What's new

The Type 055A will displace more than 18000 tons

What is the source for that (i.e. is that official or speculation)?

Aside: if that is the propulsion plant indeed, it still does not make sense to derive displacement from that.

The Type 055 will be COGAG, and if it is still CODOG, then it will be named as the Type 052E instead of the Type 055.

BTW, the article I posted here shows China's new variant of the QC-280 will have an output of 40MW.

I'm still kind of skeptical that the 055 will displace more than 13,000 tons. I think 11-13,000 tons is reasonable. People are projecting the 055 to have fewer VLS cells than Korea's Sejong the Great and that class only displaces 11,000 at full load. China has a habit of under-arming her ships. I'd love to be proven wrong, however, if the 055 planners decide to go "Russian" and have guns and missiles on every free square meter of space. :yahoo:

I'm still kind of skeptical that the 055 will displace more than 13,000 tons. I think 11-13,000 tons is reasonable. People are projecting the 055 to have fewer VLS cells than Korea's Sejong the Great and that class only displaces 11,000 at full load. China has a habit of under-arming her ships. I'd love to be proven wrong, however, if the 055 planners decide to go "Russian" and have guns and missiles on every free square meter of space. :yahoo:

Because Sejong still uses the inferior MK-41, whereas the hot/cold launched versatile VSL of the Type 052D/055 is even larger than the MK-57.

Even the DDG-1000 only has 80 VLS units, but do you think it will be inferior to Sejong?

BTW, the Type 055A will indeed be larger than the earlier Type 055, just like the Type 052D being much larger than the earlier Type 052.

Back
Top Bottom