What's new

The legend of Immortals of India

^ Can you be atheist and Hindu at the same time? I have seen most educated hindus are becoming atheists

Here some of the members said that human creation is well documented in quran he told that human came frm clay . I think here most of them studied abt human evoution if u r smart enough just u compare theory of evolution and the Avathars of vishnu. definitely u will get something just forget abt unicelluar things. Most of knw abt Navagraha wic means 9 planets it documented long back. I can say many things like this ,IMO Hindu books comprises lot of information than any other religion in the world.

^ Can you be atheist and Hindu at the same time? I have seen most educated hindus are becoming atheists

Nowadays everybody wants solid proof for everything its happening in all religion. If a girl says that she is virgin nobody believes her but people believing hymen layer( even now hymen layer can be restored by surgery):cheesy: so evidence is more impt than stories.

Do u have any evidence of most educated hindus becoming atheists or do we have to take a Pakistanis word for it???

Yes baby, open any topic here about God and religion and you will get the evidence and I have/had many Indians friends/colleagues/class fellows and most of them are atheist and don't believe in any religion/scripture

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

Its called paganism.
woo tu teekh lakin itna colourful dress aur make up kis liyea aur yea mask kyoon face par

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

Nowadays everybody wants solid proof for everything its happening in all religion. If a girl says that she is virgin nobody believes her but people believing hymen layer( even now hymen layer can be restored by surgery):cheesy: so evidence is more impt than stories.

If you have solid evidence of beliefs then they would not be beliefs any more but will become facts of science :)

Yes baby, open any topic here about God and religion and you will get the evidence and I have/had many Indians friends/colleagues/class fellows and most of them are atheist and don't believe in any religion/scripture

mr baby pakistani, since internet or ur friends/colleagues is ur source by which u just generalized majority of educated hindus(300 million or so).. do i judge majority of educated Pakistanis as bigots from what i have found in PDF?

I wish you were true. The atheist percentage among hindus remain around 4 percent(I read somewhere, dont ask me how I know) although it is a school of hindu practice since quite long.
Compared to that atheist christians range from 30 to 60 percent in europe.
In UK that percentage is quite close to 50 pecent.
(Atheist christian means, a person who does not belive in God or christianity, but maintain some of the traditions)

Although hindus have too diverse opinion on any subject In my experience they are:
1. Complete believers: Illeterate or semi literate
2. Believe in Some God: Literate
3. Believe in One God: Literate, somehow thinks he knows better than others.
4. Atheists: If south Indian, it is because of tradition I told before. Else, literate.

mr baby pakistani, since internet or ur friends/colleagues is ur source by which u just generalized majority of educated hindus(300 million or so).. do i judge majority of educated Pakistanis as bigots from what i have found in PDF?

I think you are too sensitive for such debate. I felt that current generation of educated Hindu are becoming secular and atheist as you see most of them eating meat, having gf/bfs and doing things which a practising conservative Hindu will never do. I never spoke on behalf of all Hindus who live in India. I spoke on behalf of those whom i have/had personal interaction on forums or in personal life
http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/105256-charles-darwin-racist-16.html

Nothing wrong to be atheists or liberal or secular. You did not give answer of my question that whether Atheist can be Hindu or vice versa but started ranting

I wish you were true. The atheist percentage among hindus remain around 4 percent(I read somewhere, dont ask me how I know) although it is a school of hindu practice since quite long.
Compared to that atheist christians range from 30 to 60 percent in europe.
In UK that percentage is quite close to 50 pecent.
(Atheist christian means, a person who does not belive in God or christianity, but maintain some of the traditions)

Although hindus have too diverse opinion on any subject In my experience they are:
1. Complete believers: Illeterate or semi literate
2. Believe in Some God: Literate
3. Believe in One God: Literate, somehow thinks he knows better than others.
4. Atheists: If south Indian, it is because of tradition I told before. Else, literate.

I don't think any Christian ever told me that he is christian as well as atheist at the same time that's why i was confuse because some Hindus don't believe in any divine entity, incarnation or religious scripture etc but can they call themselves hindus if they don't follow the core beliefs of Hinduism?

I don't think any Christian ever told me that he is christian as well as atheist at the same time that's why i was confuse because some Hindus don't believe in any divine entity, incarnation or religious scripture etc but can they call themselves hindus if they don't follow the core beliefs of Hinduism?

Like I said already. those christians are cultural christians, but are atheist really. They wont go to any church, make fun of jesus, say god is dead, etc etc.
But when they want to marry, they will marry in a nice church or cathedral.(Most people never see church before that)
They will also celebrate all christian festivals, use christian saying etc.
Also in census, they may tick themselves as christians.
The anglican church is very liberal by any standard, they hardly push anything on anybody.

Some europeans have gone one step ahead. A dutch priest claims there is no god and was probably no jesus. He seems to be very popular in his church.
The traditional hindu atheist I told you about(mostly in south India) is because of a specific tradition.
As you probably know by now, hinduism is religion with quite diverse practice, and a small number of them do no believe in God.(A school of thought)
For more info:
Atheism in Hinduism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But there are hindus who become atheist, they usually maintain the cultural affinity, you can call them cultural hindus if you want.

I think you are too sensitive for such debate. I felt that current generation of educated Hindu are becoming secular and atheist as you see most of them eating meat, having gf/bfs and doing things which a practising conservative Hindu will never do.

The problem is u know nothing about Hinduism and still keep on ranting...

Do u know what a practicing Hindu can do or not do??

Not all hindus eat only vegetarian ..only brahmins and certain other communities have only veg..others communities had non- veg for 1000s of years and they are hindus..

Show me one scripture which says hindus cant have gfs/bfs(since u said having gf/bf shows he or she is becoming atheist)
Krishna- Radha were bf-gf btw..Hinduism talks about love among men and women as divine..
Being conservative is a cultural thing not a religious thing...i understand this confusion for u because some muslims tend to confuse between culture and religion..culture varies from place to place..for eg ..a married hindu woman in north india wears sindhoor in her forehead..but in south india that is not the culture..

And being secular does not mean they are atheist..again i completely understand some muslims confusing these two ...a person can be religious and also secular..and btw Hinduism for 1000's of yrs practised secularism..that is y Parsis and jews were/are allowed to practise their religion in India by religious hindus when they fled to India being persecuted in their own lands..

I never spoke on behalf of all Hindus who live in India. I spoke on behalf of those whom i have/had personal interaction on forums or in personal life
Nothing wrong to be atheists or liberal or secular. You did not give answer of my question that whether Atheist can be Hindu or vice versa but started ranting

This was ur comment

U generalized most of the educated hindus..and hence my post

Do u have any evidence of most educated hindus becoming atheists or do we have to take a Pakistanis word for it???

And about can atheist be hindu or not...hinduguy clearly explained to u where atheism stands in Hinduism...
Hinduism allows ppl to question and that is why we have different schools of thoughts..even the epics have different meaning to different ppl...for eg: Ramayana has diifferent versions..

The problem is u know nothing about Hinduism and still keep on ranting...Not all hindus eat only vegetarian ..only brahmins and certain other communities have only veg..others communities had non- veg for 1000s of years and they are hindus..

yes I know nothing that's why i asked from scholar like yourself who did not bother to explain but took it as insult to consider Hindus as atheists. When i said meat i was referring to beef . You do love to jump towards conclusions.
Show me one scripture which says hindus cant have gfs/bfs(since u said having gf/bf shows he or she is becoming atheist)
So hindu guy or girl can spread their legs for anyone just like in western countries. Whats the purpose of marrige and & 7 phere then if GF can be treated like wife? when i said gf and bf i was referring to western cultures where peoples have temporary relationship just for sex and even extra martial sex and one night stand are not big deals. I would also suggest you to read " Atheism in Hinduism" in previous reply of Hindu guy. You still have so much to learn Mr scholar.

And being secular does not mean they are atheist..

I don't know about your personal definition of secular but that's how dictionary define secular

Secular = Denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis

U made generalizing about all educated hindus..plz improve ur comprehension skills...

How many times you will beat the same drum lol

I never Used word "All" . I even clarified in my previous post which you ignored. Stop acting like crying baby :no:

...i understand this confusion for u because muslims tend to confuse between culture and religion..culture varies from place to place...
And Hindus don't? AFAIK according to Hindu sacred writings good Hindus ate cows, now you'd CULTURALLY(??) think its un-Hindu to eat them. There's a lot of culture confusion going on in every traditions. Don't peg it on Muslims alone. It is true that the sarii3ah assimilates culture as its lowest-significance inspiration for deriving rules (e.g. a Muslim wife has NO responsibility of house chores, but if in a culture it is normal for the wife to cook then it becomes part of the job for a Muslim wife living among those people) and that helps local culture to creep in and become accepted as an 'Islamic principle' among those local people. It's only when they meet other people that they realize it was from local customs. But I think the same happened for other reasons with other faiths, at least Christianity has a local flavour wherever it is present.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Come on, I came here to learn the secrets of immortality, and all people have done is copy fables of old from wikipedia!

And Hindus don't? AFAIK according to Hindu sacred writings good Hindus ate cows, now you'd CULTURALLY(??) think its un-Hindu to eat them. There's a lot of culture confusion going on in every traditions. Don't peg it on Muslims alone. It is true that the sarii3ah assimilates culture as its lowest-significance inspiration for deriving rules (e.g. a Muslim wife has NO responsibility of house chores, but if in a culture it is normal for the wife to cook then it becomes part of the job for a Muslim wife living among those people) and that helps local culture to creep in and become accepted as an 'Islamic principle' among those local people. It's only when they meet other people that they realize it was from local customs. But I think the same happened for other reasons with other faiths, at least Christianity has a local flavour wherever it is present.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Come on, I came here to learn the secrets of immortality, and all people have done is copy fables of old from wikipedia!

First of all i dont think any hindu scripture says a good hindu can eat cow...i have not read many hindu scriptures...but AFAIK cow is a deity in most school of thoughts...

but other than that i completely agree with ur above post..confusion btwn cultural and religious practices exist in almost all religions..
I only used example of Islam because in recent times islam's has been most glaring example around the world where there is clash of opinion on what is a cultural practice and what is religious(debate on burkha etc..)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom