What's new

The rise of China & India

People have been going on about the "Rise of China" for the past 10 years.

At some point they are finally going to get bored of waiting and just move on.

People have been going on about the "Rise of China" for the past 10 years.

At some point they are finally going to get bored of waiting and just move on.

The interesting piece is India and China controlled 50% of the world's wealth, those days might just return in the future - that's destiny.

The interesting piece is India and China controlled 50% of the world's wealth, those days might just return in the future - that's destiny.

That will take a lot of work and a LOT of time.

All this global attention is not helping our development. It is just giving people unrealistic expectations of something that "might" happen several decades down the line.

The question of course is what kind of global powers China and India will become. Peacemakers or imperialist warmongers.

I don't like the idea by the western media to hyphenate India and China.

Both are very different and should be judged differently.

I think a sizeable part of india is literally in a civil war.

What about Tibet and Xinjiang? Don't they constitute half the China

What about Tibet and Xinjiang? Don't they constitute half the China

that is no comparison. Xizang and Xinjiang are huge but the folks there are living peacefully. There have been occassional tensions between rioters and police. Those are rare cases. There are a lot a lot more protests and riots in india in places other than the regions plagued by bloody conflicts with the insurgents/ rebels. The violent civil war is happening in the red corridor. Big and constant violent uprising in J n K and there are civil unrests in the chicken neck too.

So I am just wondering how india can possibly maintain a sustainable economic expansion with so many severe internal problems at hand.

Back
Top Bottom