What's new

The Tank Man

I am so happy those brain washed basterds got massicared and killed!!

If 1989 succedded, China will be a crap hole now. It will be far poorer than even India.

Very good job done by Deng Xiao Ping. Kill all those students who dare to cause instability in CHINA and spread western influences accross China so we would be more like them!!! NEVER

HEY YOU AEROSPACE ENGINEER PLEASE MAKE A SPACESHIP AND GO TO MOON... BUT PLEASE DON'T INDULGE INDIA IN YOUR CRAP.....\

If 1989 succedded, China will be a crap hole now. It will be far poorer than even India.

PEACE AND NO OFFENCE...

I am so happy those brain washed basterds got massicared and killed!!

Very good job done by Deng Xiao Ping. Kill all those students who dare to cause instability in CHINA and spread western influences accross China so we would be more like them!!! NEVER

I'm not happy about the students being killed. I'm very happy that they were suppressed. It could've been dealt with in a easier and more peaceful way. The 1989 protests showed that China needs far better snipers and assassins. Take out the leaders, the rest of the students are innocent.

These troublemakers deserved to be shot, if they succeeded, they would have ruined our nation.

no, i mean killing peaceful protesters are wrong.

Yes killing peaceful protesters is wrong. But when "PEACEFULL" protesters started to use molotov bombs and started using stolen guns to shoot to kill soldiers then soldier defending themselves is fair game.

And China did admitted some innocent bystanders were killed during the crossfire.

Yes killing peaceful protesters is wrong. But when "PEACEFULL" protesters started to use molotov bombs and started using stolen guns to shoot to kill soldiers then soldier defending themselves is fair game.

And China did admitted some innocent bystanders were killed during the crossfire.

true

several soldiers been killed and burned, the scene is horrible

open fire at the students is DengXiaoping's crime

but protest leaders are taking orders direct from american intelligence

same as in esat europe and in cairo

true

several soldiers been killed and burned, the scene is horrible

open fire at the students is DengXiaoping's crime

but protest leaders are taking orders direct from american intelligence

same as in esat europe and in cairo

Many students were indeed innocent, they were indeed manipulated by some CIA agents.

The goal of the students was never to overthrow the Chinese Communist Party, but asked them to stop and to punish the corruption.

However, some US spies were the real problem of escalating the tension.

Now we have learned from the world experts in dissident management, US and Singapore, to selectively find, track and silence dangerous spies without killing even 1 person.

HEY YOU AEROSPACE ENGINEER PLEASE MAKE A SPACESHIP AND GO TO MOON... BUT PLEASE DON'T INDULGE INDIA IN YOUR CRAP.....\

PEACE AND NO OFFENCE...

Sorry man. I was mad even think off 1989. Those students are so dumb. They dont know they are being used.

I dont make space ship. I wish I do. I am designing pumps at a small Southern California Company. :)

Sorry man. I was mad even think off 1989. Those students are so dumb. They dont know they are being used.

I dont make space ship. I wish I do. I am designing pumps at a small Southern California Company. :)

The students were indeed naive, but can't really blame them for that. Even many adults were fooled at the moment and believing Communist was so cruel by oppressing the students.

In fact, many people didn't realize at the time that in fact that US was the true devil and 100 times more vicious than USSR which can kill so many people without firing a bullet.

I saw that video when it first aired. The Chinese people they interviewed are a shameless bunch. Example

Jane Wong that lady that was describing, how the ammunition used by the PLA were copper jacketed (duh) and "unfurled when it hit someone" to cause heinous injuries... (cough BS)

Here's her story. She was born in Canada to a well off family who ran a series of Chinese restarunts, she became a devoted follower of Mao, ran off from home to join the cultural revolution in China and when one of her roommates asked her how to get to America, she ratted her out for a pat on the head. (the woman was sent to jail).

She then came back to Canada and became a rabid pro-democracy activist and journalist writing for the Globe and Mail, where she then suffered a mental breakdown and checked into a mental hospital.

Jan Wong is a tragic figure. But I find her sincere, if totally misled, used, and then discarded. As a "visible minority", there was no particular reason for her to wade into certain "controversies" (I vaguely knew the details but Wikipedia does a decent job in bringing you up to speed on how she was hung out to dry by the politicians and the brass at Globe and Mail).

It's a pity that "Citizen Jan" had not applied the lessons she should have learned from one side of the Pacific Pond to the other.

In all honesty, sometimes I feel like I am failing at this, too - the lesson business, that is.

But of all people, I would expect a little sympathy for Jan from the likes of you, CardSharp.

You may be more similar to her in some important ways than you know or care to admit.

INTERVIEWER
Are you going to stay in the Square yourself?

CHAI LING
No, I won't.

INTERVIEWER
Why?

CHAI LING
Because my situation is different. My name is on the government's hit list. I'm not going to let myself be destroyed by this government. I want to live. Anyway, that's how I feel about it. I don't know if people will say I'm selfish. I believe that others have to continue the work I have started. A democracy movement can't succeed with only one person!

I was a middle-school teen in 1989. And I actually took to the streets in Shanghai with some classmates on June 5th, not knowing what had happened in Beijing just the day before due to news blockade.

I think we put up a banner of some sort ... And I honestly cannot recall what was written on it, possibly something to do with corruption and what not. I don't think we wrote anything about "democracy" because we didn't understand it. Corruption we thought we had some concept of, particularly since those were the 官倒 heydays that even an entity like 漏斗子 lamented ... All I remember was that my penmanship was deemed way too atrocious to grace the banner.

Anyhow, looking back, it was a tragedy all in all.

I still maintain that Deng has committed a crime on this. The crime was not necessarily to keep order over chaos. But it was to trust the words and recommendations of the likes of Jiang Zemin, some of the most despicable characters ever emerging out of Shanghai.

I maintain that what took place was not the only way to end the unrest.

But looking back, as a very, very junior "participant", I must fully concede that the alternative may have been "Katastroika".

BTW, as an digression, Gorbachev was my grandfather's hero. And I also admire the man, his conscience, and courage. There was/is no logically inevitable connections between "Glasnost" and botched "Perestroika".

Yeltsin bore greater responsibility for turning Perestroika into "Katastroika" by my reckoning.

Back to topic ... I am glad this Chai Ling lady found religion, as I have. There sure is a lot to cleanse ... Her brand of astounding selfishness and lack of honour must in some ways be the by-product of the Great Proletariat Kultural Revolution ...

That's another topic.

While she's found religion (as a cover for treason) and treachery the rest of us found something more useful: honor and pride.

Back
Top Bottom