What's new

The Tejas light combat aircraft, 30 years in the making, is just 60% indigenous as of now.

1)I am not Chinese and I am not a spokesperson of the Chinese government or its citizens..

2)Yes, it is disingenuous to call it is indigenous when it is not. I don't care if you are from Mars.

3)It is ok for you to showcase your technology without the boosting. The "indigenous" part is totally unnecessary.

1) I don't understand the relevance of the first sentence. The point is that every country outside the US and Europe that designs a fighter calls it indigenous. And not just Indians, as you alleged. Even your own country, when it dreams of making one, as you will see below.

2) Except that it is indigenous. It was designed in India, the airframe was designed here, flight tess were done here. Yes, some parts are foreign, including the engine and radar. That doesnt mean the aircrft is not Indian. Saab Gripen is touted as a Swedish fighter, although its engine comes from the US (the same engine as our Tejas). The Gripen NG's radar is also not Swedish. Most of Chinas indigenous fighters are powered by Russian engines. But the fighters are Chinese. Almost every fighter on the planet has foreign components in it.

Anyway, face it - your point to which I responded was not whether Tejas was indigenous or not, but that only Indians use the word indigenous. You have been proven wrong, whether or not you agree the Tejas is indigenous.

3) Then you should tell that to every country that labels its products 'indigenous', not just India. And you still haven't answered my question - would you apply the charge of low self esteem or low self respect of low IQ or whatever it is to all those countries as well? Don't evade it by saying you are not their spokesman - you are not India's spokesman either, but had no problems pontificating.

P.S: I know your own country has no 'indigenous' program, and probably never will, but when somebody in your country even proposes such an idea, guess what verb he uses?

Best Fighter for Canada: Rise (and fall?) of the indigenous 5th gen fighters.
The Connection between Canada’s Fighter Aircraft Purchase and its Business Aviation Industrial Base | Zenith Jet

Perhaps Canada might glean enough technology to build an indigenous fighter of its own!

And from the past:
Wings Across Canada: An Illustrated History of Canadian Aviation - Peter Pigott - Google Books

...Canada's first INDEGENOUS fighter aircraft, the FDB-1...

So it is NOT India alone that labels things as indigenous. This is your third chance to admit your mistake if you have any self respect - which you charged Indians collectively of lacking.

The agencies should make sure to have a proper system rather than making it 100% in home built. Build the system with foreign parts if needed and make the product in time and have something that fulfills the requirement of the armed forces. And down the line change the parts where they can to make more indigenous. Otherwise there will be huge delays. Work with what you have and don't try to re-invent the wheel.

60% indigenous content in LCA Tejas is quite good.. Once the Kaveri engine is matured, the number will go over 80%...
It was a good decision by India to delink the Kaveri program from LCA program. Atleast we have a capable aircraft now, albeit with a foreign engine. India will develop the Kaveri engine in its own sweet time, and when it done, it'll be something all Indians will be proud of.. just like the cryogenic engine of ISRO...

3) Then you should tell that to every country that labels its products 'indigenous', not just India. And you still haven't answered my question - would you apply the charge of low self esteem or low self respect of low IQ or whatever it is to all those countries as well? Don't evade it by saying you are not their spokesman - you are not India's spokesman either, but had no problems pontificating.

Yes. I would and I should.

If you read my post carefully and digested it fully, you would know using the term "indigenous" is ridiculous not just for the Indians but the Chinese, the Koreans, the Japanese, the US, the British, the Italians, the Brazilians, the Martians.

The rest of your post is just rants.

Yes. I would and I should.

If you read my post carefully and digested it fully, you would know using the term "indigenous" is ridiculous not just for the Indians but the Chinese, the Koreans, the Japanese, the US, the British, the Italians, the Brazilians, the Martians.

The rest of your post is just rants.

No, it isn't. Every sentence in my post was a pointed rebuttal of your position. Here is your original post:

"Indigenous" is a word reserved only for Indians.

Why boosting your "assembled military hardware" as Indigenous????

Only the Indians who have no self respect and self esteem would say such a thing when it is not rue.

You will not admit it, but every country calls a fighter designed in the country as 'indigenous'. Regardless of whether it has foreign parts in it.

And we don't called assembled stuff as indigenous. We have assembled jaguars and mig-21s and mig-27s for decades, but we don't call them indigenous. We have been assembling and even manufacturing the SU-30MKI, but we dont call it indigenous. Tejas is indigenous, because the aircraft was designed and developed in India, although parts of it are foreign. Just like the Gripen is a Swedish plane, although its radar and engine are foreign, and just like the J-10 and J-11 are Chinese.

Adieu.

No, it isn't. Every sentence in my post was a pointed rebuttal of your position. Here is your original post:

You will not admit it, but every country calls a fighter designed in the country as 'indigenous'. Regardless of whether it has foreign parts in it.

And we don't called assembled stuff as indigenous. We have assembled jaguars and mig-21s and mig-27s for decades, but we don't call them indigenous. We have been assembling and even manufacturing the SU-30MKI, but we dont call it indigenous. Tejas is indigenous, because the aircraft was designed and developed in India, although parts of it are foreign. Just like the Gripen is a Swedish plane, although its radar and engine are foreign, and just like the J-10 and J-11 are Chinese.

Adieu.

Please my dear darling Janon, a link, a newspaper clip that the US, the Russian used the word "indigenous" when they announced their new products, be it cell phones, cars, fighter jets.

Like I said, only those who have low self-esteem would use such a word.

Ciao.

Please my dear darling Janon, a link, a newspaper clip that the US, the Russian used the word "indigenous" when they announced their new products, be it cell phones, cars, fighter jets.

Like I said, only those who have low self-esteem would use such a word.

Ciao.

In other words, every non-european and non american country lack self esteem, including your own.

Why ask for a link when I expressly stated that european and american countries don't use that term? If I said they do, then ask me for a link. In the very first post I made, I told you there is a reason why Europeans and Americans don't need to use that term. But all other countries (including your own, when it dreams) do when it comes to fighter aircrafts, and the reason has nothing to do with self esteem. You are projecting your insecurities onto others, when you hurl wild charges of lack of self esteem or respect or whatever.

Psychological projection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW:
Russian Paratroopers to Receive Indigenous Armored Vehicles | Defense | RIA Novosti

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&ved=0CEUQFjAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fglobalconnections.hsbc.com%2Fglobal%2Fen%2Farticles%2Fukraine-cars-chinese-carmakers&ei=6FTUUsbqPMHIkAXVvYD4DA&usg=AFQjCNFYmg6A13sAlORn0BrFI9w24v2YpA&bvm=bv.59026428,d.dGI

The country has its own indigenous car industry

BBC NEWS | Business | Lada deal highlights Russia's auto boom

And Russia's indigenous carmakers are quickly learning the ropes.

So you see dear armchair theorist, the word 'indigenous' is NOT reservved for Indians alone. Time to admit your error? Or not yet?

Last edited:
In other words, every non-european and non american country lack self esteem, including your own.

Why ask for a link when I expressly stated that european and american countries don't use that term? If I said they do, then ask me for a link. In the very first post I made, I told you there is a reason why Europeans and Americans don't need to use that term. But all other countries (including your own, when it dreams) do when it comes to fighter aircrafts, and the reason has nothing to do with self esteem. You are projecting your insecurities onto others, when you hurl wild charges of lack of self esteem or respect or whatever.

Psychological projection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

eh no. It is TOTALLY UNNECESSARY to include the word "INDIGENOUS" in the announcement, disregard which and what country was doing the announcement.

eh no. It is TOTALLY UNNECESSARY to include the word "INDIGENOUS" in the announcement, disregard which and what country was doing the announcement.

Have edited my post above to give you articles about Russia's 'indigenous' car industry, and 'indigenous' armoured vehicles, since you asked for links for the same. Since even BBC uses that word, maybe it is time you realize that that word is used widely, and your approval is not needed to use that word.

And again....maybe it's time to admit that it's not just India who uses the word? And apologize for the 'indians lack self esteem remark'?

In future try not to form premises from your preconceived conclusions.

Have edited my post above to give you articles about Russia's 'indigenous' car industry, and 'indigenous' armoured vehicles. Since even BBC uses that word, maybe it is time you realize that that word is used widely, and your approval is not needed to use that word.

And again....maybe it's time to admit that it's not just India who uses the word? And apologize for the 'indians lack self esteem remark'?

Well, If the Russians and the Brits DID in fact INDIGENOUSLY created and build those vehicles, then yes it is acceptable.

Indians? Not in this case.

Well, If the Russians and the Brits DID in fact INDIGENOUSLY created and build those vehicles, then yes it is acceptable.

Indians? Not in this case.

LOL. And yet you won't admit that the word is not reserved for India, which was your first allegation. This was your post to which I gave links this time:

And when you got links for that, you are shifting goalposts. I have had enough fun making you dance around. Its been entertaining for me, and hopefully illuminating for you. Sorry, I can't waste more time because you lack the integrity to admit your mistakes.

Adieu.

LOL. And yet you won't admit that the word is not reserved for India, which was your first allegation. This was your post to which I gave links this time:

And when you got links for that, you are shifting goalposts. I have had enough fun making you dance around. Its been entertaining for me, and hopefully illuminating for you. Sorry, I can't waste more time because you lack the integrity to admit your mistakes.

Adieu.

Cars, vehicles, armoured cars. armoured vehicles. Big fucking deal.

I have never said the word "indigenous" was reserved for India or not. Quote me if you dare.

Take all I have said in context. It is not possible for me to say something or anything and everything in perfect, complete sentence. I am not a lawyer. And we are not in the court of law to argue before a judge. Even we were, the judge would be able to take all in. So it is cheap for you to try to win an argument by making such a statement.

Cars, vehicles, armoured cars. armoured vehicles. Big fucking deal.

I have never said the word "indigenous" was reserved for India or not. Quote me if you dare.

Take all I have said in context. It is not possible for me to say something or anything and everything in perfect, complete sentence. I am not a lawyer. And we are not in the court of law to argue before a judge. Even we were, the judge would be able to take all in. So it is cheap for you to try to win an argument by making such a statement.

:rofl:

Post number 37, first line. That's what started this exchange. Now admit your mistake if you dare.

And I did not take anything out of context. You asked for newspaper clips or links for certain countries describing their products as indigenous. I gae you the example of Russia. You mentioned cars, cell phones etc, so I chose their car industry. Cut the crap.

:rofl:

Post number 37, first line. That's what started this exchange. Now admit your mistake if you dare.

And I did not take anything out of context. You asked for newspaper clips or links for certain countries describing their products as indigenous. I gae you the example of Russia. You mentioned cars, cell phones etc, so I chose their car industry. Cut the crap.

What did is said after that in the same posting?

So yes. You are taking what I said out of context.

It is colloquial. OVER AND OUT. I AM DONE WITH YOU. DON'T WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN.

I have never heard the F-35 labelled as Indigenous fighter jet by the US,
or the Dassault Rafale by the French,
or the Swiss,
or the Russians.

Why boosting your "assembled military hardware" as Indigenous????

Only the Indians who have no self respect and self esteem would say such a thing when it is not rue.

Only a troll who comes from a country that can't even manufacture a wheel can crash a party uninvited

Back
Top Bottom