What's new

The third option for attack helicopter

Thats better than no helo. I am sure no matter how bad, it still much better than current obsolete cobra gunship.

What if Jf 17 don't work? What if the world falls apart as we speak now? Shah sb Chinese are investing a lot more capital in their weaponry than any country in the planet could ever, they are preparing to take on the US military muscle directly
I am not saying its bad. We are low on cash and ww need Helicopters for long term. We are trying to get perfect Helicopters according to our needs. T129 outperformed Z10 in trials conducted by PA.

Have a Turkish squadron later on but the need is for now and mind you no country would be able to field weapons as superior a the Chinese in near future bar the US
Well we don't have an imminent war and COIN operations are also closed so there is n hurry.

I am not saying its bad. We are low on cash and ww need Helicopters for long term. We are trying to get perfect Helicopters according to our needs. T129 outperformed Z10 in trials conducted by PA.

You are not getting it, the Chinese up gradations gonna be humongous this is called perfection and we'd be absorbing all of that without much difficulties. And no we were never low on cash.

Be reminded you are comparing a light helo vs a medium helo. T-129 weights 3.6tons is not going to have some magical armour to negate its light weight vs Z-10 5-6 tons weight.

Gunship unlike fighter jets need to hover low and expect to take some punishment from small arms or even heavy machine gun. If PA is going to take ceiling height as bench mark while sacrifice armour. Doesnt sounds like a good idea.

There is some official information about Z-10 from AVIC:
微信图片_20200330222251.jpg

Be reminded you are comparing a light helo vs a medium helo. T-129 weights 3.6tons is not going to have some magical armour to negate its light weight vs Z-10 5-6 tons weight.

Gunship unlike fighter jets need to hover low and expect to take some punishment from small arms or even heavy machine gun. If PA is going to take ceiling height as bench mark while sacrifice armour. Doesnt sounds like a good idea.

Few years back my brother gifted my an I phone 4, was happy to show it off among friends circle but every time when I have to get a new feature it would cost money even for the basic applications. So I decided to ditch it in favor of huawaei - - - - - - - only the cam result was a lil OK compared to the i phone but over all I became the master of its destiny.

Same is the case with the super duper vipers in our arsenal. Even the thunder block 1 could perform what they weren't allowed to and still aren't allowed. So technological advancement is relative to Pakistani needs. I mean what you gonna do with a trendy all famed aircraft when it's barred from delivering certain crucial weapons and is always under the watch but your 60 years old plane could pull the same trick without any checks and balances ?

@MastanKhan

Hi,

This comment shows innocence---and I am not saying that to be disrespectful---.

The perfect machine is the one that is available to provide you with protection---.

I'm not very familiar with helicopters.. Why not consider something like the Eurocopter Tiger?

He means too much dependence on 1 country ( by buying everything ) .

I know what he means.

There are only limited number of suppliers and in this case you have to go by the most trusted.

Suppose you get the machines from.Turkey / US. War happens tomorrow, US imposes sanctions on supplies and everything related to American parts in Turkish machines, what then. You are back to square one.

Just like US has strong relations with Western nations and it'll fight tooth and nail to secure them, same applies to the growing relations between Pakistan and China.

Pakistan needs to choose and commit to binding itself closely with China because Chinese aren't leaving this region.

But unfortunately, I think the free dollar is what's preventing the strengthening of the bond.

Back
Top Bottom