What's new

The silence of the faujis

It's not the military's job to solve Pakistan's social issues. The military has distanced itself from politics and it should stay that way. I feel the Army is doing a commendable job by avoiding making any political or social statements and they should keep it that way. It's about time this nation learned which way it wants to live, under civilian rule or under military rule and this time, only this time, the military is doing a great job of teaching people to live with their problems.

Yes they are doing the right Job, But as Mr. Kayani mention his Independence day speech, By time to time army should put some pressure on the civilian government when they ignore the things which matter’s Pakistan security and sectarian violence dragging the security of Pakistan in to more trouble. Will you agree on that?

Great! so let’s blame the Army when it does something, then also blame it when it doesn’t. What a rondu!!

Sir Feisal (i dont even know why would people re=spell their names, attention seeking i guess), how ever 'blunt' you may seem and how ever you do persuade, this time it would the govt and THE People of Pakistan wo would have to clean up the mess they are in. The Army will merely do it own job, unless ofcourse it is called In Aid of Civil Power by the none else than the Govt itself!!

Amazing the article started on army's ideology, discussed minority issues, blamed the state, and ended instigating army to take action !!!

I think in between you missed PPPP sitting government who you support all the way, blame them for what is going on in the country... instead of blaming the state or calling in the army for help !!

sorry naqvi you lost all respect !! go to helll..........

Faisal Naqwi is missing one key point. He is assuming that the Army is not prodding the civilians. This is a blunder on his part and a very wrong assumption. The Army looks for opportunities to bring issues of such nature to the attention of the civilian government and when it does get a chance, the civilian government at the highest level usually gives the same typical response of "Hakoomat kar rahee hai kutch". The reason that the NSC was killed was exactly because of this reason since the civilian government did not want the military to question them on such issues and felt it was a forum for overbearing khakis. Nothing is of more importance to the Army than the issue of maintaining cohesion and national integrity.

This problem requires social engineering which can be helped by the government by ensuring the hate programs either in the madrassa systems or any other educational system are checked. Secondly, there has to be some level of control or standards set where the religious elements are not allowed to propagate hate agenda through their masajids or institutions against any of the other denominations. The government has failed massively on both these counts and this is something that the Army cannot fix on its own.

you got it completly wrong , he is saying what if a sunni junior officers refuse to obey senior shia officer ??
No Christen officer has refused a Muslim officer, nor does any shia officer will do it either.

It's just and figment of the writer's brain or may be this is what he wants in the hearts of his hearts and by airing this stupid idea may be he is trying to corrupt the minds of the ordinary reader and those in the Army.

i wonder where this dude was when the Army had ruled this country for decades? i would love see what would have written back then. Bl00dy hypocrites.

Let's be clear, what exactly do you guys want? Do you want the Army to keep a permanent foot up the govt's arse or do you want that the military should just do what it is paid for, because in my opinion the middle path between these two extremes is the only desirable solution (the military pointing out when the civilian cross the red line and then may be influencing them to take action, nothing more), but this is not what the writer has said in his article. Rather his article doesnt even slightly mention this option.

So where does this leave us, may be the readers are right in bashing this dude.

Faisal Naqwi is missing one key point. He is assuming that the Army is not prodding the civilians. This is a blunder on his part and a very wrong assumption. The Army looks for opportunities to bring issues of such nature to the attention of the civilian government and when it does get a chance, the civilian government at the highest level usually gives the same typical response of "Hakoomat kar rahee hai kutch". The reason that the NSC was killed was exactly because of this reason since the civilian government did not want the military to question them on such issues and felt it was khakis overbearing. Nothing is of more importance to the Army than the issue of maintaining cohesion and national integrity.

This problem requires social engineering which can be helped by the government by ensuring the hate programs either in the madrassa systems or any other educational system are checked. Secondly, these has to be some level of control or standards set where the religious elements are not allowed to propagate hate agenda through their masajids or institutions against any of the other denomination. The government has failed massively on both these counts and this is something that the Army cannot fix on its own.

I agree with all your points Blain you said it right on the money but Zardari doesn't have the spine to implement any such changes.

No, the military must be kept in the barracks. The problem is the horrible leaders like Zardari it must be fixed by removing fools from power.

No need for reform in the army, the radicals are dismissed whenever found.

You may look also the ex Pak army person but your flag was different in profile. Any way I have a question here due to some changes army done from past to the present please correct me if I have the wrong information.
a.When I was a child I saw many documentaries, even the army parades. The language were used in march past or any army parade while moving to left or right etc, was in English since I think 80’s. Later it become in Urdu. You know why and why it has not been changed in Kakul or any military academy to speak Urdu only, why they press to speak most of the time English. Why before 33 years army did not change the rules after 65 war or 71 war etc.

B. I am 100% sure on that I saw and here myself the SSG jawan saying Ya Ali Ya Ali when marched. Latter it was changed also after 80’s to Allah Hoo. Now even hardliners are saying to change it to Ya Allah Only and I have a memo mentioning to the army by one of the political government to say Allah Hafiz not Khuda Hafiz when leaving because it’s not right. Why it is changing all these due to hardliners pressure? Are the hardliners are more than normal population of Pakistan?

The author of the article fails to realize that if the officers are Shia then their silence on the issue is just as much to blame as the silence of the Sunnis. You would think the officers would have more influence so it is either they themselves do not care or as someone put it earlier they are just following orders not to care.
Professional militaries dont take into account whether their soldiers are shias or sunnis.

Once in the military, a shia wont bother about other shias or a sunni wont bother about other sunnis. The only thing they will be concerned about is if these shia/sunni thingy is affecting the country or not and if it is, only then a shia or sunni should/might speak up and raise their voice that to among themselves. Why, because it is not military's job to handle Police issues or that of Mayor's as in your case, not unless they call in the experts (military).

Professional militaries dont take into account whether their soldiers are shias or sunnis.

Once in the military, a shia wont bother about other shias or a sunni wont bother about other sunnis. The only thing they will be concerned about is if these shia/sunni thingy is affecting the country or not and if it is, only then a shia or sunni should/might speak up and raise their voice that to among themselves. Why, because it is not military's job to handle Police issues or that of Mayor's as in your case, not unless they call in the experts (military).

does it still hold with rumours of how how TTP sympathisers are present in the military

When did we Stop being Just Muslims ?

does it still hold with rumours of how how TTP sympathisers are present in the military
Black sheep are everywhere, even here on PDF or do you want me to point out the black sheep in your Army, by names?

Pakistan needs to reign in this Sunni Extremists. I am a Sunni Muslim and I am appalled and shocked by the brazen crimes of these Sunni Extremist and the GoP's spineless response to these criminals.

Ridiculous logic.

If the army interferes in civilian affairs, it gets blamed; if it doesn't, it gets blamed.

How about holding the elected civilians accountable for their jobs instead of looking for scapegoats all over the place?

The army is also responsible because:

- It have ruled Pakistan more then half period of pakistan's existence.

- So, if there is a mess the army is also responsible for it.

- And if army don't want to get any accusations it should let the people to punish the corrupt govt and elect another govt which they think is clean and the cycle will be repeated till the people are not satisfied by the govt. they have. :agree:

- Army should not grab power again.

- Nobody blames or praises Indian army in India for governmental issues as the army have no role in it. :angel:

=Xeric;3357693]No Christen officer has refused a Muslim officer, nor does any shia officer will do it either.
It's just and figment of the writer's brain or may be this is what he wants in the hearts of his hearts and by airing this stupid idea may be he is trying to corrupt the minds of the ordinary reader and those in the Army.
i wonder where this dude was when the Army had ruled this country for decades? i would love see what would have written back then. Bl00dy hypocrites.

Hope stays this way forever however considering current scenario ,fauji mindset add a few more years or a decade tops this unlikely be the case if things continue the same way also i was correcting the poster as he figured it wrong.
Let's be clear, what exactly do you guys want? Do you want the Army to keep a permanent foot up the govt's arse or do you want that the military should just do what it is paid for, because in my opinion the middle path between these two extremes is the only desirable solution (the military pointing out when the civilian cross the red line and then may be influencing them to take action, nothing more), but this is not what the writer has said in his article. Rather his article doesnt even slightly mention this option.
So where does this leave us, may be the readers are right in bashing this dude.
Miltary should keep the boots up their strategic assests arse or they will shove a big danda up theirs like what they have been doing so far.. Sort out the monster you created once job done go back to your barracks and continue what you are paid for by your CIVILIAN MASTER

Back
Top Bottom