What's new

The Tank Man

To me, it was a tragedy of chinese history. it is unfair to blame these students. At that time few chinese people doubt students were doing the right course. not until 20 years later, we came to realize violent street revolution is not a cure to china.

After seen the performance of these exile democracy movement leaders, i feel chilled at the very thought what if they really succeeded in 1989.

These exile leaders are completely pathetic. They fight amongst themselves. They go around America looking for rich benefactors and foundation money. I think even CIA knows these guys are complete losers with no connections to China anymore. They are kinda like the Dalai clique -> Stateless losers. If they ran China, China would look like Zimbabwe right now.

It's his attempt to get Chinese member to be more Anti-Indian and therefore support Pakistan more. (like we fking matter in the grand scheme of things)

I just find the lie so pathetic.

Identity disorder. Best to ignore such people.

These exile leaders are completely pathetic. They fight amongst themselves. They go around America looking for rich benefactors and foundation money. I think even CIA knows these guys are complete losers with no connections to China anymore. They are kinda like the Dalai clique -> Stateless losers. If they ran China, China would look like Zimbabwe right now.

Yes, and we saw what happened to Russia as well. It turned into a virtual Mafia state.

The legacy of Perestroika.

Hell even if the government didn't crack down, that thing wouldn't have been successful. It was a revolution of privileged in the end. Most of the countryside where the majority of the people resided then had no feelings toward what was happening.

My favorite story is when the US Military brought Iraqi exile Chalabi back to be the new leader of Iraq and nobody in the room had ever heard of the guy. Imagine if the US conquered China and brought one of these guys back to be the new leader of China.

What is the b.s. about Chinese education in the video? They talk about how China is producing so many college students that they can't find jobs one day and talk about how China is spending all the money on the military and neglecting the education on the other.

I saw that video when it first aired. The Chinese people they interviewed are a shameless bunch. Example

Jane Wong that lady that was describing, how the ammunition used by the PLA were copper jacketed (duh) and "unfurled when it hit someone" to cause heinous injuries... (cough BS)

Here's her story. She was born in Canada to a well off family who ran a series of Chinese restarunts, she became a devoted follower of Mao, ran off from home to join the cultural revolution in China and when one of her roommates asked her how to get to America, she ratted her out for a pat on the head. (the woman was sent to jail).

She then came back to Canada and became a rabid pro-democracy activist and journalist writing for the Globe and Mail, where she then suffered a mental breakdown and checked into a mental hospital.

I think more people should check this video out:

The party officials actually invited the students over for talks but whenever they are getting somewhere with the talks another student would jump out and modify the conditions. The country would've been plunged into utter chaos if those people succeeded.

Last edited by a moderator:
All military ammo is full metal jacket. Hollow point violates the Geneva convention or something. She doesn't know guns.

Well said, take a good look at those "losers" in 1989 and now, they were well fed by their white masters and eventually turn into a white heart pig.

Wu'er Kaixi
_40209183_wuer203.jpg
VS 2009
Wu%27erkaixi.jpg

Well said, take a good look at those "losers" in 1989 and now, they were well fed by their white masters and eventually turn into a white heart pig.

Wu'er Kaixi
_40209183_wuer203.jpg
VS 2009
Wu%27erkaixi.jpg

Look how important he is now. He's got one microphone and it's Voice of America. Too many Big Macs.

We must let the student demonstrators to speak. After all, they may have something important to say.

Chai Ling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The students kept asking, 'What should we do next? What can we accomplish?' I feel so sad, because how can I tell them that what we are actually hoping for is bloodshed, for the moment when the government has no choice but to brazenly butcher us. Only when the Square is awash with blood will the people of China open their eyes. Only then will they really be united. But how can I explain this to my fellow students? And what is truly sad is that some students, and famous well-connected people, are working hard to help the government, to prevent it from taking such measures. For the sake of their selfish interests and their private dealings they are trying to cause our movement to collapse and get us out of the Square before the government becomes so desperate that it takes action." This gave rise to the public perception that the student leaders were making use of the students' lives and well-being to further their personal careers and financial interests.[1]

INTERVIEWER
Are you going to stay in the Square yourself?

CHAI LING
No, I won't.

INTERVIEWER
Why?

CHAI LING
Because my situation is different. My name is on the government's hit list. I'm not going to let myself be destroyed by this government. I want to live. Anyway, that's how I feel about it. I don't know if people will say I'm selfish. I believe that others have to continue the work I have started. A democracy movement can't succeed with only one person!

I was in kindergarten in 1989 and in the last few weeks of the protest I had to flee downtown Beijing and stay with my grandparents. My parents still had to work not very far from the Square and I was worried about their safety all the time.

Now as Chai Ling is rich (or at least have a rich husband), I wonder if I can sue her for the turmoil I suffered as a child because of their little political movement?

They may have had high IQs but they had rock bottom EQ and common sense. Now they're stateless losers on the run. They will die of old age long before China suffers unrest but perhaps they may live to see the collapse of the US and its global dictatorship.

Back
Top Bottom