What's new

The PAF is set to receive a batch of Egyptian Air Force Mirage-Vs

But there were news that we were in talks about Mirage 2000s from Qatar and UAE, I mean Mirage 5 and 3 are very old aircrafts, how long will we continue with them?

Should had gone for Mirage 2000s
Not to forget our financial situation as well as that Mirage-2000 window was closed long ago. In fact, UAE upgraded them for their own use & even if we had gone for that class; would cost us more. I see that PAF decided to not to buy instead, invest more in JF-17 while obtain Mirage-Vs like these from Egypt to keep up our Mirage-Vs in the Air till last moment with load of spare in store without any worry.

This purchase does not reflect that we are buying a platform but rather, fulfilling our needs. Remember that Indian threat still exist and we can't underestimate hence, anything could come so before going empty, it is better to have some till we manage to replace ageing fleet with new birds... Be it JF-17 which needs time and till then, this will help. Shiny gadgets & latest weaponry can be bought only when we have deep pockets & defence budget like adversary and also, people pay Taxes.

It was satisfactory with Mirages in last retaliation hence, birds will be kept in order till date/time of retirement. We are not someone having the luxury to throw them away like this but have to plan in accordance to our need, resources & threat assessment.

At one end we are trying to retire Mirage V fleet, on the other we are getting used ones from the third party. Indeed, Facepalm. I guess PAF not yet integrated into its nuclear and naval strike role. PS, anything short of Mirage-2000 is a waste of resources on so many levels.
Look at this matter in this way. Economic situation is not good at present, and it is not cheap to replace every [old] aircraft in the inventory of PAF in a short span.

Secondly, we will have ample spare parts to keep Mirage V jets operational for various ends.

I perceive this as a contingency plan.

Once again the boys and girls club don't seem to get it , living in outer space array bhai its for spares till the damn things are around to fly. Second you have to have a replacement for them before you replace them also on a side note old they maybe old but yet upgraded still a very effective aircraft and PAF showed that in feb to india.

But there were news that we were in talks about Mirage 2000s from Qatar and UAE, I mean Mirage 5 and 3 are very old aircrafts, how long will we continue with them?
The Mirage 2000 rumors have been running since the early 2000s.

i disagree they are falling from sky like rocks . just check sir lately they have too many crashed .

Imran consider the circumstances as well. Having such number with cheap cost, will definitely help us to not just to maintain the fleet but also, adding more punch. Economic & support constraints can cause more falls as well as losses hence, it is better to arrange spares/numbers to fulfill our need till we have new Bird to takeover the role. Thunder needs more time & so our small pockets.

Back
Top Bottom