What's new

The legend of Immortals of India

I I felt that current generation of educated Hindu are becoming secular and atheist as you see most of them eating meat, having gf/bfs and doing things which a practising conservative Hindu will never do.

Since when was Hinduism ever 'conservative' per se?
The splendid temples of Khajuraho ring a bell?

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

AFAIK according to Hindu sacred writings good Hindus ate cows,

Source?

I said " Conservative hindus" Not "conservative hinduism" :no:

Bal thakrey ring a bell? lol

I said " Conservative hindus" Not "conservative hinduism" :no:

Bal thakrey ring a bell? lol
Ok. Let me rephrase that. Since when were Hindus ever conservative? Hinduism is not a structured religion for one to adhere to it strictly to be called a conservative. Hence no such a thing as conservative Hindu. Now traditions are a different story, nothing to do with religion.

As far as Bal Tharackey is concerned, he's a politician, an idiot. He doesnt represent Hinduism or Hindus.

I would say most hindus are conservative. Which means they rarely change their religious views drastically. Also India is sexually repressed society, and quite conservative in that regard( Khajuraho or not).

Very few hindus eat beef and percentage with an insignificant number of them are atheist. But there is a range of diverse belief in hindus across India, and people reconcile their differences.

Bal Thakrey and Narendra Modi as you said are not religious leaders. They claim to represent hindus(politically) the same way kerala muslim league represents muslims.

PDF is a biased sample of Indians , it is not representative in any sense of the educated Indians.

I would say most hindus are conservative. Which means they rarely change their religious views drastically. Also India is sexually repressed society, and quite conservative in that regard( Khajuraho or not).

Very few hindus eat beef and percentage with an insignificant number of them are atheist. But there is a range of diverse belief in hindus across India, and people reconcile their differences.

Bal Thakrey and Narendra Modi as you said are not religious leaders. They claim to represent hindus(politically) the same way kerala muslim league represents muslims.

PDF is a biased sample of Indians , it is not representative in any sense of the educated Indians.

I think all Religions have conservative, moderate and liberal followers and Hinduism is not exception :)

. Now traditions are a different story, nothing to do with religion.

As far as Bal Tharackey is concerned, he's a politician, an idiot. He doesnt represent Hinduism or Hindus.

According to dictionary conservative is someone who favour traditional views and values and tending to oppose change.

He might be a politicians but these politicians have their followers as well

First of all i dont think any hindu scripture says a good hindu can eat cow...i have not read many hindu scriptures...but AFAIK cow is a deity in most school of thoughts......
I read some publication by a professor of Hinduism who stated that Hinduism is sadly currently distorted in peoples' minds, and he researched that Hindu scriptures do record bovine consumption. But I unfortunately don't have the reference.

all bullsh_t false theories..this is not a hindu spirtual form! Indian have a tendency to engage in this kind of activities regardless of the forum type and subject.

Actually the Great flood is mentioned in all religions

Flood myth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL every one copied from same sumerean fable. I wonder if something like this had happen sometime.

one thing make me to think
1. imagine 1 grain of wheat as 100 years,handful of grains is what human life started.
2. 1 bag will be the life of earth.

my question is, "is it not possible that a humanoid civilization would came before us?

all bullsh_t false theories..this is not a hindu spirtual form! Indian have a tendency to engage in this kind of activities regardless of the forum type and subject.
And I'm afraid you're tending here to engage in irrational and useless criticism. You do believe in the spirit?

LOL every one copied from same sumerean fable. I wonder if something like this had happen sometime. ...

Discounting the recording of history?

Were you alive then?

I know, al7amdulillah, that knowledge descends from God unto men through a human He chooses among us, and He tells us He killed off the people of the qauum of Nuu7 A.S. the profuse weeper.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Source?

errrm pardon me but do you consider the following to be 'splendid'

[figures on the temple in Khajuraho]

This looks like depiction of bestiality, this would not be considered 'splendid' by modern standards, could you elaborate on what this ritual is?

errrm pardon me but do you consider the following to be 'splendid'

[figures on the temple in Khajuraho]

This looks like depiction of bestiality, this would not be considered 'splendid' by modern standards, could you elaborate on what this ritual is?

haha- some body bring that gubbi back in this thread-

^ Can you be atheist and Hindu at the same time? I have seen most educated hindus are becoming atheists

I will answer the first part of your query (the bolded part). The second part, I'm not sure of its correctness, although I, myself, is an agnostic Hindu.

Yes. One can be an atheist & a Hindu at the same time. Hinduism, per-se, does not have a "unified system of belief encoded in declaration of faith or a creed", but is rather an umbrella term comprising the plurality of religious phenomena originating and based on the Vedic traditions. While referred to as a religion, Hinduism is more often defined as a religious tradition.

Astika atheism

The Sanskrit term Āstika ("pious, orthodox") refers to the systems of thought which admit the validity of the Vedas. Sanskrit asti means "there is", and Āstika (per Pāṇini 4.2.60) derives from the verb, meaning "one who says 'asti'".

Technically, in Hindu philosophy the term Āstika refers only to acceptance of authority of Vedas, not belief in the existence of God. However, though not accepted universally; Āstika is sometimes translated as "theist" and Nāstika as "atheist", assuming the rejection of Vedas to be synonymous to the rejection of God.

Nastika atheism

In Indian philosophy, three schools of thought are commonly referred to as nastika for rejecting the doctrine of Vedas: Jainism, Buddhism and Cārvāka. In this usage, nastika refers to the non-belief of Vedas rather than non-belief of God. However, all these schools also rejected a notion of a creationist god and so the word nastika became strongly associated with them.

And to the other guys, why can't one reply to a simple question with a simple answer, rather then indulging in Chest thumping.

Back
Top Bottom