What's new

The Snipers: Target and training analysis and solution

@Slav Defence

add trajectory of various bullets used for sniping..most people doesn't even know that even hunting rounds and .222 caliber rounds are one of the best choice of snipers for close range shot..and for greater range than 300 yards,generally .30 cal class rounds are used..

so please buddy,its my request that you add trajectory of various rounds against various distance..we might learn some valuable info from that...happy sniping... :sniper:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good efforts bro, keep it up. i think there many other factors such as air density, muzzle velocity which are very crucial for snippers :D

I use a program installed on my samsung media player that makes calculations based on angle, elevation, barometric pressure, humidity and temperature& also distance to target. In modern age, if you know that basics, you can cheat using these devices. I still like to do my math by hand .
Shooter - Ballistics Calculator for iOS and Android

you left out the pdf resident expert in the mentions( yours truly)!
for simulated training, this program is awesome.:
ShooterReady

My FFL/dealer guy was planning to hold a long range class with this software included.
I think he was ex SF in the Army. Precision shooting is no joke.

So, the version three is here.
I did have a go at the previous version that you very generously shared with me.
It is worth trying.And it did somewhat, "Pura the shok" as you had mentioned.

@Slav Defence

add trajectory of various bullets used for sniping..most people doesn't even know that even hunting rounds and .222 caliber rounds are one of the best choice of snipers for close range shot..and for greater range than 300 yards,generally .30 cal class rounds are used..

so please buddy,its my request that you add trajectory of various rounds against various distance..we might learn some valuable info from that...happy sniping... :sniper:

dude, a 223 barnes tsx in 50 grain for targets behind intermediate barriers( ubran scenario) or 75 Gr 5.56 MK262 in battlefiled are devastating. No need for expensive 30 cal ammo or heave 30 cal based rifles.
Now if you want something potent beyond 375 yards, you would need a 30 cal setup & specialized teams.

So, the version three is here.
I did have a go at the previous version that you very generously shared with me.
It is worth trying.And it did somewhat, "Pura the shok" as you had mentioned.

Did you end up buying it? should ve told me . I do have the version 3.
You need to have a pen/paper ready for this program and notes are very essential
and provoke critical thinking .
Here is my updated setup with MK262 Ammo. Cost is about $1.25 per rond!
WP_20130823_001.jpg

Did you end up buying it? should ve told me . I do have the version 3.
You need to have a pen/paper ready for this program and notes are very essential
and provoke critical thinking .

Paa G, you shared the full version with me and that happened when you were the atmi_chuza....:D

I'm going through the 3rd version for now,as you've linked that page.

Yes, i did my homework & took it with some seriousness.

Cheers!

Paa G, you shared the full version with me and that happened when you were the atmi_chuza....:D

I'm going through the 3rd version for now,as you've linked that page.

Yes, i did my homework & took it with some seriousness.

Cheers!
I remember that now. How long ago was that? Too bad members here cannot pm each other anymore.
So have you become Dakutor yet?

just a short note I would like to share
the captured enemy snipers are normally executed and dont get the normal POW treatment. they are treated as spies
this is due to the amount of terror, damage and disruption they cause to the opponents.
LeJ and TTP terrorists have caused major damage to our forces and most of our officers have been the victims of those snipers.

a friend of mine from early age who is in SSG says that they have suffered so much at the hands of TTP snipers that they were forced to take off the ranks from their shoulders during the assault and as per SSG code of practice, the officer leads the assault.

along the LoC in Kashmir. both Indian & Pakistani snipers are always on a lookout for the targets of opportunity to take out enemy soldiers that are unlucky enough to come in their crosshairs, on the other hand when a sniper is captured he gets the similar treatment.

Honestly I don't mean any offence, but yaar hath thora halka rakho. Military planners are well aware of this, you don't need to produce a report on every matter! Such reports work on only some topics.

Good effort though, needless to say.

there is nothing mentioned that is "need to know". its all general and generic knowledge.
the articles like these are a refreshing change of usual spam posted on this forum and the reason is to give some readers a bit more than
how many of such arms we have and we should get 500000 of these with ToT and our enemy sucks and the eventual flame.

@Slav Defence, did you include weapons of choice for the Sniper in that flow chart.

I would have,and I have also removed beyond angle 220,as LAST HOPE has said:hath halka rakho...
Yet still I can add this for you luftwaffe..

however I can give you this source,you will love it.

Top 10 Sniper Rifles

According to this source,latest snipers are used by NATO and USA forces.
I have focused more on representing the counter-strategies to deal with snipers of terrorist organization,as it will be more helpful,then which rifle weapon type for sniper is suitable I guess.

Hahahahaha,,,, @faujHistorain really knows how to provoke you :chilli:

Peace

Now I will write best regards,just to provoke @hinduguy and not just hinduguy...Mr.Hinduguy...he hated that too....:D
My way of revenge if he ever tried to provoke me...as he always do..:D

you left out the pdf resident expert in the mentions( yours truly)!
for simulated training, this program is awesome.:
ShooterReady

My FFL/dealer guy was planning to hold a long range class with this software included.
I think he was ex SF in the Army. Precision shooting is no joke.

Oh,I am so sorry,I have no idea that you have such keen interest,in fact you are an expert,or else I would have taken your feedback and suggestions,before publishing it,so that you will find it more interesting,as it will cover your desired information too..:D

there is nothing mentioned that is "need to know". its all general and generic knowledge.
the articles like these are a refreshing change of usual spam posted on this forum and the reason is to give some readers a bit more than
how many of such arms we have and we should get 500000 of these with ToT and our enemy sucks and the eventual flame.

Thank you very much sir.very encouraging,I thank your feed back too.
I have referenced your name as well about budgeting and government plan,kindly tell us,how much economical back up is required for updation of sniper training and advancement of sniper weapon,any rough guess?for Pakistan army.

while we are at it and the thread hasnt been mutated with the typical bickering I will like to share something relevant. Based on my previous searches and readings this is what I will like to reproduce. Some of it is my knowledge and some is recycled from the web.
about the type of shooters

marksman is the lowest desirable category of a rifle shooter in the military one who is able to shoot the target "accurately" in least amount of time and ammo spent (the time & ammo economy is subjective & rests with the standards of the military training) any regular/ professional army has to have baseline marksmanship level army personnel who dont fire like the Palestinian and FSA retards (pun intended).

Sharpshooter is any marksman who shoots more shots in least time in the vital parts of the target, he is level above any baseline marksman. how much any force (say infantry battalion) should have better marksmen (sharpshooters) out of the normal shooters again depends on the level of training, equipment, emphasis and its philosophy.

Expert shooter is one that is best shooter than the first two. And can qualify for sniper training. Like already explained in the opening narrative of this thread that sniper has a lot to do with the training of concealment in location, movement, patience, stalking, knowing topography, exceptional map reading and more. Every expert can become a sniper but every sniper has to be an expert shooter. In Pakistan army so far only SSG has sniper training but this might be changing with the introduction of urban warfare and COIN training of our regular forces that have a dedicated number of personnel for that reason.

A Pakistani infantry Sniper along with regular troops involved in war exercise.
664e3774686aa7f03de27dcef636852c.jpg

But again, sniper is world apart and just having a high velocity long range scoped rifle doesn’t make one soldier a sniper, that comes from months or years of training that , as said before has much more than just accurate shooting at long range.

A Pakistan army infantry expert shooter/ sniper in Waziristan.

images

Pak army sniper with a sniper rifle in firing position with other soldiers, its not a typical sniper photo because there is no consideration towards concealment might be taken from training or mock photo of the COIN operation.
images

A typical American sniper team in position in Afghanistan
images

A well-known SSG sniper team photo

images

now watch this video relevant part is 2:15 onwards

Back
Top Bottom