What's new

The Launching of the USS Gerald Ford aircraft carrier.

NO. Somebody needs to educate the people about the sheer number of targeting sensors required in the three different bands to even cover the South China sea when it comes to ASBMs. Not for a very long time, that's the answer, on the other hand even before it becomes a real issue the Americans have gone and started designing ships for pure ABM operations such as the one designed by Huntington Ingalls (288 missiles on one ship).

Considering that most people here will not be able to state the orbit and resolution required for such sensors anyway it becomes a bit difficult to hash out the details, where the devil actually lurks. Add to that the severe ignorance of operational usage of BARCAP and missile screens. Furthermore lowering the non-conventional threshold is always the resort of desperation, wherein the party resorting to said lowering finds itself woefully over-matched and browbeaten. China is NOT known for such ad hoc and desperate moves.

Add to that that a cursory look at the force deployment along the various PLAAF MraFs will demonstrate most tellingly how seriously ACs are taken even by the big nations.

:blah::blah:

:whistle:

I don't take the coward's way ;) what fun is it when I do it in his absence :P haha

How are you dilli? I miss you silly! All well?? :)

Everything is kosher. His absence is advised for his well being, we don't want to break his fragile heart do we? Me missed you too. You missed out on a lot of Buttsy baiting.

Ever been to Avondale by any chance, Hll reminded me of the shipyard there, some of the best amphibs in the world came out of that yard and now its future is in choppy waters.:frown:

What do you think, will replace the carriers for naval power projection?
Ships. And no, am not being facetious.

Naval aviation is about using a method of warfare -- aircrafts. Attacking from the 3rd dimension is pretty much mandatory for sophisticated militaries today. As long as there is a need for ships, then ships will remain the premier long duration power projection of a country. Naval aviation is subordinate to that need and if there comes a day when a fleet can wage combat without the need for manned aircrafts, then the aircraft carrier will retire just like its cousin capital ship -- the battleship. Other ships, whatever they may be, will replace the aircraft carrier.

Everything is kosher. His absence is advised for his well being, we don't want to break his fragile heart do we? Me missed you too. You missed out on a lot of Buttsy baiting.

Ever been to Avondale by any chance, Hll reminded me of the shipyard there, some of the best amphibs in the world came out of that yard and now its future is in choppy waters.:frown:

Btw you ever been the

LMFAO hahaaha I miss the teasing haha its been a whileeee :P
I am glad all is well with you! :)) Hope fam. and friends are good:P
Oh yeah? Btw how is @Armstrong...I miss him <3 uncle where are you?

Nope I haven't actually...why do you ask ? :P

Last edited by a moderator:
LMFAO hahaaha I miss the teasing haha its been a whileeee :P
I am glad all is well with you! :)) Hope fam. and friends are good:P
Oh yeah? Btw how is @Armstrong...I miss him <3 uncle where are you?

Nope I haven't actually...why do you ask ? :P

Z you are up late ... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha indeed, it was one of those night :)) thanks to no school on monday :P

How are you sir?:)

Yeah me too, I just missed you by half hour. By the time I signed on , you had left.
Well back to work on Tuesday. See you soon. TC

Oldman1 Pretty exciting to see the Ford being completed.[/QUOTE said:
Sorry for the Late reply, was busy facing cyclone "phailin". Any way Congrats with jealousy in heart for this master piece!!

you telling me you can defend against 10 or 15 of these aircraft killing missiles?? more like bye bye $13 billion ship!!!

Sorry for the Late reply, was busy facing cyclone "phailin". Any way Congrats with jealousy in heart for this master piece!!

so,you've survived that..congrats... :yahoo:

how was the experience bro???where did you stay during that time???

so,you've survived that..congrats... :yahoo:

how was the experience bro???where did you stay during that time???

First of all thanks for the concern...

Actually I live in Bhubaneswar and I have faced the 99 cyclone also. But this one is nothing compared to that one, though the population was preparing for the worst. Thank god, due to timely preparation the causality rate is low(15 vs 15000). In 99 even the DP structures of the Sub-stations were twisted and we had broken glasses in our house. But not this time. The power went out for 2 days only because of up rooted trees compared to minimum 10 days time in 1999 even in VIP areas.

And the funny part is I along with my family with kids went out to Chandipur coast just 1 day before the cyclone and for that we had to face music from the elders and we came back at 1.00 clock on 12th and the storm struck at around evening. People also thought we were mad as we were probably only family who was going towards sea while all were coming back home!! Any way the kids liked the adventure of 400 Kms trip(up and down). And now we hear that the town where we took shelter during 11th night is being flooded and the NH is cut off from BBSR. This is it. I will tell you some funny things regarding storm as I have to go to market now.

First of all thanks for the concern...

Actually I live in Bhubaneswar and I have faced the 99 cyclone also. But this one is nothing compared to that one, though the population was preparing for the worst. Thank god, due to timely preparation the causality rate is low(15 vs 15000). In 99 even the DP structures of the Sub-stations were twisted and we had broken glasses in our house. But not this time. The power went out for 2 days only because of up rooted trees compared to minimum 10 days time in 1999 even in VIP areas.

And the funny part is I along with my family with kids went out to Chandipur coast just 1 day before the cyclone and for that we had to face music from the elders and we came back at 1.00 clock on 12th and the storm struck at around evening. People also thought we were mad as we were probably only family who was going towards sea while all were coming back home!! Any way the kids liked the adventure of 400 Kms trip(up and down). And now we hear that the town where we took shelter during 11th night is being flooded and the NH is cut off from BBSR. This is it. I will tell you some funny things regarding storm as I have to go to market now.

thanks for sharing experience.yes,some massive evacuation we see.press are saying that over 900000 people were evacuated.thank god that no major casualty has happened.but sad to see that following flood is giving trouble more than what Phailin did.

Back
Top Bottom