What's new

The problem with Pakistani liberals

our problem is the religious extremists on one side and secular extremists on the other side. and to recognize them all you need to do is read their hate-filled language for each other frustrated in their attempts towards seeing their type of pakistan. while the real liberals (who include both religious and secular) care about only a decent lively hood free from any favouritism and social/economic injustices.

we in pakistan dont even know wat the word 'liberal' even means.

please @muse and u please kindly define me what religius extermists is? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed.. the Germans flattened guernica.. but even then.. the usage of that weapon.. the Bomber.. or say a cluster weapon depends upon the employment of it.. and how much destruction it causes. In that way its true all weapons are inhumane.. but for a nuke.. its inhumane in more than one way(and perhaps it shares this with other WMDs) that even after its killed its intended target.. it keeps on killing.. a perpetual slaughter not just of humans.. but of the planet.

Chemical and biological WMDs are no less inhumane compared to nuclear weapons according to your criteria, too.

tell me where the rejection sets in: On one side are people who will blow you and your away for simply disagreeing with them and reject the notion that we vote for those who represent us, on the other "extreme" are people who "think" everybody should have the right to vote eir representatives and their conscience

Please help me understand how these two are morally equal and if they are not morally equal, how then can we reject them both?

Firstly, please note that I merely attempted to articulate my understanding of what Pak Nationalist was trying to say. I may be wrong, but please do not assume that is what concur with. Secondly, why don't we wait for him/her to clarify what he was attempting to say earlier.

I would encourage you to express yourself with a minimum of five full sentences, in this way you can articulate your ideas fully and help people such as me not think that you do not know what you are talking about, After all. Dr. Hoodbhoy is nuclear physicist and takes many positions in the public, and I am familiar with his positions with regard to research in Pakistan, on the issues surrounding the morality of nuclear weapons, and of course his position with regard to intolerance and religiously inspired extremism in society - now which of these would you suggest is "distorted Western agenda" -- and also please do help me understand what an undistorted Western agenda is.

Sure..... an extreme liberal is the person who tries to "force" his "western liberal views" on his society and to whom the grass root issues are unknown ...... inshort he has an inferiority complex .... self pity in short...

"Ausko dur k dhol suhanay lagtay haien"

In the Quran, word "Deen" is used to describe as different meanings e.g. Religion, law of the land, reward etc. which is obviously taken from the Arabic vocabulary.
posting some ayat for you
"There is no persecution in the religion."

"Surely, the religion in front of Allah is Islam."

And the word "Mazhab" is not used in the Quran. In general sense, it is used as a synonym of "Deen" which means "religion". In Fiqh, it is used to describe the sense of "Point of View" in a disputed manner.

I believe the confusion here is not in understanding of concept.. rather in the translation and meanings of english vs arabic.

There goes the neighborhood

Another potentially good discussion derailed. How sadly typical. Adios.

mighty_mouse.jpg

And a non biggoted,islamophobic,anti Pakistani.... indian is a myth.

Really to my bloody charign you cannot accuse my nation to even being anti Pakistani. At time of common wealth games the stupid Delhites were cheering for Pakistani squad.:hitwall:
In sign of goodwill, India cheers wildly for Pakistan at Commonwealth Games - CSMonitor.com

It was Yankee who came up with term of Islamic Terrorisim, It was the West in whose common culture Muslims became synonyms with terrorists. And you accuse India where number of muslim has nearly doubled since partition as islamophobic.

Sure..... an extreme liberal is the person who tries to "force" his "western liberal views" on his society and to whom the grass root issues are unknown ...... inshort he has an inferiority complex .... self pity in short...

To be fair, you can say the same thing about the right wing extremists too, in that they also try to force their ideas about religion and morality on a society-wide basis, to the exclusion of all dissenting and alternate points of view.

It must be the role of government not to take sides and to protect expression and practice of all types of views without any one segment, left or right, trying to force their views upon all others who disagree with them.

I Hate those Liberals (Thay allow our enemies to do comments on us)
Pakistan Pindabad
Pakistan zindabad

You seem to have a thin skin but why should that be cause to hate someone else? - As I look at and read your post, I'm struck that you not make your problem someone else s fault, but manage to include "Hate" and "Enemies" in one really frugal sentence, perhaps a reflection of the idea being expressed? .

http://www.defence.pk/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3981492

How does Dr. Hoodbouy and other extremist Liberal Pakistanis Force their Western views on others? Do they bomb , do they issue fatwa against co-religionists, do they massacres innocents? How do they force their views on others?

Actually these Pakistani libz support militant groups and accept foreign aid.

In fact it's the libs that sell out even the jahil mullah to a foreign country's brand of Islam.

Controlling the mullah problem is really easy. Put them on watch lists and cut off money coming from other Co untries.

It's the same whiskey swirling libs that give lap dances at the white house that we have to be careful of.

The politicians and ngo's come to destroy our country from outside.

How does Dr. Hoodbouy and other extremist Liberal Pakistanis Force their Western views on others? Do they bomb , do they issue fatwa against co-religionists, do they massacres innocents? How do they force their views on others?

Self pitty is worse than being a bloody brainwashed terrorist....... u libos and mullos are both bad for this country.

Back
Top Bottom