What's new

The sad tale of the LCA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second IOC (IOC-2) of Tejas is for Fire Power Demonstration

Makes no sense at all ! An aircraft doesn't need to recertified for air worthiness just for fire power demonstration :) Other article mentions that the Tejas will participate in exercises but that is not for IOC-2 ...

Makes no sense at all ! An aircraft doesn't need to recertified for air worthiness just for fire power demonstration :) Other article mentions that the Tejas will participate in exercises but that is not for IOC-2 ...

IOC1- GE F404, quad redundant FBW validation, 1.6 mach afterburner speed

IOC2- Operational Radar, SPS, operations R77, R60, 1.8+ mach speed, 8.5 G lim, Structural mod stuff classified.

FOC- Litening pod, Final Radar, HAL Production Model, Operational Derby,

Fire Power Demonstration is a part of it and that exercises is a part of whether it get IOC -2 or not

11 year old article...seriously.. is that the best you could do ...spent a sleepless night digging out anything negative about India and that's the best you could find....

Mate, aren't you missing the whole psyche of the article, I did point out in my pov for the article being dated, hence posting in the history section.....regardless of the outcome a decade later, the point is that LCA is not indigenous as claimed by the fan boys who never stop gloating about it.....but then you are not interested in that part but rather the age of the article.
And no i didn't spend a sleepless night .....i actually posted it a few hours before hitting the bed. !!!

Mate, aren't you missing the whole psyche of the article, I did point out in my pov for the article being dated, hence posting in the history section.....regardless of the outcome a decade later, the point is that LCA is not indigenous as claimed by the fan boys who never stop gloating about it.....but then you are not interested in that part but rather the age of the article.
And no i didn't spend a sleepless night .....i actually posted it a few hours before hitting the bed. !!!

LCA was on paper when article was written :lol: and even sweden have gripin which have american engine and radar and few of their avionics but still its called as swedish jet.

and tejas is not purely indian but efforts are done to make it purely indian.

LCA was on paper when article was written :lol: and even sweden have gripin which have american engine and radar and few of their avionics but still its called as swedish jet.

and tejas is not purely indian but efforts are done to make it purely indian.
Phase 1 commenced in 1990 and HAL started work on the technology demonstrators in mid-1991; however, a financial crunch resulted in full-scale funding not being authorized until April 1993, with significant work on FSED Phase 1 commencing in June. The first technology demonstrator, TD-1, was rolled out on 17 November 1995 and was followed by TD-2 in 1998, but they were kept grounded for several years due to structural concerns and trouble with the development of the flight control system.

Oh the article was written in 2001. :lol:

There is NO GLOATING, yes we are proud of LCA. The admirals article that you dug up is based on rumor mills in defence circles, same rumor mills do produce article 33 and super7 and lavi stuff.

The bottom line remains there is nothing that came from lockheed, neither did anything came from russia, wind tunnels were made in India, i personally know the contractors who supported the functions.

The CFRP composites, and the trials and tribulations , millions of cycles t-t tc tests, nearly 5000 combinations of different prepregs that we had to test to finally come to the required strengths produced one of the most advanced airframes I have come across.

There is no Idea in the public domain of the quality of the CFRP used on this a/c, I have been working in US in composites for 4 years now, and by the standards I see here, ADA is miles ahead and have done a brilliant job.

@Aeronaut;
I know it's easy to come to the conclusion that LCA should be shutdown and AMCA be pursued, but you have no clue how brilliant is the airframe. From what I have seen, I can tell you If the Right landing gear can be perfected, LCA will outlast every other aircraft in the world wrt serviceability (if FG 414 is as good as they say).

A detailed article about Pakistan Indian Air Forces. In that article i first read about LCA.
Not to mention in that same article i read about K-8 jet trainer JV with Pakistan.

Now compare K8 and also LCA project..:pdf:

you want to compare a jet trainer with a 4.5 gen multirole aircraft thats also meant to operate from aircraft carriers?
did your urdu daily suggest that?

For you it will be tough to understand...coz this is not a copy paste Job.

Any development out of Indian borders is a copy pasting ... inside indian borders it becomes indeginious; good thinking minds. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why exactly are the Indians crying here in the first place ? This is the military history section ... Doesn't matter when the article on LCA project was written whether it be when it got the funding , design approval or even when the idea came to the mind of a person !

brilliant, if this are the kind of sources educating you about how indigenous LCA is, good for you...

Why exactly are the Indians crying here in the first place ? This is the military history section ... Doesn't matter when the article on LCA project was written whether it be when it got the funding , design approval or even when the idea came to the mind of a person !

no one is crying, just refuting an ill written misguided and baseless article dug up for no value addition to any knowledge base of the readers of the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its sad to see pakistani members jumping with joy over delays on LCA, FC1 comparable was just slight better timeframe, it started before the LCA project, and had backing of two major air powers

Its sad to see pakistani members jumping with joy over delays on LCA, FC1 comparable was just slight better timeframe, it started before the LCA project, and had backing of two major air powers

They are cheering for a plane whose engine have flight hour for 2000-3000 hrs against a plane whose engine have flight hour of above 6000 hrs and have isralie avionics and better characteristics than junk fighter.

if being induction bit earlier sooth their soul then let it be

No we aren't ... We are just pitying you that you cant get this 30 year old project into active service with almost all the major components being foreign incl avionics and had design consultancy with the French ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom