What's new

The PAF is set to receive a batch of Egyptian Air Force Mirage-Vs

ALLAH kareen yehi ho . we are tired of these vintage mirages and i wish they will be grounded tonight . only thunders and falcons are enough and we have to stick on 5th gen program till then . PAF have became a kabari shop these days man .
I am a fan of Mirages so personally I would never get tired from seeing these beauties rolling down the runway and PAF got similar plans,if they are able to keep up with their plans or not that's another topic and a maybe major concern for them,Mirages will stay for a while.

I would doubt C-130s are bringing in complete airframes - something else came or went.
Could be related to Mirages or could be the Egyptians evacuating embassy equipment and staff to reduce footprint during COVID.
Sir Jee I made my statement weeks ago, though I was aware of it long time ago,I could be wrong if and only if the certain issue blocking the deal was solved somehow and this issue was mentioned yesterday by someone here in bold letters and is actually pretty obvious.

Last edited:
It will make it the 5th platform to manage alongside F-16s, JFTs, Mirages, F-7pg.

Isn't it just like the IAF who also operate far too many platforms?
If J-10 comes then it will be replacing mirages and as for F-7s they will be replaced by JF-17s and F-16s.

It will make it the 5th platform to manage alongside F-16s, JFTs, Mirages, F-7pg.

Isn't it just like the IAF who also operate far too many platforms?
F7pgs will go as soon as you get something else
Mirages will be phased out by 2030 too.
F7s are already retired

Pgs were rated for 20 years 2-3k hours. They are almost finished

Different generation of fighter pilots, being trained for a different type of warfare with applied basics from the past. The current crop may have newer instruments and weapons to deal with yet having to learn 30 years of experience in 8 months definitely would have them question the current role they're assigned to.

Very interesting, my father never flew Mirages, he was a Viper (still is abroad) and F-6 guy, but my cousin flew with Bandits most of his flying career on Mirages, he thoroughly loved his time on the deltas at Karachi.

F6 was my favorite aircraft.
Don't you think JH-7A would be a better replacement for the Mirages? Or is PAF looking for a multirole aircraft?

My boys have flown both. They like what a J10 or similar could offer.

i think J-10 twin seater with modified j-10 C technology will cut the bill for pakistan

In Bholari its Zaban-e-Zade-aam that J10Cs are coming.

Sir! Bholari is home to Falcons. How come US will digest J-10CEs with Chinese on the same base. Whether J-10Cs or any other Chinese platform; that's not going to park alongside US equipment unless the situation arises like Iranian tomcats.

Spare parts, money, engineering, pilots lives, training, weapons etc etc....the Mirage IIIs and Vs are here to stay for a long time in Pakistan.

Kfirs and Cheetahs addressed the weaknesses. Not to mention the Mirage IIIs operated by the Swiss AF
not really; they evolved further and are more towards 4G.

Back
Top Bottom