What's new

The Ultimate CSD Killer

The only time when NASR will be used is when Pakistan's entire existential existence is at stake. It means the IA has managed to effectively neutralize PA's war-fighting capability by effectively disbanding her Armour, has breached the N5 Highway, have effectively split up Islamabad-Karachi Axis and rolling towards Islamabad. Only than will NASR be likely fired to warn the Indian policy makers that Pakistan's red lines have been breached, and the next strike is going to be strategic.

India does not keep her nukes like Pakistan in assembled form, its stored in component for. The only two countries that keep their nukes in assembled form and ready to fire in seconds notice is US and Russia. NASR is designed to be a light small rocket that can quickly be assembled on the battlefield giving the battle field commanders the required vacuum they need to manoeuvre. Strategic nukes are big and they take time to assemble, thus if India starts assembling her strategic nukes, that is not something you can hide under the rug, expect the order to go out on Pakistan's side to start assembling their nuke too. In fact, in my opinion the order would immediately go out once Pakistan's existence is at stake and NASR has been fired. Thus, both sides will be roughly prepared at the same to initiate a strategic strike. It will be upto India whether she wants to fry out the entire subcontinent, or loose an entire Armoured Brigade in a foreign territory. This is one of the biggest cons of 'Nuclear Poker' as you suggested, you never know what the threshold and you certainly pray to God that you never find out in real life.

True that. But what makes you think that will be India's "pro-forma approach"? Otherwise my own conviction is Nukes are just the "Ultimate Cyanide Pill".
But the scenario that you have sketched above; if it merits a nuclear riposte from Pakistan; why should it be TNWs, that too on one's own soil? Why not a Strategic Response? Because that is where it will lead to anyway by default. Or is there another reason for creating and mobilising "sub-kiloton" nuclear weapon?

Of course the nuke scenario is hardly one to look forward to. Which is why it is simply amusing to see that some posters sell the theory that Pakistan can reduce its nuclear threshold.

Not at all, but its always the Armour which leads the attack and takes the bit out of the enemy's defences. Your attack choppers are going to be the most vulnerable as they will be operating in a very dense environment and are going to be constantly under the threat of air interdiction and SAM/AAA mobile batteries. PAF's high altitude AD coverage needs beefing up, but i would argue PAF's low altitude AD coverage is deadly at best especially in a dense environment like Indo-Pak. IAF cannot possibly provide the back up to IA's Choppers as she would be busy duelling out with the PAF in early phases of the war. I am more worried off those T90's rather than the Attack Helo's, Mobile Arty(PA has an advantage in this field) or the Drones.

Again you have assumed a "pro-forma" response. Do you think that it really will be only like that? Or only in the area/region that you have chosen?

If you see the array of weaponry that India is investing in; you cannot but notice the options that can be brought into play. Give that some thought please.

Care to justify your existence by expanding on how your claim concerns the indigenous arms race, which happens to be the psyche of the subject. !!!

First "SLV" - 1979 - ( SLV capability is pre-cursor to missile dev, thing that you folks dont know as you bought your first missile from NK)

Agni 1 - 1989

Ghauri 1( Nodong1) - 1998

there's something called wikipedia/google! :rofl: do some research before shooting from hip!!

You are more than welcome to expand, instead of posting a one liner :)

Well,

What I pointed out from your post is like IA thrusting deep inside Pakistan (say Lahore) is not CSD. So far I read and know about it, it is a very much taking calculated risk..not to escalate the situation up to the nuclear flash point or a full blown war.
Surprise will be the main motive and it will be the IA who will check and determine where is the loose point to infiltrate in any of the border at our will. Though it is attack plan, the objective is purely defensive from events such as Parliament attack and 26/11. The idea will be to force Pakistan not to aid any non-state actors immediately after any such attack.

The battle field/area to occupy will be under Indian long range SAM coverage anyways since it will not a deep inside attack, thus making your fighter jets constantly fear our SAMs while operating. NO PAF air crafts will be coming nearer to the flash point.(Thats the plan!)

It is to quickly occupy some sqml area using, mechanized force along with attack helicopters, precision A2G bombing from air crafts while neutralizing any Pak SAM assets nearer the area and not allowing PAF to operate there and HOLD it for further negotiations. It will be then up to the Pakistan who will try to open up another frontier. But Pak offensive capabilities is limited and it is a defensive force mainly.

In a nutshell, it is a Cargil type operation occupying your land in an event of major terrorist attack on Indian soil.

By the time NASR is going to get used, PA , PAF and not to mention PN all are in ruins. As notorious_eagle mentioned that IA/IAF/IN raining bombs over the Pak fortifications and ofcourse all the objectives for the preemptive strike has been made. So Pak makes last plea to India to withdraw its forces or face nukes, India does that and Pakistan wins again :lol:

This NASR seems to be highly overrated now and is turned into a NASWAR type addiction.

But hype is what Pakistan wanna create but it doesnt matter anyway as India is way ahead of Pakistan in economy,conventional power,missile technology and ABM systems.This NASR would be staying in it's canister untill its expiry date since IA is not intrested in doing Gazwa-e-Pak etc.The priorities of Pakistan is again misguided.

IA can simply sit back and watch the tamasha going on in Pakistan :pop:
Lekin Dil behlane ki liye khyal accha hai Galib..... Post some 1,000,000 thread about this NASR and feel elevated :yahoo: ... :pakistan:

By the time NASR is going to get used, PA , PAF and not to mention PN all are in ruins. As notorious_eagle mentioned that IA/IAF/IN raining bombs over the Pak fortifications and ofcourse all the objectives for the preemptive strike has been made. So Pak makes last plea to India to withdraw its forces or face nukes, India does that and Pakistan wins again :lol:

And the holy cow full of hot air remains untouched. :laugh:

cow_hot_air_balloon.jpg

I have a question. Why didn't Pakistan modify one of its existing SRBMs (Abdali or Ghaznavi) for delivering a tactical nuclear payload?? They do have considerable accuracy (~50m for the 300km range Ghaznavi) for a tactical nuclear strike.

If the answer is that a Nasr vehicle has a lower 'signature' than a normal BM one, it means that the other BMs could be too alarming for the internationals (US/Nato). Does this imply that Pakistan is prepared to lose its nukes to US/Nato in case of a serious conflict with India, and is instead preparing to possibly rely solely on tactical nuclear weapons?

By the time NASR is going to get used, PA , PAF and not to mention PN all are in ruins. As notorious_eagle mentioned that IA/IAF/IN raining bombs over the Pak fortifications and ofcourse all the objectives for the preemptive strike has been made.

Wishful thinking , once again , huh ? Nothing better than I expect from your lot but just to try to wake you up " You aren't fighting a first generation or second generation warfare " to somehow catch the enemy by surprise , to defeat it leaving it in ruins and get off without " unacceptable damage " ... @notorious_eagle mentioned a worst case scenario for discussion not for little kids like you to understand and mention it ... Yes , everything is done , but yet you haven't dared cross the border after Pakistan became the nuclear power :lol:

And the holy cow full of hot air remains untouched. :laugh:

All Hail ! :D

The play has been performed , applaud ! :lol: - Ancient Latin

Last edited by a moderator:
You can keep your batteries tanks etc on punjab border :D and even if we advance further in gilgit etc then you will be nuking your own territory and forcing india to nuke rest of your country :rofl:

so my simple scenario is pakistan nuking its own territory n killing its own people

And you would be a senior member with 7,000 posts ? :azn: Wonderful !

I have a question. Why didn't Pakistan modify one of its existing SRBMs (Abdali or Ghaznavi) for delivering a tactical nuclear payload?? They do have considerable accuracy (~50m for the 300km range Ghaznavi) for a tactical nuclear strike.

If the answer is that a Nasr vehicle has a lower 'signature' than a normal BM one, it means that the other BMs could be too alarming for the internationals (US/Nato). Does this imply that Pakistan is prepared to lose its nukes to US/Nato in case of a serious conflict with India, and is instead preparing to possibly rely solely on tactical nuclear weapons?
@AhaseebA, admittedly, no where near qualified as your self in this field, hence my conclusion is that the likes of Ghaznavi and Abdali probably can not be placed in multi tubes/canisters, nor can they be fired in salvo or have the shoot and scoot capability.

Isn't it ironic how much interest NASR is drawing from the Indian members..... not without reason if i may add. !!

Isn't it ironic how much interest NASR is drawing from the Indian members..... not without reason if i may add. !!

Even though it is allegedly " a useless piece of **** " and like all other weapons cant inflict damage to the holy cow or the saffron bandit !

Does this imply that Pakistan is prepared to lose its nukes to US/Nato in case of a serious conflict with India, and is instead preparing to possibly rely solely on tactical nuclear weapons?

No , the world's major power doesn't have the power to do so ... You still see Iran and North Korea with the nuclear capability on the CIA world fact book , right ? Rely on tactical weapons to let the enemy know how dangerous is crossing the border and how low are the thresholds ...

There are reasons why india dont want to solve kashmir issue and i told you that

That isn't what I pointed to ... You somehow hope to implement CSD on the mountain heights of LOC ? How exactly do you propose that your army initiates a mechanized offensive there ? Invented some new type of tanks ? :azn:

@AhaseebA, admittedly, no where near qualified as your self in this field, hence my conclusion is that the likes of Ghaznavi and Abdali probably can not be placed in multi tubes/canisters, nor can they be fired in salvo or have the shoot and scoot capability.

Yes, they require much more launch preparation time then a Nasr missile would require. Also the assembling stuff required is minimal in Nasr. So that points to the same answer, that Nasr has a low 'signature'.
I don't think any scooting is required when you are launching from 300 kms away :P . Anyways it seems like Pakistani military is determined to deal with any situation affecting the country from outside.

Yeah, some simply can't digest any of our military advancement.

Back
Top Bottom