What's new

The two hindu girls who were allegedly forced to convert are flirting with their husbands.

U r seeing this as evil
But you might never know their fathers and brothers might do once these girls return to their homes.

What if these girls really did convert willingly???

I first hand have seen hindus converting in mosques here in America.

Some reverts/converts were early teens when they started looking into Islam and chose Islam as their religion.

Maybe marrying at this age is wrong. But converting at this age is not.
such reversion doesnt hold good
they are being held by their captors and will say what they are told
any "confession" under duress is inadmissible in the law

tell that to his crying parents.
I dont want any brother or father to see that day when his girls are taken away like this and then told they did it willingly

But converting at this age is not.

Hazrat Ali RA became Muslim at age 10.

I know several female converts from Hindu backgrounds who after conversion were either ostracized by their families or forcibly reverted back and married off.

We need to find out who is the one forcing these girls, whether husbands or parents.

These girls would be considered emancipated minors in the US and afforded full rights of an adult, if they willfully left home got married.

doesn't seems to be forced .
At least Imran Khan complied obediently to the tweet of her highness Sushma Suraj.
I hope now our foreign office will send these pictures to her with thanks.
I'm sorry but Pakistan has mentally accepted India's supremacy, otherwise we have enough reasons and ammunition to be on the offensive, instead we are distributing ''good will'' in search for an illusive peace.

Fathima Rifqa Bary became a Christian at age 16 & everyone loved her. here is the west. Individuals have converted to various religions and even young ages and not reverted back.
Conversion is secondary issue to the fact they got married in dubvious circumstances. And why the fcuk are you bringing the west into it? These are Pakistani girls, probably groomed/converted to marriage. Is it normal in Pakistani culture for girls to leave home and then marry underage without parentel oversight?

That don't look forced and they don't look 13 & 15 either. More like late teens to early 20s...o_O

The marriage has already happened and both parties seem to be happy (groom and bride) of the fact. Now the question is if system nullifies the marriage which side would be at a greater loss? Perhaps the system being run under PTI government would find a way to regularize this matter as long as there weren't any issues of marriages being forced in some way.

The tragedy of Hindus is either they tend to be exploiters or exploited. The exploiters (upper castes) always managed to cut deals with Muslims Turks or British while exploited were always exploited. Though Islam and Christianity gave some relief it was mostly meagre.

We need to know full details here. But I am very critical of the middle aged mullah. While we can forgive the men as youthful folly the mullah clearly knows that in a conservative society most weddings happens with parental consent. He should have voluntarily reached out to parents of girls or make some efforts to do that instead of presenting girls who are fellow citizens in front of camera as some sort of war booty.

What cast were these ladies? If they were lower casts then I could see them converting to Islam to just get away from the discrimination from upper cast brahmins and getting married into Muslim families for protection....

That's normal in many parts of Pakistan; especially the rural areas.
Hence the law, and the need to enforce it and deter others from violating the law.

The marriage has already happened and both parties seem to be happy (groom and bride) of the fact. Now the question is if system nullifies the marriage which side would be at a greater loss? Perhaps the system being run under PTI government would find a way to regularize this matter as long as there weren't any issues of marriages being forced in some way.
In Pakistan, considering the amount of pressure that can be applied by the wealthy and powerful on the poor and weak, opening the door for ‘regularizing’ such violations of the law opens the door for the families (and victims) being threatened, pressured or bribed into stating that ‘they are all willing’.

Hence the law, and the need to enforce it and deter others from violating the law.

In Pakistan, considering the amount of pressure that can be applied by the wealthy and powerful on the poor and weak, opening the door for ‘regularizing’ such violations of the law opens the door for the families (and victims) being threatened, pressured or bribed into stating that ‘they are all willing’.
Don't forget this event may already have affected the life of girls in some way considering idiosyncrasies of our society so regularization may not be a bad option.

Don't forget this event may already have affected the life of girls in some way considering idiosyncrasies of our society so regularization may not be a bad option.
We can’t regularize a crime, because then there’s no deterrent to such crimes in the future.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom