What's new

The Pashtuns of Afghanistan : Alexander the Great also got in trouble here

Status
Not open for further replies.
U mean hill rats high on drugs and their own interpretation of Islam?i second that..

You are discrediting bravery of pak fauj by calling talibans merely rats...if talibans are drug taking rats, then pak army is doing nothing special against them, you are not called brave and courageous by killing rats

Mughal khel yousafzais live in ghoriwala of your bannu..but in the same village awans also live...you are definately an awan

awan in gheriwol

lewanay kho na ye?

awan in majority are in inkeeye kala and in kamm bazar as well but not in majority..the only time i had been to gheriwalo was during a wedding.anyway i am not sure about this

you ever heard about darasha kala in surrani?

No,iwas on anbout his perception of pushtoon.
From what he writes and how he presents Pushtoons...only this picture comes to mind

well if he indeed is a yousufzai than he's not a pashtun.

only the wannabe pashtuns act like him.

look he's even calling me not a pashtun..while i am ready to open challenge him..i will even pay his coach karaya if he could come to Bannu :P
(i am kinda not as farigh as him so cant go to his place) :D

The US forces are occupying this land from last 10 yeas wtf is trouble .. they came in at their will and leaving on the time and date they said they will -

Caveman-communication-in-the-workplace-.jpg

awan in gheriwol

lewanay kho na ye?

awan in majority are in inkeeye kala and in kamm bazar as well but not in majority..the only time i had been to gheriwalo was during a wedding.anyway i am not sure about this

you ever heard about darasha kala in surrani?

I have friend from surrani, a syed, dont know about darash kala. It was my friend from ghoriwala who told me about yousafzais and awans in his village. Awans speak pakhto and call themeselves pakhtuns.
Any way dont take my sarcasm too seriously. You were behaving like a jatt and awan so i got sarcastic with you. Tell me do you have any one in pak army from your family and relatives.

Lets hear what former CIA chief ,Milt Bearden, say about Pashtuns.

The Pashtuns of Afghanistan : Alexander the Great also got in trouble here

Milt Bearden was CIA chief in Pakistan from 1986 until the Soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan in 1989. He is the co-author with James Risen of "The Main Enemy: The Inside Story of the CIA's Final Showdown with the KGB."

The Pashtuns of Afghanistan - Alexander the Great also got in trouble here - NYTimes.com

I've read this article before. almost 10 years old and written by a CIA chief, not exactly comparable to a historian or anthropological geneticist. in no way undermining their history ano domine, but you need to come to terms with the fact that pashtuns were an easterly branch of the ancient Iranid tribes, spread up to the eastern most parts of Khorasan. they migrated to Khyber region later on, though pinpointing the exact date is difficult. consensus in academia would fall somewhere in the vicinity of mid-1st millenium B.C. to as far as 3rd cent. AD. or later.

It is difficult mostly because pashtuns have not written about their origins, just like Vedic people never wrote about theirs (empirically at least). but the notion by some pashtuns that theyve been in this land for thousands of years before christ or some variant are on one side, whereas ethno-linguistics and empirical genetic markers tell a completely different story. a perhaps deliberate oversight is the ambiguity in saying 'their lands'. Of ancient times (i.e. khorasan region), yes they remain natives, but present day (khyber and plains south-east of it) were migrated to and already inhabited for centuries if not millenia.

But its good to see you researching sources for the claims at least. a step in the right direction from just making wild and unbearably ludicrous assertions. now you just need to refine your research to higher standards of external validity and inferrability from relevant, peer-reviewed authors.

The US forces are occupying this land from last 10 yeas wtf is trouble .. they came in at their will and leaving on the time and date they said they will -

With tail between their legs, with war traumas and pyschological disturbances. Their mommies weep for them, they themeselves frequently wet themeselves whenever they leave their bases. They have sleep disorders and different kind of phobias.

I have friend from surrani, a syed, dont know about darash kala. It was my friend from ghoriwala who told me about yousafzais and awans in his village. Awans speak pakhto and call themeselves pakhtuns.
Any way dont take my sarcasm too seriously. You were behaving like a jatt and awan so i got sarcastic with you. Tell me do you have any one in pak army from your family and relatives.

one of my cousin had made it to army through kohat cadet college.he didnt had interest in army but after not getting into medical under etea.he applied for army and got selected.

though he left it in 2007-08.was at captain rank..none at the moment even in my far relatives.

i wanted to apply but was not allowed by dad

Lol lets see if ghairat of a tribal @Abu Zolfiqar awakens on seeing this photo or not......
The problem is he is a white collared faujified pathan, so is true for rest of pathans here...they belong to wealthy or upper middle class familites, wear patloons, live in islamabad or other big cities and consider it an insult to be associated with backward tribals...yes we have also kalay angraiz among pakhtuns.

He wont come..
wqsiyu.jpg

10fs6sp.jpg

Joking.

I have been to bannu hundred times. Even to razmak, miramashah and wana.
He is slow, he wont pick up the hint

Last edited by a moderator:
also, luffy you're a marwat if I'm not mistaken. yet you keep harping on about 'racial purity' of pashtuns, saying that this and that tribe are 'desified', punjabified, etc as if having a fusion of cultures is a bad thing. but its laughable because you're from DI Khan.

one of my cousin had made it to army through kohat cadet college.he didnt had interest in army but after not getting into medical under etea.he applied for army and got selected.

though he left it in 2007-08.was at captain rank..none at the moment even in my far relatives.

i wanted to apply but was not allowed by dad

I applied to kohat cadet college in 7th class, didnt pass it...the subjects in test were of 8th class. I couldnt afford the fee even if i had passed it. Continued my study in the governament school.

Lol lets see if ghairat of a tribal @Abu Zolfiqar awakens on seeing this photo or not......
The problem is he is a white collared faujified pathan, so is true for rest of pathans here...they belong to wealthy or upper middle class familites, wear patloons, live in islamabad or other big cities and consider it an insult to be associated with backward tribals...yes we have also kalay angraiz among pakhtuns.

I have been to bannu hundred times. Even to razmak, miramashah and wana.
He is slow, he wont pick up the hint
Not my fault.
Thd way you portray a 'real pushtoon' only this picture comes to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stereotypes? no they are facts.....and is it a crime to post about pashtuns on pakistani forum?.....kia pakistan ka matlab punjabistan?

Stereotypes? no they are facts.....and is it a crime to post about pashtuns on pakistani forum?.....kia pakistan ka matlab punjabistan?

Definition of stereotype
noun
1a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing:
the stereotype of the woman as the carer
sexual and racial stereotypes
a person or thing that conforms to a widely held but oversimplified image of the class or type to which they belong:

Definition of stereotype in Oxford Dictionaries (British & World English)

I think in a way it is stereotyping. Whether you agree or not.

also, luffy you're a marwat if I'm not mistaken. yet you keep harping on about 'racial purity' of pashtuns, saying that this and that tribe are 'desified', punjabified, etc as if having a fusion of cultures is a bad thing. but its laughable because you're from DI Khan.

I never talked about racial purity. You can be a full bloodied pakhtun but punjabized, behaviour-wise and mindset-wise...pashtun is state of mind, it is not merely a race...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom