What's new

The last US nail in Sheikh Hasina's coffin

Whether it's done under military watch or under the watch of some foreign power it's equally bad. What is screams loudly is that we don't have a proper democratic process. The democratic institutions are manipulated by every freaken political party in power to engineer the election the next time, worst of which has been done by the BAL. I can't help but look enviously at India where this democratic process takes place without any issues, never did they ever require military intervention or foreign power intervention to ensure smooth transition of power. What exactly is the difference between BD and Indian people that they can do it but we can't I wonder.

IN is a large country with a federal system. Democracy of sorts have survived there because without it the country would break apart. Also they were gifted the British institutions and maintained economic links/systems without much upheaval that was not the case for PK/BD.

The british colonial system simply persisted with the brits being replaced by indian elite.

@bluesky

UN may decide to conduct election if Hasina remains adamant not to resign and hand the state power to a CTG.

UN has the powers to do? That too unilaterally?

Regards
utter gibberish..... UN has no such power or mandate.... how are they going to enforce it... will have no BD support

What is your take on 1/11? I think another 1/11 is near! It's not military takeover, but it was emergency!

I think such thing will happen! I hear that during 1/11 military was threatened to ban from UN peacekeeping mission!

Now this time the situation might be the same!

So anything is possible! If that time military image wasn't tarnished, why this time will?

The role of military is to protect sovereignty; and not only sovereignty is under threat when another country attack directly, but also when they try to create anarchy through it's puppets, try to support separatists!

This regime provided India such benefits that goes against Bangladesh, so isn't still the time to protect Bangladesh, even if it's by direct military intervention?

However I'm not asking to do so , but if necessary I don't think military will stay in barrack, and that's not going to tarnish their image!
You make interesting points. From my perspective I do not think military getting involved is a good idea, they tend to make things worse.

Transition of power is a must. BAL will seek to oppose and delay the reckoning that is coming their way.

This transition must be a peaceful one and if that means giving BAL immunity from prosecution then so be it. There is a deal to be done here. I do not think any BD wants caos.

Political maturity can only be built on shared vision of multi party power rotating system. This is directly against BAL ethos so they need to compromise and subscribe to this. BNP needs to become more open for cooperation and leave behind the hurt and legitimate grievance they have against BAL for their repressive tactics. JP and Jamat needs fall in line as well.

I do not believe it is impossible for our politicians to trash this out between themselves amicably. They need a bit of a push. BAL must see how unstable their house of cards is.... heres hoping sane minds will prevail, BD does not require political instability in this time of economic downturn.

The latest in a long line of videos by Pinaki. But I think this one paints a very accurate picture. Judge for yourselves.

Sorry Bengali only....

Same old game ....

See what the Americans want .... and that will be done.

I'm trying to understand BD politics through this thread but i think getting the Military involved is a terrible idea from past experiences.

what if they decide to stay in power and derail the entire democratic setup?

How strong is the judiciary and civilian institutions like Crime and corruption? are they any independent?

Like @VikingRaider bhai said, the takeover by the military (if it even happens in Bangladesh) will be very temporary.

Military will not stage a coup anymore in BD. At least not directly. Even if they do something indirectly, it will be at the behest of US, just like in Pakistan. It doesn't put us in any better position. The average people will still be at the mercy of corrupt leaders.

The reason is plain and simple- money. If they do that, they lose out on the lucrative UN missions.

Not to forget, military officer core has been thoroughly vetted to root out any pro Islamic or anti BAL element.

Gone are days when your father could be a leader of Jamaat and you are a General in BD army. I am of course referring to Golam Azam's son.

A foreign backed military government is no better than an autocratic corrupt BAL.

We shouldn't expect a patriotic group of army officers staging a coup and taking control. That will never happen anymore.

You make interesting points. From my perspective I do not think military getting involved is a good idea, they tend to make things worse.

Transition of power is a must. BAL will seek to oppose and delay the reckoning that is coming their way.

This transition must be a peaceful one and if that means giving BAL immunity from prosecution then so be it. There is a deal to be done here. I do not think any BD wants caos.

Political maturity can only be built on shared vision of multi party power rotating system. This is directly against BAL ethos so they need to compromise and subscribe to this. BNP needs to become more open for cooperation and leave behind the hurt and legitimate grievance they have against BAL for their repressive tactics. JP and Jamat needs fall in line as well.

I do not believe it is impossible for our politicians to trash this out between themselves amicably. They need a bit of a push. BAL must see how unstable their house of cards is.... heres hoping sane minds will prevail, BD does not require political instability in this time of economic downturn.
Well 1/11 situation should be the last resort!

If our politicians mutually solve it, then no military intervention is needed!

I hope for good politicians will mutually solve the problem!

So lets wish for the best and prepare for the worst!

Interesting video of Pinaky!

Military will not stage a coup anymore in BD. At least not directly. Even if they do something indirectly, it will be at the behest of US, just like in Pakistan. It doesn't put us in any better position. The average people will still be at the mercy of corrupt leaders.

The reason is plain and simple- money. If they do that, they lose out on the lucrative UN missions.

Not to forget, military officer core has been thoroughly vetted to root out any pro Islamic or anti BAL element.

Gone are days when your father could be a leader of Jamaat and you are a General in BD army. I am of course referring to Golam Azam's son.

A foreign backed military government is no better than an autocratic corrupt BAL.

We shouldn't expect a patriotic group of army officers staging a coup and taking control. That will never happen anymore.
@leonblack08 bhai, let's take a look at the Battle of Ain Jalut! That time Christians took neutral stance against their traditional enemy Muslims , because they considered mongols as immediate threat , that could crush them after crushing Muslims!

However for the neutral stance of Christians , Muslims could freely move through the territory and then defeated mongols!

IMHO, if BAL continue again with another rigged election, Bangladesh will be turned to North Korea!

So perhaps we should welcome anything that is against the immediate threat of becoming north korea!

Later maybe we can do better! Yes in Pakistan maybe imran khan is in trouble, but in Turkey Erodogan again won!

So i would welcome a national unity govt, and don't care how it comes!

It's time not to become North Korea or another Myanmar!

However, if there will be a fair election and BAL win the election, and again grab the power, then I've no issue, I will happily accept that!

But dictatorship should no longer continue!

Last edited:
Interesting video of Pinaky!

@leonblack08 bhai, let's take a look at the Battle of Ain Jalut! That time Christians took neutral stance against their traditional enemy Muslims , because they considered mongols as immediate threat , that could crush them after crushing Muslims!

However for the neutral stance of Christians , Muslims could freely move through the territory and then defeated mongols!

IMHO, if BAL continue again with another rigged election, Bangladesh will be turned to North Korea!

So perhaps we should welcome anything that is against the immediate threat of becoming north korea!

Later maybe we can do better! Yes in Pakistan maybe imran khan is in trouble, but in Turkey Erodogan again won!

So i would welcome a national unity govt, and don't care how it comes!

It's time not to become North Korea or another Myanmar!

However, if there will be a fair election and BAL win the election, and again grab the power, then I've no issue, I will happily accept that!

But dictatorship should no longer continue!

I understand Bhai. Nobody wants this corrupt BAL dictatorship to continue. But alternative to that cannot be a military or even a civilian government backed by foreign powers either.

Ideal case would be a free and fair election and a government elected by people. But that's just wishful thinking, I don't think it will ever be a reality.

Ideal case would be a free and fair election and a government elected by people. But that's just wishful thinking, I don't think it will ever be a reality.
Yes bhai this is the real problem! If we could come to street and protest, then no foreign interfere would be necessary!

Unfortunately all we can do is creating tempest in tea pot and nowadays in Facebook and various social media!

There is another issue of institutions thoroughly corrupted by the present ruling class. A purge is needed, not sure how to go about sanitizing them.

Last edited:
Seems like alot of PDF bangalis are opposing BAL but what alternative party do you have? BNP with JI, and other hardliners? Military overtake should never be supported, and a powerful and independent EC who can hold free and fair elections is a must.

Seems like alot of PDF bangalis are opposing BAL but what alternative party do you have? BNP with JI, and other hardliners? Military overtake should never be supported, and a powerful and independent EC who can hold free and fair elections is a must.

BNP supported by a coalition of remaining Islamic parties is the only realistic alternative. But their leadership is no better than BAL unfortunately.

A national unity govt with a technocrat head is the best choice!

Both internal and external pressure is necessary!

And then a cool down period and rewriting of constitution!

Then arrange a free and fair election ( after at least 5/7 years)!

Then new parties can come to power, of course without family dynastic politics!

A national unity govt with a technocrat head is the best choice!

Both internal and external pressure is necessary!

And then a cool down period and rewriting of constitution!

Then arrange a free and fair election ( after at least 5/7 years)!

Then new parties can come to power, of course without family dynastic politics!

The issue with Asia is we don't have educated visionary leadership and public, people still vote on personalities, noone votes on an ideology/cause. What you mentioned above is from a visionary point of view but unfortunately the public haven't got a clue about it.

what if they decide to stay in power and derail the entire democratic setup?
What is democracy? Farcical election under this establishment and and make everyone who slightly disagree make them silent by labeling them as Razakar and illegitimate children of Pakistan ( aka traitor in their language)!

If you call it democratic setup , we really don't want such democratic setup!

Even Egyptian style military dictatorship is far better than the nasty bloody ideology that literally made the country slave of India!

Truth to be told, such kind of benefits were given to India that no sovereign country would give!

So if USA really doesn't see Bangladesh through Indian lense anymore, then we should take the chance and wipe off traitors!

If it make puppets of USA , then so be it!

It's better to be the puppet of USA ,than becoming puppet of India!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom