What's new

THE TOLOLING BATTLE

Continue boosting your self esteem guys. :tup:

Sure we will. Gives us pride that we cofounded every invader every time. What do you guys think about to boost your self esteem? Which war? 65? No, you didnt gain anything, and almost lost lahore. 71? Better not speak about that. 99? You withdrew faster than a gazelle without achieving any objective. So tell us, what do you think about to stroke your ego?

One of the battles in the struggle against the eternal enemy, the entity to the east, RIP - to all our brave Soldiers, who laid down their lives for our people, you are immortal and will never die.

Poet: Allama Muhammad Iqbal
Presented by: Homayun Shirzadeh (Farsi), Tauseef Amin(Urdu)

Concerning Muslim Freedom, and the secret of the
Tragedy of Kerbala

Whoever maketh compact with the One
That is, hath been delivered from the yoke
Of every idol. Unto love belongs
The true believer, and Love unto him.

Love maketh all things possible to us
Reason is ruthless; Love is even more,
Purer, and nimbler, and more unafraid.

Lost in the maze of cause and of effect
Is Reason; Love strikes boldly in the field

Of Action. Crafty Reason sets a snare;
Love overthrows the prey with strong right
arm.

Reason is rich in fear and doubt; but Love
Has firm resolve, faith indissoluble.
Reason constructs, to make a wilderness;

Love lays wide waste, to build all up anew.
Reason is cheap, and plentiful as air;
Love is most scarce to find, and of great price.
Reason stands firm upon phenomena,
But Love is naked of material robes.

Reason says, "Thrust thyself into the fore;"
Love answers "Try thy heart, and prove
thyself."

Reason by acquisition is informed
Of other; Love is born of inward grace
And makes account with self. Reason
declares,
"Be happy and be prosperous"; Love replies,
"Become a servant, that thou mayest be free."

Freedom brings full contentment to Love's
soul,
Freedom, the driver of Love's riding‐beast.
Hast thou not heard what things in time of
war
Love wrought with lustful Reason? I would
speak
Of that great leader of all men who love
Truly the Lord, that upright cypress‐tree
Of the Apostle's garden, Ali's son,
Whose father led the sacrificial feast
That he might prove a mighty offering;

And for that prince of the best race of men
The Last of the Apostles gave his back
To ride upon, a camel passing fair.
Crimsoned his blood the cheek of jealous
Love
(Which theme adorns my verse in beauty
bold)
Who is sublime in our community
As Say, the Lord is God exalts the Book.

Moses and Pharaoh, Shabbir and Yazid --
From Life spring these conflicting potencies;
Truth lives in Shabbir's strength; Untruth is
that
Fierce, final anguish of regretful death.
And when the Caliphate first snapped its
thread
From the Quran, in Freedom's throat was
poured
A fatal poison, like a rain‐charged cloud
The effulgence of the best of peoples rose
Out of the West, to spill on Kerbala,
And in that soil, that desert was before,
Sowed, as he died, a field of tulip‐blood.

There, till the Resurrection, tyranny
Was evermore cut off; a garden fair
Immortalizes where his lifeblood surged.
For Truth alone his blood dripped to the dust,
Wherefore he has become the edifice
Of faith in God's pure Unity.

Indeed
Had his ambition been for earthly rule,
Not so provisioned would he have set forth
On his last journey, having enemies
Innumerable as the desert sands,
Equal his friends in number to God's Name.

The mystery that was epitomized
In Abraham and Ishmael through his life
And death stood forth at last in full revealed.
Firm as a mountain‐chain was his resolve,
Impetuous, unwavering to its goal
The Sword is for the glory of the Faith
And is unsheathed but to defend the Law.

The Muslim, servant unto God alone
Before no Pharaoh casteth down his head.
His blood interpreted these mysteries,
And waked our slumbering community.

He drew the sword There is none other god
And shed the blood of them that served the
lie;
Inscribing in the wilderness save God
He wrote for all to read the exordium
Of our salvation. From Husain we learned
The riddle of the Book, and at his flame
Kindled our torches. Vanished now from ken
Damascus might, the splendour of Baghdad,
Granada's majesty, all lost to mind;

Yet still the strings he smote within our soul
Vibrate, still ever new our faith abides
In his Allahu Akbar, Gentle breeze,
Thou messenger of them that are afar,
Bear these my tears to lave his holy dust.
:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

I am sure that the Indian muslim soldiers who fought in that war, and their families will appreciate that poem. Thanks.

what else you expect from a guy who live "among 72 Virgins"...
I wasn't commenting on this thread as this is created by an Indian guy to admire what he thinks is the bravery of their soldiers and i respect your right to do so,but as you mentioned,such utter rubbish against another nation's Soldiers is uncalled for.
Safirz u expect respect towards ur solders and believe me we gave the dead solders respect too, we burried them didn't let them rot in open..btw I have one question did u guys ever question ur military leaders towards showing respect towards ur own dead solders?? Why doesnt ur army ever accept dead bodies, hmmmm I most of the self esteemed militaries even special perations are conducted to recover bodies, but u guys don't even take back dead bodies when they are given back with full military honour.my guess is that ur military want s to save the.burial costs, ur guess please?

scaled.php

"Dear Mama and Papa, By the time you recieve this letter I will be observing you all from the sky, enjoying the hospitality of the Apsaras. I have no regrets. In fact, even if I became human again, I'll join the Army and fight for the nation. If you can, please come and see where the Indian Army fought for your tomorrow... never forget the sacrfice of these men. Papa, you should feel proud. Mama, so should you... ok then, its time for me to join my clan of the Dirty Dozen. My assault party has 12 chaps.. Best of luck to you all...
“Live Life Kingsize.'

-Capt. Vijayant Thapar, Raj Rif, VC wrote in his last letter

Till date his father Col V N Thaper visits Tololing on his son's birthday and places flowers where he laid down his life.
Never forget, Never forgive
They died for us.

You are all fools from both countries. Do NOT sit at home and comment on a tragedy such as a war. Go and speak to War Widows of soldiers from both sides and then talk. The brave are doing the fighting and the cowards are initiating the war sitting in the national capital. Wake up idiots.

There is cricket, olympics, economic progress to show your prowess on, why to bomb each other's infrastructure to the point of stone age and create tragedies and war widows in the families of Armed Forces is for the civilian idiots to use their tiny brains (which are not utilised at all). Both India and Pakistan are buying Western and Russian arms which are giving 1500% profit to those economies while millions are in poverty in either side of the border. Wake up mankind.

I remember this war clearly. i was in India at the time. I was very upset to see our jawans fighting with very bad equipment. They were so poorly equiped. So many brave souls died. Sadly, their deaths could have been avoided with better equipment. It was the days that changed my perception of our govt and how we all had to help India become better. Their memories will never die. And everytime I see that pig Mushy on TV, I get irritated. Someone like him should never be allowed to enter India. But you North Indians have this love-hate relationship with Pakistan, whereas us in the South, just hate them.

I remember this war clearly. i was in India at the time. I was very upset to see our jawans fighting with very bad equipment. They were so poorly equiped. So many brave souls died. Sadly, their deaths could have been avoided with better equipment. It was the days that changed my perception of our govt and how we all had to help India become better. Their memories will never die. And everytime I see that pig Mushy on TV, I get irritated. Someone like him should never be allowed to enter India. But you North Indians have this love-hate relationship with Pakistan, whereas us in the South, just hate them.
there was no bad equipment in indian army, bofors guns were excellent..

there was no bad equipment in indian army, bofors guns were excellent..

There was subpar equipment, even a lack of equipment. What do you remember about Kargil? Plz enlighten me. If we were so well prepared we wouldn;t have begged Israel for supplies. Now would we? Our soldiers were using sten guns still. Their winter supplies were crap. Why do your kind always defend the indefensible? Admit there was a f-king problem so we can correct the bloody issues. If we keep on thinking everything is great and fine, then we will never be prepared. Hell, even a kid has more insight than this.

Read up mabe you and Screambowl can learn a thing or two

Executive Summary of the Kargil Committee Report:

By the first week of May 99, it had become clear to the Indian Army that Pakistani intruders were occupying a number of important Indian heights in the Dras, Kargil and Batalik Sectors. In the Dras sector, well entrenched enemy soldiers were directing precise artillery fire onto the Srinagar-Leh highway from Tololing. Due to the domination of the feature, it was vital to capture this Complex at the earliest, both to prevent interdiction of the highway and also to act as a launch pad for further operations. On 20 May, 18 GRENADIERS was tasked to recapture Tololing.

On 21st May, troops carried out reconnaissance and simultaneously dumped ammunition and supplies for the attack. The attack on Tololing was launched on 22nd May. Soon after, the Ghatak (Commando) platoon came under heavy fire 300 metres short of their objective. Operations were also hindered by extremely bad weather throughout the night. Though one more company was moved up to assist the Ghatak platoon, no headway could be made due to heavy enemy fire.

In the early hours of 25th May, two companies were launched from the South West; they too drew heavy fire and were pinned down 400 metres short of the objective. On 26th and 27th May, helicopter gunships were used but proved to be ineffective. On 28th May, a fresh attempt was made to capture Tololing along the South Eastern and South Western spurs. Despite some initial headway, the attack was soon stalled by accurate enemy fire.

At 2100 hours on 30th May, intense artillery fire was brought down onto the objective. Next day, one Company and the Ghatak platoon once again launched their attacks. Throughout 1st and 2nd June, contact was maintained with the enemy. By now, the troops had been in battle for 10 days in the open, in extremely harsh weather conditions. The fact that they continued to fight tenaciously speaks volumes of their morale and determination. At 0300 hours on 3rd June, the battalion second-in-command personally led an attack and was martyred in the effort. However, he had enabled the Battalion in establishing a firm base 30 metres from the top.

By 3rd June, it had become clear that more deliberate operations were required to minimise our casualties. Over the next nine days, approximately 250 artillery guns were built up in the area of operations.

2 RAJPUTANA RIFLES (RAJ RIF) was tasked to continue the assault from the 18 GRENADIERS firm base. Patrolling and analysis of air photos indicated that the enemy had at least one company in the Tololing Complex. The artillery continued with its bombardment and under the cover of this fire, one Company gained a foot hold close to the enemy by 2300 Hours on 12th June. A part of the Tololing complex was captured. This was a momentous event, being the first major success in Operation Vijay. However the task was far from complete.

Point 5140 was the highest enemy occupied post in the Tololing complex. Earlier attempts on Point 5140, by 1 NAGA

and 18 GARHWAL RIFLES (GARH RIF) had been stalled by very heavy enemy fire. 18 GARH RIF had however established a firm base in the area. Exploiting this success, 18 GRENADIERS assaulted on 13th June with a Company, and captured a feature named ‘Hump’ on 14th June.

13 Jammu and Kashmir Rifles (JAK RIF) also concentrated at Dras on 12th June and began preparations to take part in the operations. After the operations of 18 GRENADIERS, a Company of 13 JAK RIF swept through the Hump Complex beyond which stood Point 5140, a strongly fortified position held in strength by the enemy with a large number of automatic weapons. Captain Vikram Batra was serving with 13 Jammu and Kashmir Rifles (13 JAK RIF) during Operation Vijay in the summer of 1999. Captain Batra displayed sterling leadership qualities by leading from the front to physically assault enemy positions on Point 5140. He launched a daredevil assault on the enemy, personally killing four intruders in a hand-to-hand fight. 18 GARH RIF and 1 NAGA were tasked along with 13 JAK RIF to complete the operations. After heavy fighting, Point 5140 was finally captured by 0330 Hours on 20th June and Tololing Complex had been regained. The battle of Tololing was the first major Indian victory of the 1999 conflict and laid the foundation for subsequent triumphs.

On 7 July 1999, Captain Vikram Batra volunteered to again assault and recapture the area North of Point 4875 from where an enemy locality was interfering actively in the operations of 13 JAK RIF. The task involved an assault along a narrow ridge with sharp cuttings on either side to clear a heavily fortified feature. It was before going on this assault that the gallant officer with an insatiable appetite for life gave his famous interview to a TV journalist, mouthing the line “Yeh Dil Maange More” and epitomising the energy and patriotism of every young Indian soldier in battle.

Personally leading the assault on Point 4875, Captain Batra engaged the enemy in a fierce hand-to-hand fight and killed five enemy soldiers at point blank range. During the assault, despite sustaining grievous bullet injuries, Captain Batra crawled towards the next enemy sangar and continued to hurl grenades and fire from his AK-47. He rallied his men, pressed home the attack and finally succeeded in achieving what had seemed to be a militarily impossible task. Inspired by this extraordinary display of fearlessness and raw courage by their leader, the troops fell upon the enemy with a vengeance and vanquished them.

With victory at his feet and cries of “Bharat Mata ki Jai” and “Durge Mata ki Jai” resounding in his ears, this brave son of India made the supreme sacrifice and wrote a new saga of courage that will further enrich the traditions of the Indian Army. For his unparalleled feats of conspicuous personal gallantry and fearlessness in the face of enemy, exceptional fighting spirit, exemplary junior leadership and selfless devotion to duty, Captain Vikarm Batra was posthumously awarded the Param Vir Chakra, India‘s highest gallantry award.

1085144_148390172024287_1711498509_o.jpg

1073781_148390178690953_1322450444_o.jpg

1085047_148390162024288_1440454412_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom