forces are not reflected in the budget and so is the case with the nuclear programme. So nothing is shown in the 1.29 trillion budget for ISI, new helicopter purchases or Nuclear programme, since you asked I am telling you this. Why hidden???

Now I am going to tell you another trick that happened which this thread I went against, why criticism of defence budget is justified is:

The civil works component is set to grow by 26.14 per cent to reach Rs155.5 billion.

Two major civil works projects currently being undertaken by the military are fencing of borders with Afghanistan and Iran and construction of border posts...though Army related but not included in defence spending. Why???

The Army would this year be getting Rs613 billion, PAF Rs274 billion, Navy Rs 140 billion, and inter-services establishment Rs262 billion. Fine.

Now Look at this why people are crying about: "The federal government has proposed allocation of only Rs 64 billion for the Higher Education Commission as the ruling PTI is unveiling its second annual budget 2020-21 amid coronavirus pandemic.And It has only allocated Rs 4.5 billion under the Public Development for ongoing and new schemes under taken by the Federal Education and Professional Training ministry". Is that a joke?

And then the government coversup and says it is providing maximum relief to public, my foot. Why Lie so much like a parrot...just say it is providing maximum relief to Armed Forces. Call spade a spade.

That's all the best sense l can make.

when last government left with $31.820 billion trade deficit was given by previous government of NS in just one year of 2017-2018, now you tell me is there any other way to finance this huge gap without taking loan [read statistical supplement for this]

Military is not running the economy from 2008-till todate .... so blaming it is nothing but idiocy

In total acceptance, PPP and PMLN has done things which completely destroyed the base structure of economy of Pakistan constructed again from 2001 onwards, it has looted us badly...and interestingly PMLN and PPP are still existing in parliament after this biggest treachery in history is beyond belief and without returning a single penny to Pakistani Awam.

I propose you quickly watch this video as a value of 100 rupees spending comparison from PPP to PMLN to PTI regarding loans and new budget distribution:

LoL....You sitting in comfort of batmans and guns, in AC, devoid of my effort in making you idiot understand an economic topic is beyond me, even invited you on a Pakistani awam free pizza treat as u are in habit of eating free or discounted rates.... You are just name calling me without any real substance of the matter at hand.

bro sounds like you have a screw loose and know absolutely nothing about the army and the threats we are facing. People like you, when Talibans were walking in and killing your families ,would cry out for the army to come and protect you.

just to show your total stupidity and ignorance pls tell me if Pakistan army still has batmans ?

75% of pensions are for military personnel. This is in a country with no social security and no medicare

- 75% of pensions are for military personnel.
[Reality is after 18th Amendment Federal government is left with few Federal employes and Armed Forces are largest in term of Federal government Employs]

- This is in a country with no social security and no medicare
[Again Social Security Programs of Federal Government]

Who told you we don't have Social Security department :what:

Our nation is usually in love with generals who loot , kill and plunder our nation. What do they call us I am forgetting. Oh yes I remember it sounds something familiar like Bloody civilians.
You claimed to show you proof of the claim 'bloody civilian' . I did show it to you. US who is a superpower and has a 22 trillion economy has a budget of 3.4 % of their GDP. Pakistan a developing country has the highest percentage of defence spending as % of their GDP. Last year it was more than 4 %. This year with the depreciation in rupee it is likely to be more.
Seems like you have been high in arnabs chars. Pakistan defence budget is 2.82% of gdp this year. Stop pulling your propaganda out of your r3@r.

And no we don't love general Nawaz, general altaf and general zardari.

The issue with these idiots like you is they have a tunnel vision, Armed Forces will grow till judgement day as they stated, and you are an Indian, devoid of understanding what are we gonna do with a USSR type army without an economy and nothing to feed 220 million Pakistanis and exact plans to increase our GDP. When you ask them how Military machine is run and fed? Nil How are we going to pay back loan to IMF? blank....Tu aah jana phir, F10 Mcdonalds apney khabotar ley.

AC mein beta sao raha hai on 220 million awam's money, enjoying, or should i deliever a pizza in your Pindi Cantonment now for you to enjoy more.

If useless 220 million cannot produce and export, don't blame army. Yani bacha bhi hojaye to army ka qasoor.
It is failure of civilian govt to not improve the gdp. Army is getting peanut of a budget mere 7 billion vs 68 billion of bhart. But the performance of army is incredible. Which was proved last year. Our fail awaam and politicians say we are 7 times smaller and cannot fight India . In reality they are puppies of their bhart mata.

bro sounds like you have a screw loose and know absolutely nothing about the army and the threats we are facing. People like you, when Talibans were walking in and killing your families ,would cry out for the army to come and protect you.

just to show your total stupidity and ignorance pls tell me if Pakistan army still has batmans ?

Nobody cried for the army to come. The army had to sort this stuff because they were the people that created these extremists in the first place during the 80s. So if army was killing them they werent doing anyone any favour because these people were the creation of the same generals. The people of Pakistan had to suffer because of these FA pass duffer generals .

Including pensions, India's defense budget is 1.8%. Excluding pensions, defence budget is 1.5%.
Stop throwing your nonsense here. Mr propagandist. India defence budget is 2.5%, while pakistan is 2.8.

Nobody cried for the army to come. The army had to sort this stuff because they were the people that created these extremists in the first place during the 80s. So if army was killing them they werent doing anyone any favour because these people were the creation of the same generals. The people of Pakistan had to suffer because of these FA pass duffer generals .

No matter how much you cry, your general Nawaz terrorist will not be let go of.

Seems like you have been high in arnabs chars. Pakistan defence budget is 2.82% of gdp this year. Stop pulling your propaganda out of your r3@r.

And no we don't love general Nawaz, general altaf and general zardari.

If useless 220 million cannot produce and export, don't blame army. Yani bacha bhi hojaye to army ka qasoor.
It is failure of civilian govt to not improve the gdp. Army is getting peanut of a budget mere 7 billion vs 68 billion of bhart. But the performance of army is incredible. Which was proved last year. Our fail awaam and politicians say we are 7 times smaller and cannot fight India . In reality they are puppies of their bhart mata.

India has an economy of $2.5 trillion. So its natural they will have a much bigger budget than us. Our economy is only 300 billion . As a % of GDP our defence spending is the highest in the region.

220 Million are capable that is why you are getting the very same officers from them. Army doesnt drop from mars. They go from normal population.

Stop throwing your nonsense here. Mr propagandist. India defence budget is 2.5%, while pakistan is 2.8.

No matter how much you cry, your general Nawaz terrorist will not be let go of.

Lol who nawaz? Just because I am criticising army makes me a fan of nawaz sharif? Thats some high IQ logic right there. No wonder we produced duffer generals like Zia , Musharraf Kiani , Yahya and what not

India has an economy of $2.5 trillion. So its natural they will have a much bigger budget than us. Our economy is only 300 billion . As a % of GDP our defence spending is the highest in the region.

220 Million are capable that is why you are getting the very same officers from them. Army doesnt drop from mars. They go from normal population.

Our spending is 2.8 vs Bharti spending of 2.5. Not much difference.

Lol who nawaz? Just because I am criticising army makes me a fan of nawaz sharif? Thats some high IQ logic right there. No wonder we produced duffer generals like Zia , Musharraf Kiani , Yahya and what not
We also do produce those 220 million wailay whose only job is to whin moan and produce babies after babies. Is army stopping them not to export and earn?

We also do produce those 220 million wailay whose only job is to whin moan and produce babies after babies. Is army stopping them not to export and earn?

Screenshot_20200613-231135_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200613-230944_Chrome.jpg

Ours is in top 10 in the world as a% of GDP. And its even slightly more than 4 %. Just because you like to lick jarnails boots doesnt mean the rest of the nation has to sit and watch these incompetent generals.

When they take 4 % of the GDP for 5 lac personnel absolutely. You cannot expect miracles from a country who has experienced coups , Generals running rough shot over constitution , supreme court and whose main purpose in life was to get a 100 acre farmhouse in okara. People of Pakistan have had enough of these people. It was made for us the civilians. This country wasnt made for the military to make this into North Korea.

there are plenty of ghatia low life low IQ scum bags in Pakistan who think exactly like you. Times and circumstances change. People like you who steal taxes and are corrupt to core are the real poison in our society. I wish Taliban had taken few more like Benazir.

No government whether Imran Khan or Nawaz can perform when the budget of all provinces is even less than the pension of military personnel.
Are you in your Senses. Military Pensions are 369 Billion this year and were 354 last year. Keep in mind due to Geopolitical Problems we have been forced to keep a huge military to keep conventional balance. Military also Employees Civilians their pensions are also included here.

Lets see Provincial Budgets Last Year.
Punjab : 2300 Billion
Sindh : 1217 Billion
KPK : 900 Billion
Blochistan : 419 Billion
AJK : 121 Billion
GB : 63 Billion

Combined this is over 5000 Billion.

If you go through the details of these Budgets the Pensions for Police, Civil servants, Government Hospitals, teachers and other Government employed are far more than Military Pensions Punjab alone Spent 244.9 Billion for pensions last year. Legitimate criticism is OK but dont make things up.

Back
Top Bottom