What's new

The Snipers: Target and training analysis and solution

[/B]

Yes,this is natural feeling,anyone who works hard,would definitely like that report to be identified by him/her,what is the big deal,besides,all think tanks mention their name while introducing their marvelous piece of work.:blink:

I strongly advise that you keep your name and signature. if you dont then I will never write on your threads :)

in the opening thread, make one change to the following
The lesser distance, the lesser chances to be in vulnerable position

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...training-analysis-solution.html#ixzz2csjEAG4s

change lesser to more
Irfan Baloch

I strongly advise that you keep your name and signature. if you dont then I will never write on your threads :)

in the opening thread, make one change to the following

change lesser to more
Irfan Baloch

Oh,yes I mistyped,the distance is inversely proportional to vulnerability:D.
Yes I will keep it.:)
Best Regards,
Slav Defence

just a short note I would like to share
the captured enemy snipers are normally executed and dont get the normal POW treatment. they are treated as spies
this is due to the amount of terror, damage and disruption they cause to the opponents.
LeJ and TTP terrorists have caused major damage to our forces and most of our officers have been the victims of those snipers.

a friend of mine from early age who is in SSG says that they have suffered so much at the hands of TTP snipers that they were forced to take off the ranks from their shoulders during the assault and as per SSG code of practice, the officer leads the assault.

along the LoC in Kashmir. both Indian & Pakistani snipers are always on a lookout for the targets of opportunity to take out enemy soldiers that are unlucky enough to come in their crosshairs, on the other hand when a sniper is captured he gets the similar treatment.

Yes Sir, thats true. I personally like the solution the NLI boys had created for the TTP snipers, pluck their eyes out and set them free.

First of all,to make report short I have reduced a lot of points out of which are later on added by my friends,I thank you all for further addition.Second,I want to highlight few more points which I have decided to add later on.

The difference of objectives between the Police and Army:

The main objective due to which police is trained in developed countries like United States of America is that to protect it's civilians,such as hostages etc and to target their enemy in such a way that he may not harm the hostage.
US police seeks helps from SWAT.

Where as the specific military unit of sharpshooters or of terrorists organizations are trained to take part in offensive missionaries,such as killing of minister or any important figure of opposing country.

Effect on skills on the basis of Objective:

As the trained swat officers in USA have objective to disarm,shoot down criminals therefore their,position,distance and accuracy is much effected.Thus they can select vantage point with distance of 200 m only,while it cannot be imagined in case of overt operations carried out by military sharpshooters,as their distance and range of shooting is always greater then 600 m.

The above mentioned points clearly highlights the difference of training and objectives of civil security law and enforcement agencies and that of specific military units.

In less developed countries like Pakistan,we don't have SWAT teams who can assist police as compare to USA case.how ever we have rangers to fulfill the objective,however they are trained in such a manner and hired when condition is of :'Shoot at sight'.
@Last Hope,so here we can isolate one main point that we must work on updation of objectives which is the basic of training of any security sector,we have clearly seen the difference and compared it,so I suggests that Pakistan must work on to make such unit whose basic objective consists of following:

-To save lives in cases of Sikander Malik.
-To have strong training and efficiency like of SWAT force to avoid D.I khan tragedy,you have suggested task force as short term solution but for long term we must have proper SWAT like unit to handle and assist police in such cases.
-No need to bring any change in Rangers.Only deploy them on deplorable condition

Best Regards,
Slav Defence

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom