What's new

The Pilot Factor

Status
Not open for further replies.
It uses the smaller version of KLJ-10....Used on J-10A.... KLJ-7...With the reported detection range of 150KM.... Further blocks will use AESA... I wonder if the earlier mig 29s used KLJ-10.

mig-21 jamming F-15,F-16s...:rofl:
SD-10A vs R-77.. Nough said man!

Do understand any thing abut radars ??.... Is it only about detection ranges quoted by manufacturers ??
I wish If it were that simple but its not... so better don't give your brain the extra duty for which its not accustomed to... and read Janes to get a basic picture.

KLJ-7/10 Fire Control Radar (FCR) (China) - Jane's Avionics

I wonder If you ever read the earlier posts... about Mig 21bis Jamming F-15C... or I should say better consult the video posted by a fellow poster from your side where a USAF Colonel talks about the same... in a muted tone.

As per R-77 this would go over your head so don't bother much.

Do understand any thing abut radars ??.... Is it only about detection ranges quoted by manufacturers
I wish If it were that simple but its not... so better don't give your brain the extra duty for which its not accustomed to... and read Janes to get a basic picture.

KLJ-7/10 Fire Control Radar (FCR) (China) - Jane's Avionics

Leave my brain man.. looks like you with your high iq of 0.1(lol) cant even read stuff you posted:
the J-7 is reportedly similar in basic design to Phazotron N010 Zhuk family of radars; both Phazotron NIIR and rival radar house NIIP have worked closely in the past with Chinese radar design bureaux and provided technical assistance as well as operational models of Russia-made radar sets that were used as benchmarks in the process of Chinese firms developing their own designs. Nanjing have also reportedly drawn on the Galileo Avionica/Finmeccanica Grifo and the Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) Elta-2032 in developing their own radar designs. While the basic configuration of the J-7 may be similar to that of the Zhuk family

I wonder If you ever read the earlier posts... about Mig 21bis Jamming F-15C... or I should say better consult the video posted by a fellow poster from your side where a USAF Colonel talks about the same... in a muted tone.

Care to explain ?

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...rqH0CA&usg=AFQjCNEUlw20oAmGPOSIAXtd1F0H-1w4hw

A mig jamming F-16,F-15s is the biggest joke ive heard in this thread.
As per R-77 this would go over your head so don't bother much.

According to PAF,PLA SD-10A is almost equal to AIM-120C.

Leave my brain man.. looks like you with your high iq of 0.1(lol) cant even read stuff you posted:

Care to explain ?

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...rqH0CA&usg=AFQjCNEUlw20oAmGPOSIAXtd1F0H-1w4hw

A mig jamming F-16,F-15s is the biggest joke ive heard in this thread.

According to PAF,PLA SD-10A is almost equal to AIM-120C.

Don't need to bother about My IQ.... even after this It wouldn't take a brainier to understand the point.

mig21bison-2771-01.jpg

If you could see the ECM on the left wing tip... It the Elta L-8222 look for its features yourself.

Now they come to Mountain Home, and the Su-30 unit that they bring was a regular operational unit – with an experience mix of about 50-50 (experienced vs inexperienced). Their experienced guys had all come off the MiG-21 Bison.. The MiG-21 bison is a pretty neat airplane. It is based on the MiG-21 as many of you guys know from the Vietnam (War) era, but upgraded with an F-16 radar built by the Israelis in the nose, active radar missile, and they carry an Israeli jammer on it would practically make them invisible to our legacy radar in the F-15 and F-16.

Remember days in 4477th (4477 Test and Evaluation Squadron)... MiG-21 had the capability to get into the scissors with you, 110 knots, 60 degrees nose high, go from 10,000 feet to 20,000 feet, very manoeuvrable airplane, but it didn't have any good weapons. Now it has high off bore sight Archer missile, helmet mounted sight, active missile, and a jammer that gets it into the merge, good radar, so that's the plane the SU-30 experienced pilots came out of and they were pretty good in the engaged fight.

PLA says Type 99 is the best tank in the world, QBZ-95 is the best assault rifle, J-10 is the bet combat planes and so... on.
Wonder If PLA ever makes any thing which is not the best....

R-77M has similar performance to that which Aim 120D offers... soon an extended range R-77-M-PD version would on our planes with ramjet propulsion and far superior performance to that of Aim 120D... Much like that Meteor would offer again joining our AF soon.

Don't need to bother about My IQ.... even after this It wouldn't take a brainier to understand the point.

mig21bison-2771-01.jpg

If you could see the ECM on the left wing tip... It the Elta L-8222 look for its features yourself.

And who made these comments abt them jamming F-16s,F-15s theoretical?

but upgraded with an F-16 radar built by the Israelis in the nose,

??? Mig-21 has israeli built APG-68(V)???
Isnt it a kopyo somethin?

PLA says Type 99 is the best tank in the world, QBZ-95 is the best assault rifle, J-10 is the bet combat planes and so... on.
Wonder If PLA ever makes any thing which is not the best....

PAF has AIM-120C so its they know better dnt you think?

R-77M has similar performance to that which Aim 120D offers... soon an extended range R-77-M-PD version would on our planes with ramjet propulsion and far superior performance to that of Aim 120D... Much like that Meteor would offer again joining our AF soon.

R-77M OR R-77-M-PD is the same thing.. it is a cancelled program... :lol:

And who made these comments abt them jamming F-16s,F-15s theoretical?

??? Mig-21 has israeli built APG-68(V)???
Isnt it a kopyo somethin?

PAF has AIM-120C so its they know better dnt you think?

R-77M OR R-77-M-PD is the same thing.. it is a cancelled program... :lol:

A USAF Colonel.. go to the original post.
He was wrong with the Israeli radar thing...

R-77M is an improved version of the basic R-77 with double seeker and home on jam capability... PD sands for improved range and No its not cancelled... Would soon enter service and would be the primary AAM of PAF FA/FG FA.

A USAF Colonel.. go to the original post.
He was wrong with the Israeli radar thing...

R-77M is an improved version of the basic R-77 with double seeker and home on jam capability... PD sands for improved range and No its not cancelled... Would soon enter service and would be the primary AAM of PAF FA/FG FA.

Lol the colonel thinks tht mig-21 with bison upgrade can jam f-16s,f-15s(americas work horses) and has an APG-68(V) radar..:laugh:

According to Janes R-77M is cancelled:
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...ucjrCA&usg=AFQjCNGN99qxl015BN04G5GH_OK6ue7l-w

Lol the colonel thinks tht mig-21 with bison upgrade can jam f-16s,f-15s(americas work horses) and has an APG-68(V) radar..:laugh:

According to Janes R-77M is cancelled:
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...ucjrCA&usg=AFQjCNGN99qxl015BN04G5GH_OK6ue7l-w

I think the USAF should know better about their F-16s and F-15s which are a league apart from the downgraded ones they sell to 3rd countries like Pakistan.... who lol about it.

Thats an old article I guess... many Soviet projects that got cancelled earlier are being reworked upon for that matter... like K-172 Novator... according to sources the PD version hass been tested on Su35BM and would possibly find its way on the upgraded 42 Super MKIs.

I think the USAF should know better about their F-16s and F-15s which are a league apart from the downgraded ones they sell to 3rd countries like Pakistan.... who lol about it.

I still LOL @ you for calling PAF F-16blk 52+ as a downgraded version.......as for the theory... i again LOLED.

Thats an old article I guess... many Soviet projects that got cancelled earlier are being reworked upon for that matter... like K-172 Novator... according to sources the PD version hass been tested on Su35BM and would possibly find its way on the upgraded 42 Super MKIs.

LOL.... Facts please.. no rumours or probably wills an will nots...

And the article is frm dec 2010.. hardly 1 year old.. yet no other sources confirm your rumour except indian forums.

I still LOL @ you for calling PAF F-16blk 52+ as a downgraded version.......as for the theory... i again LOLED.

LOL.... Facts please.. no rumours or probably wills an will nots...

USAF never allows the equipment from its defense Industries to be supplied in the same form which it operates... they always degrade them in order to maintain the best quality for themselves.
Block 52 or 15... the F-16 hold very narrow chance against IAF fighters with those SAP, Elta and Mayavi Jammers and ECMs in a BVR engement.. and thats know to whom it matters.

You can look for the journal released on PAK FA.... out of 30 main upgrades for Super MKI it also states an improved set of weapons for which the R-77-M-PD is a very likely candidate... Talk of wills and nots... PAF at the current stage isn't even capable of dealing with IAF minus150 MKI... which are the best planes in the forces and contribute upto 8 squadrons as of now.

60 odd Mig 29(upgraded), M2K-05 along with bisons are capable enough.

USAF never allows the equipment from its defense Industries to be supplied in the same form which it operates... they always degrade them in order to maintain the best quality for themselves.

Can you elaborate? do you mean radars?engine?avionices?
Block 52 or 15... the F-16 hold very narrow chance against IAF fighters with those SAP, Elta and Mayavi Jammers and ECMs in a BVR engement.. and thats know to whom it matters.

You can look for the journal released on PAK FA.... out of 30 main upgrades for Super MKI it also states an improved set of weapons for which the R-77-M-PD is a very likely candidate... Talk of wills and nots... PAF at the current stage isn't even capable of dealing with IAF minus150 MKI... which are the best planes in the forces and contribute upto 8 squadrons as of now.

60 odd Mig 29(upgraded), M2K-05 along with bisons are capable enough.

Holy Jesus another su-30mki GODS GIFT TO AVIATION vs poor f-16 thread... the matter of the fact is tht your unable to produce facts and now again your diverting the topic with you cheap troll tactics.... R-77M is a dead deal... believe it or not its your issue.. i provided you a world reputed source... n you diverted the topic...

Can you elaborate? do you mean radars?engine?avionices?

Holy Jesus another su-30mki GODS GIFT TO AVIATION vs poor f-16 thread... the matter of the fact is tht your unable to produce facts and now again your diverting the topic with you cheap troll tactics.... R-77M is a dead deal... believe it or not its your issue.. i provided you a world reputed source... n you diverted the topic...

Yes and the whole plane itself is not on par with the ones USAF operates.

R-77M already in service.... PD has been tested and it is being worked upon to integrate it with various radars and test it again.... as I told the article seems to be old... and PD would soon find its way in India.

Getting back to topic,

>How is the author of the article familiar with IAF's Pilot training.

>Another point mentioned about the the article is of average age of IAF pilots. Is there any data published which shows physical the advantage of having a 33 year old pilot instead of a more experienced 37-38 yr old pilot in the cockpit, the younger age benefit is drawn out of assumption and not on any reliable experimental data I believe.

About the technological gap between IAF and PAF, traditionally till the 90's which IAF tried countering with numerical superiority.

PAF did enjoy a significant technological gap, I believe that gap has been now reversed by IAF with newer acquisations and will be widened further hopefully in future. The future projections of numbers will still maintain the numerical superiorty of the IAF along with better and technologically superior Aircrafts.

How will that affect the PAF, Is pilot training, along with future PAF acquisitions like J10B, Jf17blk++, and speculated future chinese smaller stealth a/c capable of handling LCAmkII, MMRCA, super MKI, and the PAKFA and existing m29upg'ss and M2kUP.

Also would some one please shed light on the maritime air power of both the countries.

But is good enough for the IAF

Depends on ho you see to it... yes good in a way that they can be dealt with... bad in a way that you have to deal with it.
Even on top of this F-16block52 is the best combat plane which PAF would have for 10years at least.

Yes and the whole plane itself is not on par with the ones USAF operates.

AF F-16s are superior to USAF F-16s infacts the goodies n gadgets it has are only matched by israeli Sufas...

For eg:JHMS,SNIPER POD,JDAMS,AIM-120C,CFTs,APG-68(V) etc etc

R-77M already in service.... PD has been tested and it is being worked upon to integrate it with various radars and test it again.... as I told the article seems to be old... and PD would soon find its way in India.

R-77M and R-77M-PD is the SAME THING... AND ITS NOT IN SERVICE .. THE ARTICLE IS FRM LAST DECEMBER.. IF YOU HAVE SOME SECRET SOURCE POST THE LINK!
Depends on ho you see to it... yes good in a way that they can be dealt with... bad in a way that you have to deal with it.
Even on top of this F-16block52 is the best combat plane which PAF would have for 10years at least.

Another ignorant statment... Ever heard of J-10B OR FC20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom