What's new

The SAUDIfighter Typhoon??

whoever try to build a fighter by themselves, first build a light aircraft by themselves. Even a glider could help instead of TOT of Typhoon or F-22. They will give you everything but never gonna let yu know the alloys/composite material which were used to build those components. They know very well, what needs to be disclosed and what not so that you wont be able to make it on your own unless your industrial base reach to the level of China.

Thanks and my 2 cents...

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Saudi building its own Fighter.. No offense brothers... My A$$.

I never said we could NOW. I said we are on the way to be able to eventually. And when it finally happens don't have a heart attack.

saudi arabia will buy over 30 billion worth of upgrades to f-15s and 80 more of them..isnt that too too much????

saudi arabia will buy over 30 billion worth of upgrades to f-15s and 80 more of them..isnt that too too much????

The deal is not just planes. Read the complete deal in the world affairs section page 9 or 10 i think.

why?are you living in northkorea?

thats not a good excuse bro.
IRAN didnt make saeghe fighter in one night.we spent many years.and our next step was producing 5 gen fighter(shafaq).and we have another plan that we'll show you in 2012.
http://gallery.military.ir/albums/userpics/i70883_692539-orig.jpg http://gallery.military.ir/albums/userpics/vityaz~0.jpg

I am very happy that Iran could atleast make something to fly on its own even though the main design is from 1970's F-14. Thats not the point, you can come up with your own design now, with far superior aerodynamics than those Toys. But Iran should concentrate more on 3 and 3++ generation fighters first instead of Jumping to 5th generation which is way out of your league as of now. But 2020 onward you could start working on it.

I am very happy that Iran could atleast make something to fly on its own even though the main design is from 1970's F-14. Thats not the point, you can come up with your own design now, with far superior aerodynamics than those Toys. But Iran should concentrate more on 3 and 3++ generation fighters first instead of Jumping to 5th generation which is way out of your league as of now. But 2020 onward you could start working on it.
you are right but we passed all this step many years ago
Azarakhsh was our first step.it was a copy of f-5 with downgrade russians systems.that was 3 gen fighter that we produce it in 1995.our second step was producing saegheh.saeghe is a 4gen fighter with many new russian and persian aero systems such as new edition of RD-33 unknown radar and semi digital cocpit.
now we have made everything we need for 5 gen fighter such as AESA radar ,localy engine,full digital cocpit,kind of air to air ,air to ground and anti ship.and we have a very good aerodynamic designing plan.shafaq fighter is our first 5gen fighter.also we have another project called sofreh-mahi uav(crewable models too) which has stealth designing and we'll show it soon in 2012

lololololol. Iran is getting into your head a bit too much brother. We have not ordered ANY Tranche 1. We have 24 Tranche 2 and 48 Tranche 3. These are not deliveries these are airplane specs. for example Tranche 3 has AESA radar and BVR missiles and and many other goodies. Tranche 2 will be upgraded to tranche 3 standards.

LoL are you seriously implying that Saudi Arabia got only one....and THAT IT CRASHED. LMAO.

Reference:
Saudi pilot killed as Eurofighter crashes in Spain

A Eurofighter aircraft has crashed at Spain's Morón air base with one fatality, the Spanish ministry of defence has confirmed.

The combat aircraft, which was on a regular training flight, crashed into the ground "moments after take-off" from the base near Seville, according to the ministry's statement.

It was being piloted under dual control by a lieutenant colonel from the Saudi Arabian air force, who was killed, and a Spanish air force commander, who ejected before the crash.

The ministry says the Spanish pilot is "well" after receiving attention at the base.

CITAAM, the Spanish body responsible for investigating military aircraft accidents, has despatched a team to Morón to identify the causes of the incident, which took place at 0930 local time this morning.

The Saudi lieutenant colonel was at the Spanish base after the two nations signed a Eurofighter training contract.

#######################################

Saudia has to come to term with Iran diplomatically and realize that that is best solution fighting
wars for USA will turn it into another Afghanistan

Reference:
Saudi pilot killed as Eurofighter crashes in Spain

A Eurofighter aircraft has crashed at Spain's Morón air base with one fatality, the Spanish ministry of defence has confirmed.

The combat aircraft, which was on a regular training flight, crashed into the ground "moments after take-off" from the base near Seville, according to the ministry's statement.

It was being piloted under dual control by a lieutenant colonel from the Saudi Arabian air force, who was killed, and a Spanish air force commander, who ejected before the crash.

The ministry says the Spanish pilot is "well" after receiving attention at the base.

CITAAM, the Spanish body responsible for investigating military aircraft accidents, has despatched a team to Morón to identify the causes of the incident, which took place at 0930 local time this morning.

The Saudi lieutenant colonel was at the Spanish base after the two nations signed a Eurofighter training contract.

#######################################

Now , as you know , my understanding is that Saudia will not get a single fighter untill Christian forces have 900 planes or something like that is the deal with Devil

I understand you are delighted with the deal but I have seen this kind of deal before in Ottoman Empire time and the Master was British Empire they had a plan to contruct Ottomans "Whole Navy" ... but what happened in end was , that they "CONFISCATED" all the built boats and also STOLE the money ... by claiming that Ottomans has violated some term or condition when they felt it was right for them to confiscate it

(HAVE YOU EVER QUESTIONED WHY IS IT THAT SAUDIA IS PAYING ALL THE DEVELOPMENT COST AND CHRISTIANS AIRFORCES ARE GETTING ARMED FIRST WITH PLANES)

What are the chances these same "PARTNERS" will not be the ones that will attack Saudia one Day using the same planes you are helping finance ?

I see Saudia walking in same paths as Ottomans once did of trusting Snakes

Ummm. What are the Typhoons that I see flying above me everyday in college is then?? Christian Air Force Typhoons?? Dude we are getting our Typhoons according to plan we are not financing or any of that crap. The Typhoon that crashed "IN SPAIN" was a Spanish Air Force Typhoon not a Saudi one. LoL where the HELL did you get the idea that we only got ONE and on top of that it CRASHED and where?? in SPAIN??.

Ummm. What are the Typhoons that I see flying above me everyday in college is then?? Christian Air Force Typhoons?? Dude we are getting our Typhoons according to plan we are not financing or any of that crap. The Typhoon that crashed "IN SPAIN" was a Spanish Air Force Typhoon not a Saudi one. LoL where the HELL did you get the idea that we only got ONE and on top of that it CRASHED and where?? in SPAIN??.

See news above , so are the Typhoons going to flying to Spain for repairs or refueling or whats they deal , why can't you have a airforce that is "FREE" of outside interference

The way I see it is , Saudia is spending MEGA $$$ and not even getting 1% benefits strictly speaking looking at Long term deal

Why is Saudia panicking even after purchsing 72 Euro Fighter Typhoons ever wondered that ?

Surely just 20 planes would be enough to defend against the outdated other airforces

tsk tsk ...

Mean while Israel will get what 70 F-35 !!! Stealth from USA as a GRANT

I can see it now

IRAQ - IRAN WAR , then USA went and captures IRAQ which was weak from wars
Saudia - Iran WAR , then Israel went and captures Northern Saudia

A sniper rifle that will not fire when you need it is useless , better to have a normal rifle that will put a hole in enemies head

Where will the intentions to be to make they own fighter planes, when Saudi Arabia now have enough jets to serve them for next 20 years now?

Its like a man marrying his wife to be, he can't just get another one. Well for most religions anyway.

I mean , respect has to be given to Saudi Airforce

70-80 F15 and another 200 planned purchases great
and well also not to mention 70 Euro Fighters

But in end , weapons that are restricted , you can't fly certain KM range , or your weapons will not shot or fire at certain occasions are nothing but a suicide cyanide pill you are financing

You need to free your Airforce from "CONTROLLED ASSETS" untill then Saudia will always go into these Panic purchases

Compare this to Iran's Sovereign - Science and development efforts , there is a hell lot of difference , they manufacture their own Missiles and fighters and Helicopters and Tanks and Ships
Meaning in 2-3 years they can make

400 More missiles
200 More helicopters
400 more Tanks
10 more Ships
100 more fighter planes

This is what you call TRUE FREEDOM ...

Why did Iraq lost so Miserably recently , becasue their Fighter jets were not upgradable the PEOPLE had no knowledge how to upgrade them .... so they became just piece of junk ... after 10 years passed and whole nation was captured in mere 2 weeks

Infact that is true to some extent with the Freedom fighter jets that Saudia operates now outdated and a risk which is why Saudia is panicing now

With Iranian weapons , they are upgraded every year for latest development around the world

I think Saudia is on right path to build up its forces but they need their own R&D for Fighter jets , AWACS and Tanks

Saudia has been begging USA for AWACs upgrade or new AWACs ... for last 10 years !!!
Similarly Saudia has been asking for Navy Ships !!! from USA ... for last 10 years ..

Why don't they get these ... when some nations get F-35 gifted to them

In world war 2 , the nation that won was not the nation that had the most weapons when war started it was the nation that could MANUFACTURE new weapons at faster rate then other nation

Similarly , Pakistan and Turkey are Sovereign and so is Iran in defense matters
We create our own missiles , fighters , Ships and Tanks

It would be wonderful if Saudia could invest 30-40 billion on Joint development efforts with these nations rather then throw away cash , for "limited gain"

A proper , investment for Saudis is with

CHINA - TURKEY - PAKISTAN - IRAN - RUSSIA

In the long run after they attain the toys they paid for of course, don't want to end up getting bags of rice in return for paying for F15 some rascals have habbit of "not delivering what was ordered"

No offense to you Azadpakistan2009, but can you explain how Pakistan and Turkey are "sovereign" in defense matters? I understand that you probably intended to write "Pakistan and Turkey are independent in defense matters" but that too is highly questionable as a proposition. If Turkey ( a member of NATO and not a leading member) and Pakistan (who allowed USA and NATO to invade, occupy and bomb Afghanistan, to kill millions of Muslims, to use its own bases to kill Pakistanis using drones, who allowed Dr Aafia Siddiqui to be handed over to USA to be used as they like, etc) is an "independent" power, then there is some serious misunderstanding of the term "independent" or "sovereign" (as you have used) in your mind.

You may argue that Turkey and Pakistan are politically dependent on USA but militarily independent but even that is highly questionable. Most Turkish (major) weapons platforms are made in USA or Europe and the same is true for Pakistan, except that most of its major weapons systems are made in USA and China, and in Europe to a smaller extent. For example, F-16s are the backbone of Turkish air force. F-16 is an American (USA) plane. JF-17 used by Pakistan is FC-1 designed and built by China which supposedly uses Russian engines and crucial components. These are just examples, many other such examples could be provided.

The moral of the story is: do not repeat whatever mindless rhetoric other Pakistanis and Turks may spout out of ignorance and jahiliyat of nationalism. Investigate facts and analyze events independently using information and facts from as many diverse sources as possible to arrive at your own conclusion.

Back
Top Bottom