What's new

The U.S is screwing up a $1.5 billion Turkey-Pakistan defense deal

Pay for the AH-1Zs in hard cash which are currently sitting in storage, and the engine will be released.

hopefully no we will not, these machines will always come with threats Sanctions and conditions to hamper us using them the way we want too

Turkey's domestic engine for T129 is still decades away. In the meantime, Pakistan can buy more Mi-35M from Russia and / or WZ-10 from China.

both have proved to be utter pieces of garage

we need attack helicopters not toys

Or Ukraine.

Their Motor Sich just won a big contract to supply jet engines for Chinese trainer aircraft.

both have proved to be utter pieces of garage

we need attack helicopters not toys
Your disinformation is reaching Indian levels of hilarity.

Quite frankly, if the BS you're spewing is true, then you need to lower your standards. You're in no position to judge Russian and Chinese helos as "utter pieces of garage [sic]" or "toys".

You're lucky you face an enemy as hilariously incompetent as India.

This deal was doomed from the start. I don’t understand why our military went for this option despite the fact that they knew it has a US made engine and the Turkish engine won’t be ready for another 5-7 years. Also the US government had issued a statement way back when this deal was initiated that they would not allow Turkey to export their engine. I don’t know what to call it.. uncalled for optimism or stupidity. Should ve just stuck to the Chinese Helis eand waited for the Turkish engine to be ready first.

The USA is in fact doing a great service to Turkey! She’s helping her to setup an indigenous turbo shaft engine industry in Turkey.....

As for Pak, I am pretty sure they’re very much into all aspects of chopper manufacturing in Turkey to have their own base....
Days of choppers are ending , large drones should be under development now to carry heavier loads.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom