What's new

The latest news is that China's 7nm chips are manufactured using synchrotron radiation, which has 40 times the capacity of EUV lithography.

That question is easy to answer. If they sell only 100,000 7nm chips, your suspicion may be correct. But if they sell 100 million 7nm chips, they could not be making it at a loss and survive. In 2022, 1,400 million smartphones were sold. So, 100 million is only 7% of smartphones market.
Or they could just be using the existing process using ASML machines obtained by busting sanctions and not the technology the OP is claiming. That is why I asked him for the source of the news.

Or they could just be using the existing process using ASML machines obtained by busting sanctions and not the technology the OP is claiming. That is why I asked him for the source of the news.
Unlikely. Even if they obtain them clandestinely, which is very difficult, as they are huge and enormously expensive and hence easily tracked. It is like surreptitiously buying a 747 or an aircraft carrier, they need huge amount of handholding services from the manufacturer. Imagine a large jet, times 1000.

Can you steal this?
1694671427577.png

Unlikely. Even if they obtain them clandestinely, which is very difficult, as they are huge and enormously expensive and hence easily tracked. It is like surreptitiously buying a 747 or an aircraft carrier, they need huge amount of handholding services from the manufacturer. Imagine a large jet, times 1000.

Can you steal this? View attachment 953514
You are forgetting even nations like Pakistan and North Korea have stolen missile and nuclear tech. So, yes, if China is motivated enough , they can definitely get an ASML machine by busting sanctions.

You are forgetting even nations like Pakistan and North Korea have stolen missile and nuclear tech. So, yes, if China is motivated enough , they can definitely get an ASML machine by busting sanctions.
Missile and nuclear tech are easier than 7 nm. Neither Pakistan nor NK have high tech. Their roads, railroads and ports -19th Century technology - are built/supplied by China. Their challenge is to run a power grid.

Missile and nuclear tech are easier than 7 nm. Neither Pakistan nor NK have high tech. Their roads, railroads and ports -19th Century technology - are built/supplied by China. Their challenge is to run a power grid.
The question was about STEALING, not about whether it is high tech or low tech. If I have enough money and not located in China, I can purchase a ASML machine, but I can't purchase missile or nuclear tech.

And if China has indigenously developed an alternate tech, why is it keeping so quiet about it ? Doesn't it want to boast to the world that it defeated US sanctions and get customers for its indigenous technology?

The question was about STEALING, not about whether it is high tech or low tech. If I have enough money and not located in China, I can purchase a ASML machine, but I can't purchase missile or nuclear tech.

And if China has indigenously developed an alternate tech, why is it keeping so quiet about it ? Doesn't it want to boast to the world that it defeated US sanctions and get customers for its indigenous technology?
Chinese are not boastful like you Indians, don't think every one is like you.

Chinese are not boastful like you Indians, don't think every one is like you.
Lol, nice diversionary tactic when you have no response to the question.

Why is the process being kept a secret, especially when everyone else is either claiminng or insinuating that China busted sanctions ?

Lol, nice diversionary tactic when you have no response to the question.

Why is the process being kept a secret, especially when everyone else is either claiminng or insinuating that China busted sanctions ?
That's what you Indians and your masters Yankees like to believe, and Chinese don't give a damn care. Everything Chinese does is violation of your masters sanctions, lol. Your masters own the world, lol.

That's what you Indians and your masters Yankees like to believe, and Chinese don't give a damn care. Everything Chinese does is violation of your masters sanctions, lol. Your masters own the world, lol.
Ok, thanks for confirming that you cannot confirm that the chips were not produced by an ASML machine shipped in surreptitiously.

You haters have to prove otherwise, not me.
I have no interest in proving anything. I have a premise that I can neither prove nor disprove because of lack of data. You were the one trying to disprove it but you failed.

The OP posted some "news" but no one can provide a source for it. That tells me all I need to know.

I have no interest in proving anything. I have a premise that I can neither prove nor disprove because of lack of data. You were the one trying to disprove it but you failed.

The OP posted some "news" but no one can provide a source for it. That tells me all I need to know.
You accuse China of something, you should prove it with evidence, otherwise you are just a liar.

You accuse China of something, you should prove it with evidence, otherwise you are just a liar.
lol, I did not accuse China of anything. I only asked for the source of the "news" . If OP cannot provide the source, I will stick to my premise. If someone can provide data to the contrary, I will be happy to admit my premise was incorrect.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom