What's new

The rise of China & India

You are absolutely right that the Indian leaders steered a better course through the superpower maze, even though I would put India deep in the Soviet camp back then. Anyway, what matters is the relationship matrix today.

As we have previously discussed, India will try to play all sides to the max, but the situation is different now because the West has some serious expectations in return for its support. Let's see how the game plays out...

India has to do nothing. Keeping its present policy of 'China no 1 threat' would be more than enough for the West. What west wants is a fragmented Asia. China, India and Japan, the largest economies in Asia, at loggerheads is what west wants.

2 years ago,China and India rising would have fitted well,but now India has lost the momentum.
Not that its out of our hands already,but improvement needs to be done.

^^ agreed

But our rise as military and space power continues even now when our economy is not doing very well

Though i agree that Indian economy needs reforms and boost

I think a sizeable part of india is literally in a civil war.

Its kind of funny,you reckon sizeable part of India is in civil war,while thats nothing but false(I don't see anything happening do i?) but the same China doesn't recognize the civil war going on in Syria,where tens of thousands of civilians have been killed my power hungry brat and you do that just for the sake of opposing west.
Irony?

^^ agreed

But our rise as military and space power continues even now when our economy is not doing very well

Though i agree that Indian economy needs reforms and boost
Militarily we continue to grow and indeed are trying to be at par with China,but the overall development and the 'economic and manufacturing power',we are loosing our grip on it.

Well said.

It is rather $tupid to talk about internal quarrels in India (and to much lower extent in China) to malign any of these wonderful countries.

Let me give a quick example from another fine country.

We all can google "brazil favelas" and see the ugly side of Brazilian society, the side that means drugs, violence, and abject poverty.

However the international traders, the ones who bring in ship loads of dollars, do not worry about favelas. Not only international traders, even the ordinary visitors talk about Brazilian beauties, and beaches (see for yourself :rofl: Brazilian Beach Beauty - YouTube) and the wonderful experience at the brazil mardi gras festivities.

Similarly China and India are the wonderful and fantastic and exotic destination for the international traders and tourists alike.

This is why Indians are getting shiploads of trade dollars from the West and from America.

This is why Chinese are getting 100 times the Indian shiploads of dollars from the West and from America.

The economic engine of India (service providers and factory owners) runs non-stop thanks to a society that is extremely friendly to European guests.

Similarly the economic engine of Chinese (factory owners) runs non-stop thanks to a society that is extremely friendly to European guests.

In both the cases, for both India and China, negatives are there in one way or the other. India has more internal strife at the bottom rungs of the society. But the top rungs are India-first all the way.

Chinese are hindered by a draconian top-down governance, but Chinese and I mean all chinese are "China-first" all the way.

Both countries have issues like corruption among the government officials, and top level traders. But overall both are delivering products that are quality (as promised) and on time (as promised).

And this is what matters.

For both India and China, the expats in America (and West in general) bring home more trade, business and expertise.

Since this is a Pakistani board, so let me contrast our beautiful country to India and China.

1. We have terrible reputation with European travelers. Our Islamist mindset makes us lose our traditional hospitality. We though rich Arabs will replace European travelers. We were wrong. Rich Arabs spend money in the same places where Europeans do. So once we lost European tourists, Arab tourists were gone too.

2. Our "Islamist" traders thought they don't need American markets, we'll export to Arabs. Guess what Arabs buy from the same countries from where Western get their products.

3. We can't figure out the future direction of Pakistan (in this world), because for us Islam-first, ethnicity-second, and Pakistan-third.

4. Pakistani expats settled in UK and US bring home terror instead of trade.

Thus we will remain marooned with poverty and death and destruction for some time to come, unless off course we learn from Chinese and behave like Chinese.

peace

for boded part> ???????????????????

The rise of China is the best thing that has happened to India because the Western xenophobic radar is fixed on China right now. India is rising by stealth while the West makes China the scapegoat for their own economic mess. But Indians should not get too complacent; the tide can turn in a minute and India can replace China as the punching bag for inept Western politicians.

Smart Indians know that all this malarkey about 'democracy', 'shared values' etc. is highly purified bull.

i have said the same thing

add to that enormous size of China, its huge GDP and concentration of its Economic Hubs and Population Centers in its eastern part.

2 years ago,China and India rising would have fitted well,but now India has lost the momentum.

Yes that's true, and all because of the messed up situation of the west, Could they have done this economic collapse artificially is the question, BRIC was growing rapidly and was going out of their control. This is just a conspiracy theory but then it's quite feasible that they f**** up their economy to slow us down.

India has slowed so as China, Brazil and Russia, China inadvertently has fallen in dispute with its neighbors, it would be a miracle if China and India and to an extent Russia bandied together setting aside their individual goals and concentrate on building up Asia to its real potential.

Even China lost its momentum and will need time to recover. No need to pessimistic.

Back
Top Bottom