What's new

The peculiar case of "THANKS"

GUNS-N- ROSES

Reaction score
ever since i joined PDF some 5 months back i have met all kinds of members. however they can basically be divided in to three broad caregories:

1. LONG FORGOTTEN TO GIVE THANX: these members have long forgotten to give thanx. they will say thank u in writing but will really really hesistate in pressing that "thanx" button. their "thanx" count has stopped long back and is unlikely to grow. one example is a senior member from sri lanka who has thousands of posts to his credit but if u look at his "thanx given" button, it will indicate only 25 counts.

These members treat "thanx" as a GOLD ITEM ehich is seldom spent or used.

2. WILL GIVE THANX JUDICIOUSLY: Most members belong to this community. They will see the quality of post or reply before pressing the thanx button. They will also press thanx button if some one is supporting them (may be from same country or different) even if the post/reply isnt really good.

3. WILL THANK EVERY ONE: Members of this community are endangered species. once in a while some will come up and and press thanx button for everyone. but i belive the species is totally extinct now.

one more thing, i noticed was how political equations affected "thanx" button. pakistanis will always than chinese and vice versa. indians and chinese members seldom press thanx button on respective posts.

jus my thoughts.

P.S. pls dont press thanx button for this post. lol.

well said Gun-N-Roses

OK I don't press thanks button on your post. Peoples are free to hit thanks button on my post instead :rofl:

kidding...

Well said bro - you indeed spare some time thinking about all these facts

Well written Guns-n-Roses I have been thinking in the same lines as well. I second your thoughts and "thanks" for the valuable post. But since you instructed me not to use the thanks button I will respect your wish :lol:

BTW I really like your signature... made my day!

I am a spend thrift.. thanks button doesnt cost anything.. so i keep giving to those who makes me smile with their posts..

See the number of posts i made and the number of Thanks i gave to others,:angel:

Well written Guns-n-Roses I have been thinking in the same lines as well. I second your thoughts and "thanks" for the valuable post. But since you instructed me not to use the thanks button I will respect your wish :lol:

BTW I really like your signature... made my day!

lol, well my signature is a lift off from a famous quote of NDA. " IF DEATH COMES TO ME BEFORE I CAN SERVE MY COUNTRY, I PROMISE I WILL EVADE DEATH".

is their anyway to reduce my thanks

i want a ratio of 1 over 100 btween my thanks and thanked

another case is when i post something from a news agency - say copy paste,

its bonded to get one thanks , way more than the post which is well though and well replied.

is it that : a copy paste is way better option than a well replied post.

i seen member with post which are unrelated to thread getting more thanks than their worthwhile posts.

Make me thank resistant, if nobody can thank me.

Thnx for starting this thread.
2. WILL GIVE THANX JUDICIOUSLY: Most members belong to this community. They will see the quality of post or reply before pressing the thanx button. They will also press thanx button if some one is supporting them (may be from same country or different) even if the post/reply isnt really good.
I belong to this one. I say thnx whenever something is written which I feel I ain't capable of. Also I say thnx not only to answers but also to any sane question being put forward. See genious also comes out with incredible questions...

Though I really feel sorry for those members who got a huge ego as is mentioned.\
These members treat "thanx" as a GOLD ITEM ehich is seldom spent or used.

Back
Top Bottom