What's new

The real solution to the Afghanistan problem

In my assessment it doesn't matter what personal dislike they have of us, they can have personal racism, etc, but what matters is political goals.

-Accepting the international boundary
-Not allowing their land to be used as a base for anti-Pakistan activity
-Maintain neutrality towards us at the least even if not wanting to be friends
-Bonus: have the same enemy in the Afghanistan context which are the Afghans so they can tackle them and save us time and resources.

I've spoken to some Taajiks, their leaders come and go, some get labelled as traitors, they just need someone to unite them together as one, as Taajiks. To point out their real enemies who are responsible for their persecution and colonisation of their lands. Pakistan is truly not their enemy.

A fierce leader to unite them and wake them up, will get rid of their hate. Their hate is circumstantial and a forced narrative that isn't based on reality.

To me this seems like a natural alliance. The hate against Pakistan in Taajiks was politically engineered through others, so they collectively followed the narrative.

The enemy of my enemy...

I agree with you. I agree that the hateful narrative came from elsewhere, but it is really thoroughly ingrained. I met an Afghan girl completing her master's degree at MIT. Over some biryani in Boston, I asked her who she felt was the right leader for Afghanistan. Answer: "Amrullah Saleh." Biggest problem for Afghanistan: "Pakistan."

It'll take time, but reversing this is doable. Pakistan did host a number of Tajik and other leaders in Islamabad, I believe, and I was told that this was essentially to send a message to the Afghan Taliban. Contacts should always remain open.

A solid uprising in the north would keep these extremists busy internally, and they'd likely not want to get sandwiched between two hostile actors, encouraging to make peace with us and destroy TTP in the process.

The enemy of my enemy...

I agree with you. I agree that the hateful narrative came from elsewhere, but it is really thoroughly ingrained. I met an Afghan girl completing her master's degree at MIT. Over some biryani in Boston, I asked her who she felt was the right leader for Afghanistan. Answer: "Amrullah Saleh." Biggest problem for Afghanistan: "Pakistan."

It'll take time, but reversing this is doable. Pakistan did host a number of Tajik and other leaders in Islamabad, I believe, and I was told that this was essentially to send a message to the Afghan Taliban. Contacts should always remain open.

A solid uprising in the north would keep these extremists busy internally, and they'd likely not want to get sandwiched between two hostile actors, encouraging to make peace with us and destroy TTP in the process.
Agreed, in the present it is quite deeply ingrained, but I also believe one strong leader who they all support can destroy that narrative and build an alliance by making reality and facts known to them. He needs to be respected, perhaps by recapturing territory from the Taliban they'll accept him as their leader. Right now they are more under an illusion of sorts that isn't reality.

This is not possible with Afghans, they themselves are the problem and know this, all are collectively hellbent on their ways and any leader that doesn't make Pakistan an enemy would not survive.

This will be a bitter pill to swallow but our own security agencies and political elite profit from the illicit trade.

Afghanistan is the problem but we Pakistanis are also knee deep in it.

I won’t delve too deep into the issues, but the solutions are straightforward.

1. Stop the scam called Afghanistan Transit Trade. All good destined to Afghanistan need to be charged duty in Pakistan ports.

2. The fence was the best thing to happen. But there needs to be additional resources to monitor. Local enforcement capacity should be enhanced. This is a long and arduous process.

3. Return all the Afghans. Straight forward.

4. Sort out the politics, mafia who’re feeding off this illicit trade that’s eating Pakistan from the inside.

5. Stop this holier than Pope mentality that all muslims bhai bhai. Be brutal and guard your borders jealously. Try working without a visa in Iran, Turkey or Saudi and you’ll know what I am talking about.

6. Stop the narrative of extremism. Call spade a spade. If it quacks, walks like a duck, then it’s a duck. TTP are a bunch of terrorists. What are their Taliban brother in arms? Not terrorists? Freedom fighters? Get your own narrative clear. I am not saying go gung ho, but your long term strategy needs to be clear and that includes preparing the public of the imminent threat.

May be if we had not meddled in Afghanistan in past 20 years.
Instead focused on our economy first and then made Investments in Afghanistan. Promoted Trade. Export
Cement , Wheat and Textile etc to the growing economy and imported Fruits Rugs and Spices from Afghanistan.
May be if we had not double crossed US in Afghanistan and worked with what we had.
May be if a large section of a stable afghanistan was economically dependent on us, gradually favorable opinnion would have started to grow in their society.
What we could have done in a two way win win situation was

1-Build Dedicated Dry ports for Afghanistan on Pak Afghan Border

2-Special Access for Afghan goods to our ports

3-Special Visa Category for Afghan Businessmen for Pakistan

4-Currency swap agreement with Afghanistan in coordination with US

5-May be help with Chinese investment in Afghanistan if possible

6-Special Industrial Zones in KP and FATA(At that time) targeted toward Afghanistan and central Asia.

But we never gave them a chance. Thats true.

There is no solution to problems of Afghanistan Viz a Viz Pakistan as there is no Solution for any problem of Pakistan. And the reason is we always Ask wrong question, We Play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

And Goodluck to Taliban cheerleaders.

Remote controlled motion activated machine guns with 50K ammo belts every 500m, and MLRS battery every 50KM with warheads capable of laying waste to 1KM radius of a point of interest that can be lit on radar by a loitering drone. A group of 100 men storming these positions you say? Perfect candidate for a thermobaric munition deployed from said drone.

All streamed live on Twitch / Youtube or whatever furry pron channels those talis watch.

Sterilize them and they will peacefully be gone a few generations...
Brotha thinking exactly like me but I didn't want to say it

I was also going to suggest some sort of biological warfare to just disease them off and no one will care for some third world disease killing people

Brotha thinking exactly like me but I didn't want to say it

I was also going to suggest some sort of biological warfare to just disease them off and no one will care for some third world disease killing people
It was more of an Attack on Titan idea actually :P

Not possible. Meddling in Afghanistan was a matter of survival.

And you can focus on economy while simultaneously doing many other things, focus should always be on economy regardless. But totally agree, Pakistan always never does things in an efficient manner, always half-hearted attempts that miss parts out, it should've been a multi-pronged issue working on all those things you mentioned too. Things could've been much better managed, especially Pakistan's PR.

This is what I love about the Chinese, they are very meticulous, they pay attention to every single minor detail and address everything, no room for errors. Pakistan does lazy patch jobs.

Not possible. Meddling in Afghanistan was a matter of survival.

And you can focus on economy while simultaneously doing many other things, focus should always be on economy regardless. But totally agree, Pakistan always never does things in an efficient manner, always half-hearted attempts that miss parts out, it should've been a multi-pronged issue working on all those things you mentioned too. Things could've been much better managed, especially Pakistan's PR.

This is what I love about the Chinese, they are very meticulous, they pay attention to every single minor detail and address everything, no room for errors. Pakistan does lazy patch jobs.
Shouldn't Uzbeks,Tajiks,Iranians and Pakistan take parts of Afghanistan? Although,I think the best solution for Pakistan is to completely seal off the borders and stop any dealings with Afghanistan. Noone comes in,noone goes out.

Shouldn't Uzbeks,Tajiks,Iranians and Pakistan take parts of Afghanistan? Although,I think the best solution for Pakistan is to completely seal off the borders and stop any dealings with Afghanistan. Noone comes in,noone goes out.
I want to seal the border with maximum surveillance and control, anyone that opposes this gets crushed.

And also establish an independent Khorosan for the Tajiks and others as a federal state, their concerns of ethnic cleansing are genuine and I do feel for them. They can also be useful in tackling terrorism emanating from the smaller Afghanistan region.

The Tajiks and others are progressive intelligent people, with rich culture, history. I believe they wouldn't engage in terrorism and would thrive peacefully, it would be especially beneficial for China, and can isolate the terror regions to prevent it from leaking out.

I want to seal the border with maximum surveillance and control, anyone that opposes this gets crushed.

And also establish an independent Khorosan for the Tajiks and others as a federal state, their concerns of ethnic cleansing are genuine and I do feel for them. They can also be useful in tackling terrorism emanating from the smaller Afghanistan region.

The Tajiks and others are progressive people, with rich culture and intelligence, I believe they wouldn't engage in terrorism and would thrive peacefully, it would be especially beneficial for China, and can isolate the terror regions to prevent it from leaking out.
Uzbekistan and Tajikistan could annex their areas respectively ;)

Instead focused on our economy first and then made Investments in Afghanistan. Promoted Trade. Export
Cement , Wheat and Textile etc to the growing economy and imported Fruits Rugs and Spices from Afghanistan.
May be if we had not double crossed US in Afghanistan and worked with what we had.
May be if a large section of a stable afghanistan was economically dependent on us, gradually favorable opinnion would have started to grow in their society.
What we could have done in a two way win win situation was

1-Build Dedicated Dry ports for Afghanistan on Pak Afghan Border

2-Special Access for Afghan goods to our ports

3-Special Visa Category for Afghan Businessmen for Pakistan

4-Currency swap agreement with Afghanistan in coordination with US

5-May be help with Chinese investment in Afghanistan if possible

6-Special Industrial Zones in KP and FATA(At that time) targeted toward Afghanistan and central Asia.

But we never gave them a chance. Thats true.

There is no solution to problems of Afghanistan Viz a Viz Pakistan as there is no Solution for any problem of Pakistan. And the reason is we always Ask wrong question, We Play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

And Goodluck to Taliban cheerleaders.
So what you are suggesting it for Pakistan to spend precious resources on Afghanistan. Fairy tales like these don't even good look on paper.
Didn't USSR, America do the same? What was the result?
What happened to Afghanistan's own leaders who tried to modernize it?

While Pakistan cannot find a solution to any of Afghanistan's problems but must learn to deal with the fact that this is a perpetually violent society that doesn't move on with time. Development or any kind of help doesn't make any difference for them.

Back
Top Bottom