What's new

The number zero was invented in Ancient Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
British Indian borders were man made. In fact they had to conquer 600 territories to create their Indian empire. Your theory of a united India once again ignores the countless of languages, cultures and people that are in the subcontinent.

And how people living in those territories were different than each other? And why you're comparing the culture and languages of today's India and Pakistan with that of IVC? Makes no sense, does it? With all the differences indic languages have it has been proven without any doubt that all of the north-indic languages have a common source, which, yet again as the countless times I had to point it out, is totally different from that of Pashto and Kahsmir.

The "Iranic border" claim is also ignorant. There is less difference between a Pashtun and a Punjabi than there is between a Punjabi and a Tamil or Assamese. There are many culture and language borders in the subcontinent, but you are simply promoting one to justify your Ancient Indian nation. Not to mention you are promoting yet another migration theory for Pashtuns to claim their history.

Not sure why you keep adding the mass-migration theory to my arsenal when I have no wish to use it at all. Without and certain genetic marks of IVC people, and proofs of mass-migration and lack thereof, we have to stick to what we have in hand. That is the linguistic and cultural evidence. There's no cultural and linguistic resemblance of what was followed in IVC and Takshashila with Afghans. Period.

Not sure why you keep adding the mass-migration theory to my arsenal when I have no wish to use it at all. Without and certain genetic marks of IVC people, and proofs of mass-migration and lack thereof, we have to stick to what we have in hand. That is the linguistic and cultural evidence. There's no cultural and linguistic resemblance of what was followed in IVC and Takshashila with Afghans. Period.

How can you talk about cultural and linguistic resemblance when the IVC language has never been deciphered and little is known about their culture? Pāṇini of Gandhara defined classical Sanskrit as we know it, so what "linguistic resemblance" are you talking about?

The arrival of Islam no doubt affected the culture, but the people of the region have always remained the same.

How can you talk about cultural and linguistic resemblance when the IVC language has never been deciphered and little is known about their culture? Pāṇini of Gandhara defined classical Sanskrit as we know it, so what "linguistic resemblance" are you talking about?

The arrival of Islam no doubt affected the culture, but the people of the region have always remained the same.

Not only Panini of Gandhara defined classical Sanskrit but it has been proven that Vedic Sanskrit also originated from some part of North-West India/Pakistan. Now think about the time span between Rig Veda(2200-1600 BCE) and Classical Sanskrit( 600 BCE), that's almost 1000 years of history, also consider the fact that University of Takshashila was renowned for teaching Vedas. Afghans couldn't have just forgot about all that legacy one fine day and started speaking a language which has no relation with Sanskrit.

And now consider all north-Indic languages, all of them originated from a single source. It's either Sanskrit-Magadhi Prakrit-Bengali or Sanskrit-Sauraseni Prakrit-Hindi/Urdu/Punjabi, but nevertheless all of them trace back to single and exclusive root.

The Indians have a claim on that root, which the Iranic groups don't have. They have their part of history related to that geographical region as well, and nobody preventing them to claim the same.

Last edited:

Any credible links? or just your opinion?

Everybody has equal right..to claim..be it indian or pakistani, hindu, muslim, christian or atheist.
change of faith or partition of country is no reason to alienate anybody.

Not at all,it is not a matter of faith but to word it correctly the moment you follow a bookish religion,you lose all the claims.You dont have to be a conventional theistic hindu worshipping rama and krishna but you have to respect this land,culture,history and the self righteousness it gives you in your heart.

British Indian borders were man made. In fact they had to conquer 600 territories to create their Indian empire. Your theory of a united India once again ignores the countless of languages, cultures and people that are in the subcontinent.

The "Iranic border" claim is also ignorant. There is less difference between a Pashtun and a Punjabi than there is between a Punjabi and a Tamil or Assamese. There are many culture and language borders in the subcontinent, but you are simply promoting one to justify your Ancient Indian nation. Not to mention you are promoting yet another migration theory for Pashtuns to claim their history.

The cultural connection was always there man,thats what makes this nation called bharat/india.Even today it is our cultural connect that unites us,honestly speaking the government and the dominion and the republic are the weakest planks for our unity,the strongest comes from the integrated culture and language.

Brits have conquered many lands and redrawn many maps but the maps just disintegrated once they left but this one did not.Thats the point.

@jayron and hindustani..
thanks for the info.rajput were very brave and proud people so it's natural they want to retain their cast name.
imo we should leave it to them..let them retain their cast names which they are proud of..let them be happy..Not a big deal.

Thats bullshit.

If you want to keep your caste and its honour,then dont convert.Islam calls everyone equal and if you becoming muslim atleast respect that fact rather than starting another caste system.

This way you dont respect the muslim or the caste(jatt,gujjar,rajput whatever)

This thread was just about a number zero and now I dont know where it is going.

and Subramanian, you can comment on the culture and heritage but please dont comment on someone's religion if you dont know about it.

I dont know why you used this word because you have religious books too. .

this is a misconception, because this is what differentiates Muslims from Christians and Jews. We follow the teachings of our Prophet but we dont consider him our God. Our God is ALLAH and you call Him EESHWAR. .

We have religious books but there is no zabardasti to follow any of them to the line and the point.

The only rules,i have is what i make for myself.My self righteousness is my empowerment and i am my own god.I am responsible for my actions and my conscience is the witness for their justice.

fine,i agree with that difference between christians,jews and muslims.

Our god is not eashwar,eashwar or shiva is a metaphysical concept of destruction.Of how people have to die to be reborn again not in the literal sense but in a metaphysical sense.How to become something else,the present has to go or die.

Like i said again,aham brahmasmi(i am god).Thats the essence of hinduism and there are people who disagree with this too and they are also hindu and there are those who are east interested in all this and they are also hindu.

The one proof that Pakistan might have invented the number zero is their politicians love for it...ie there lack of achievements.

The one proof that Pakistan might have invented the number zero is their politicians love for it...ie there lack of achievements.

And indian politicians achievements have been less than zero, what is your point. :woot:

Thats bullshit.

If you want to keep your caste and its honour,then dont convert.Islam calls everyone equal and if you becoming muslim atleast respect that fact rather than starting another caste system.

This way you dont respect the muslim or the caste(jatt,gujjar,rajput whatever)

you cannot be so rigid. Any religion gets mixed with the local culture when adopted in that land. Like Islam in Indonesia, Buddhism in China, Christianity in India, Hinduism in Bali etc.
And frankly speaking, taking pride in one's caste is kind of cheap in my opinion.

I still stick to my main point, the modern indian state the successor of bharat has no connection to the Indus Valley or its civilization.

Attempts to call the IVC dravidian are a fallacy, IVC's language has not been discovered, but we do know that the people surrounding their great cities are there descendants.

As to Islam in Ancient Pakistan, this was achieved through a gradual process but peacefully, the shrines of the Great Sufi Humanists are still popular, because of the peoples gratitude for giving them access to the 1 God.

A Pakistani Jatt

I still stick to my main point, the modern indian state the successor of bharat has no connection to the Indus Valley or its civilization.

Attempts to call the IVC dravidian are a fallacy, IVC's language has not been discovered, but we do know that the people surrounding their great cities are there descendants.

As to Islam in Ancient Pakistan, this was achieved through a gradual process but peacefully, the shrines of the Great Sufi Humanists are still popular, because of the peoples gratitude for giving them access to the 1 God.

A Pakistani Jatt

You do know the Indus valley civilisation has parts both in modern day Pakistan and India? like states such as Gujarat so how can you say India or Bharat has no connection?

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

He means the people of the Indus, he does not mean bharat, which is modern indias successor. :victory:

Umm no hes talking about the Gupta's and he said India not Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom