What's new

‘The truth of 1971 can be reached to all through films’

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
YUS8BFkane4g69hsB5rDWDvVyxyvCOuRijAGjVkl.jpeg

April 22, 10:26 PM 108 Views

http://unb.com.bd/m/category/Lifestyle/the-truth-of-1971-can-be-reached-to-all-through-films/16971

Dhaka, Apr 22 (UNB) - With the hope to portray the true essence of our Liberation War through our documentary and mainstream films, the closing ceremony of the 7th International Festival of Docufilms on Liberation and Human Rights- 2019 was observed at the Liberation War Museum, Dhaka on Monday.

Liberation War Affairs Minister A K M Mozammel Haque attended the closing ceremony as chief guest. Director General of Dhaka Film Archive Bidhan Chandra Karmakar, Mass Communication and Journalism department of DU Chairman and one of the jury board members of this festival Kaberi Gayen, festival director Tarek Ahmed, eminent cultural persona and Chairman of Dhaka DocLab Nasiruddin Yusuf Bacchu, Cinematographer and one of the trainers in this workshop Nilotpal Majumdar and Trustee Board members of Liberation War Museum Mofidul Haque and Robiul Hossain were present among the guests.

“The real scenario of the massive genocide happened at our Liberation War is by far one of the most horrific tragedies in history, and I urge our young directors to step up and portray the situations and emotions through their films,” said Mozammel Haque .

The festival started on 18th April at the Liberation War Museum at Agargaon, Dhaka. The theme of this year’s festival was Rohingya Persecution.

Jury board member Kaberi Gayen awarded director Fuad Chaudhury’s film ‘Merciless Mayhem’ as the best documentary among the 6 documentary films that were part of the main competition, titled as ‘1971 and Beyond’.

A total of 12 young directors presented their projects in the special workshop titled ‘Exposition of Young Film Talent’. Rafiqul Islam Anowar’s project ‘Mandolin in Exile’ was nominated for the best project award while Priyanka Acharya’s ‘Muktijuddhe Tripura’ was nominated for the special project award. Also Krishnakali Islam’s ‘NOC’ was nominated for Doc Lab’s special prize.

The festival committee announced the theme of next year’s festival titled as ‘Bangabandhu: The Liberator’ with a vision to celebrate the centenary of the father of the nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.

The undisputed fact is that Pakistan had only one corps comprising three divisions in East Pakistan during 1971. In fact, when operation searchlight began on 25th March 1971, the total number of Pakistani troops on the ground were around 27,000. More troops were sent from West Pakistan but they had to arrive through a long circuitous route since India had blocked air route over India taking advantage of the famous “Ganga Hijacking Case” (believed to be a false flag planned by RAW for this purpose). The higher number talked about was a deliberate attempt to defame and demoralize the Pakistani army, to demonstrate to the world extent of an Indian victory. It was also helpful in putting meat to the story of three million killed, hundreds and thousands of rapes and genocide. An army of less than 40,000, spread over a large theatre of conflict under attack from guerrillas supported by the Indian army was hardly in a situation of doing what it was accused of the total figure, a mix of soldiers and civilians was deliberately floated by Indians, and later by Bangladeshis to support their case for victimization. In Pakistan, a clever Bhutto used this for various reasons of his own politics. No one ever wanted to clarify. In reality, the actual number of Pakistani troops who surrendered on 16th December 1971 was only around 34,000. and Salute my pak army who are fighting bravely this odd war where wining chances were zero. I wish ,at this time, also part of my pak army and fight with them this one of Odd war.

YUS8BFkane4g69hsB5rDWDvVyxyvCOuRijAGjVkl.jpeg

April 22, 10:26 PM 108 Views

http://unb.com.bd/m/category/Lifestyle/the-truth-of-1971-can-be-reached-to-all-through-films/16971

Dhaka, Apr 22 (UNB) - With the hope to portray the true essence of our Liberation War through our documentary and mainstream films, the closing ceremony of the 7th International Festival of Docufilms on Liberation and Human Rights- 2019 was observed at the Liberation War Museum, Dhaka on Monday.

Liberation War Affairs Minister A K M Mozammel Haque attended the closing ceremony as chief guest. Director General of Dhaka Film Archive Bidhan Chandra Karmakar, Mass Communication and Journalism department of DU Chairman and one of the jury board members of this festival Kaberi Gayen, festival director Tarek Ahmed, eminent cultural persona and Chairman of Dhaka DocLab Nasiruddin Yusuf Bacchu, Cinematographer and one of the trainers in this workshop Nilotpal Majumdar and Trustee Board members of Liberation War Museum Mofidul Haque and Robiul Hossain were present among the guests.

“The real scenario of the massive genocide happened at our Liberation War is by far one of the most horrific tragedies in history, and I urge our young directors to step up and portray the situations and emotions through their films,” said Mozammel Haque .

The festival started on 18th April at the Liberation War Museum at Agargaon, Dhaka. The theme of this year’s festival was Rohingya Persecution.

Jury board member Kaberi Gayen awarded director Fuad Chaudhury’s film ‘Merciless Mayhem’ as the best documentary among the 6 documentary films that were part of the main competition, titled as ‘1971 and Beyond’.

A total of 12 young directors presented their projects in the special workshop titled ‘Exposition of Young Film Talent’. Rafiqul Islam Anowar’s project ‘Mandolin in Exile’ was nominated for the best project award while Priyanka Acharya’s ‘Muktijuddhe Tripura’ was nominated for the special project award. Also Krishnakali Islam’s ‘NOC’ was nominated for Doc Lab’s special prize.

The festival committee announced the theme of next year’s festival titled as ‘Bangabandhu: The Liberator’ with a vision to celebrate the centenary of the father of the nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
Trying their utmost to justify their independence knowing that they are the bastard country of India .. sad but true ... you were formed by traitors to Pakistan and brainwashed ever since

The undisputed fact is that Pakistan had only one corps comprising three divisions in East Pakistan during 1971. In fact, when operation searchlight began on 25th March 1971, the total number of Pakistani troops on the ground were around 27,000. More troops were sent from West Pakistan but they had to arrive through a long circuitous route since India had blocked air route over India taking advantage of the famous “Ganga Hijacking Case” (believed to be a false flag planned by RAW for this purpose). The higher number talked about was a deliberate attempt to defame and demoralize the Pakistani army, to demonstrate to the world extent of an Indian victory. It was also helpful in putting meat to the story of three million killed, hundreds and thousands of rapes and genocide. An army of less than 40,000, spread over a large theatre of conflict under attack from guerrillas supported by the Indian army was hardly in a situation of doing what it was accused of the total figure, a mix of soldiers and civilians was deliberately floated by Indians, and later by Bangladeshis to support their case for victimization. In Pakistan, a clever Bhutto used this for various reasons of his own politics. No one ever wanted to clarify. In reality, the actual number of Pakistani troops who surrendered on 16th December 1971 was only around 34,000. and Salute my pak army who are fighting bravely this odd war where wining chances were zero. I wish ,at this time, also part of my pak army and fight with them this one of Odd war.

Geography is Kadr (Fate) - Ibn-i Haldun (The true Father of the Modern Political Science. Machiavelli wrote his epic "The Prince" based on his work Mukaddema)

Historically speaking, Bengal has always been an invader's paradise!!! For example, only 17 Turkic horsemen just rode through Bengal and conquered it without chopping a single head off!!! The British East India Company defeated 70K strong Army of the Nawab of Bengal with only 200 British soldiers aided by 2,800 South Indian mercenaries!!! The entire Army of the Nawab stood idle due to the treachery of the top generals, ministers, bureaucrats, Marwari businessmen etc. The entire command structure of the current BD Army has been destroyed as soldiers rampantly kill their officers with a mindset like - soldiers are brothers to one another, we want the blood of the officer!!! If the Burmese Army marches even up to to Dhaka not a single folk will fire a single shot with a single air gun to protest!!!! As such, I would rather say Pak has somehow saved her skin with a minimal loss!!! BD isn't worth fighting for...

Geography is Kadr (Fate) - Ibn-i Haldun (The true Father of the Modern Political Science. Machiavelli wrote his epic "The Prince" based on his work Mukaddema)

Historically speaking, Bengal has always been an invader's paradise!!! For example, only 17 Turkic horsemen just rode through Bengal and conquered it without chopping a single head off!!! The British East India Company defeated 70K strong Army of the Nawab of Bengal with only 200 British soldiers aided by 2,800 South Indian mercenaries!!! The entire Army of the Nawab stood idle due to the treachery of the top generals, ministers, bureaucrats, Marwari businessmen etc. The entire command structure of the current BD Army has been destroyed as soldiers rampantly kill their officers with a mindset like - soldiers are brothers to one another, we want the blood of the officer!!! If the Burmese Army marches even up to Dhaka not a single folk will fire a single shot with a single air gun to protest!!!! As such, I would rather say Pak has somehow saved her skin with a minimal loss!!! BD isn't worth fighting for...
so true bro.that is why we not even bother to give any attention or comments on BD news.BD is a secular country now and disjoints from the name of Allah. We don't care about BD success or failure.

In reality, the actual number of Pakistani troops who surrendered on 16th December 1971 was only around 34,000.

34000 is around 10% of your army strength at time. Still a large number for a single surrender. (Assuming your 34K figure is correct)

It was because they surrendered that the other 65000 had to surrender.

34000 is around 10% of your army strength at time. Still a large number for a single surrender. (Assuming your 34K figure is correct)

It was because they surrendered that the other 65000 had to surrender.
only 3 divisions were deployed in East Pakistan and one sqd of old sabre thats all we had
against an enemy who outnumbered us 1:50 there were 12 IAF sqds participating against 16 sabres
our troops were fighting 1000 miles away from home for 9 tiresome months and even till 16th of December not a single city fell it was impossible to win in face of large hostile population we had lost the objective of war it was useless at the end

only 3 divisions were deployed in East Pakistan and one sqd of old sabre thats all we had
against an enemy who outnumbered us 1:50 there were 12 IAF sqds participating against 16 sabres
our troops were fighting 1000 miles away from home for 9 tiresome months and even till 16th of December not a single city fell it was impossible to win in face of large hostile population we had lost the objective of war it was useless at the end
And, who would you fight for to begin with??? For the folks who voluntarily want to be under the Permanent Settlement of the perpetual subjugation of the former Hindu masters??? And, for the folks for whom being Muslims is too much??? For the folks who discard “Merkez-i Yakin” and “Saya-i Huda-I Zul Jelal” for a song originally written by a Kafir to commemorate the victory of the Mushrikin over the Muslimin pertaining to the annulment of the partition of Bengal to favor the Hindus??? For the folks who replace “Hilal ve Sitara”, the banner under which the Serdar-i Mujahit have been drinking Sherbet-i Shehadet in the Meydan-i Jenk spread all over the known world, for “Sun”, the symbol of Sun-God, Mitra, Somnath etc????

Last edited:
And, who would you fight for to begin with??? For the folks who voluntarily want to be under the Permanent Settlement of the perpetual subjugation of the former Hindu masters??? And, for the folks being Muslim is too much???

It looks like @Oscar has deleted my post.

They were fighting for power hungry Bhutto and Dictator Ayub Khan and for the feudal elites of Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom