What's new

The Kerala Model: Probably the right way forward

Looks like you people are picking on the the weakest part of argument which was anyway written as an answer to different poster.TO have on-topic discussion i would delete that part?

Regarding Land reforms: West Bengal also had Land reforms done by communists,it didn't do any good to Bengal.

And Spark

It is good that Kerala is developing it's service sector ( I do not have Kerala Phobia).I have not yet read the Economic survey as it would take a couple of days more to come in print (I prefer hard copy to digital one).But it does not in any way belittle the massive support provided by migrants.Large number of services like Banking etc are dependent on migrants.

It is very flimsy argument in favour of India going communist.

Compare the literacy rates. It is not just the government. The people have to be progressive and forward looking as well. Plus there is the issue of Bangladesh and Naxalbari. Kerala is well insulated from all this. It is better to compare West Bengal to the states in its neighbourhood like Bihar and UP and Jharkhand and then compare where WB stands against these states. Oops! Now it seems like WB has done pretty good doesnt it?

ohh those poor 2.5 million ones.. will live ration rice and kerosene and dont have money to start anything anywhere in India.

sad.

Jokes apart not many of the Gulf expats are rich and live from paycheck to paycheck and most probably have to depend on ration rice and kerosene once they lose their jobs in Gulf.

In short we are happy with this:

kerala_monsoon_03_by_impeccablez-d32llen.jpg

kerala-fact-list-h.jpg

kerala1.jpg

KeralaHoliday.jpg

Munnar,%20Kerala.jpg

4.jpg

than this:

Ecology.jpg

25a0d484d0743d0272bd32a571c9ab2c.jpg

Cheap shots huh...? even I can post ooty ,kodaikanal ,kannaniyakumari regions pics ok... just live in fools paradise that is not new for u people. I talked abt private sector just see this article to improve your knowledge it just one sector in TN.

Chennai has emerged as India’s Detroit

euff said

Looks like you people are picking on the the weakest part of argument which was anyway written as an answer to different poster.TO have on-topic discussion i would delete that part?

Regarding Land reforms: West Bengal also had Land reforms done by communists,it didn't do any good to Bengal.

And Spark

It is good that Kerala is developing it's service sector ( I do not have Kerala Phobia).I have not yet read the Economic survey as it would take a couple of days more to come in print (I prefer hard copy to digital one).But it does not in any way belittle the massive support provided by migrants.Large number of services like Banking etc are dependent on migrants.

It is very flimsy argument in favour of India going communist.

Stats are based on services industries including IT, ITes , tourism, shipping , construction etc. not banking alone.

Among major states Kerala has a high share of employment in the services center .

source: economic survey 2011-12

http://indiabudget.nic.in/es2011-12/echap-10.pdf

Cheap shots huh...? even I can post ooty ,kodaikanal ,kannaniyakumari regions pics ok... just live in fools paradise that is not new for u people. I talked abt private sector just see this article to improve your knowledge it just one sector in TN.

euff said

Show me the stats about HDI in Chennai and I will agree with you. I bet that Idukki will have better HDI than Chennai.

It helps when people dont take a dump in the open. Go to sabarimala and see what the pilgrims from TN have done to the place. Last time I went there, nearly puked. The pilgrims especially from TN take turns to dump into the Pamba river. I m not trying to sshow TN in a bad light here but you should know what the people from a high GDP state come and do in a low GDP state.

Staying clean and preventing diseases dont need a high GDP mister. All that you need to do it bathe atleast 2 times a day and not taking dump in the open.

euff said

ohh kiddy kiddy.. who said we are vying for detroitation..??? we dont have barren outskirts like u have near city...u want stats.. i have managed to compile few of the state.

dghtnq.jpg

unh3n.jpg

So much for a small state ...:pop:

Btwn .. when is the next power cut in detroit>? heard its 8hrs now....

I see mallus being defensive here, but you should have thought before showing your "model".
You dont have a model to speak of (your situation is not much different from bangladesh).

If there are some model to be followed it has to be gujrat, maharastra, tamilnadu who are in turn following model of industrialized world.
I understand kerala is a populous country with fertile land and industry is expensive to build, but nobody has answered how one can achieve growth without exporting people or borrowing heavily( kerala has done both)

Show me the stats about HDI in Chennai and I will agree with you. I bet that Idukki will have better HDI than Chennai.

It helps when people dont take a dump in the open. Go to sabarimala and see what the pilgrims from TN have done to the place. Last time I went there, nearly puked. The pilgrims especially from TN take turns to dump into the Pamba river. I m not trying to sshow TN in a bad light here but you should know what the people from a high GDP state come and do in a low GDP state.

Staying clean and preventing diseases dont need a high GDP mister. All that you need to do it bathe atleast 2 times a day and not taking dump in the open.

sadly i agree with u on that.

But what is a high GDP aiming to achieve? A really high standard of living right? Now, if you have a way of getting that standard of living with a mediocre GDP, then why run behind the high GDP figures? Ever thought about that?

Regarding the soft drink part, it is the reaction of the people that made the coca-cola company come to their knees. I remember my mother telling me that the thing is filled with poison and that i shouldn't drink it. People give up using a product because of the policies of the company. How many states can claim this level of awareness? If you think the government should have given the company a free-hand on the issue of polluting groundwater, I regret to say that it is because of fools like you that our country has this level of lawlessness. "Acha, groundwater pollute kiya hai kya? Chal koi nai, dus lakh leke chod de". Let me ask you mister, if union carbide knew that they would get a big effing slap on their face if something like the bhopal gas tragedy happened, the tragedy wouldnt have happened in the first place.

I repeat this again. The exodus to the gulf region was because of the massive explosion in population during the 50s time when a woman normally had 5-6 kids. The growth wasnt enough to sustain the population when they entered the working age. The people working in the gulf is the result of this. But the population is stabilising now and expected to receede to a comfortable level in the future. So, there might not be many malayalees migrating to the gulf or other countries in the future. Please do go and have a look at the last generation of malayalee gulf workers. :D

dude,

kerala depends upon TN for food and electricity.

All the cash crops sown in Kerala still dont make enough for you to pay the electricity and food bill.

there is nothing called kerala model,only thing is they had a lot of people with english education more than the others.

TN is no less,except that the state alienated all the elites and did themselves bad.

sadly i agree with u on that.

dude,

kerala depends upon TN for food and electricity.

All the cash crops sown in Kerala still dont make enough for you to pay the electricity and food bill.

Sorry,food and what? Didnt get the second part. :D

TN depends on Kerala for water. Dude, it is not as if we guys are competing, we are depending on each other. Sort of a symbiotic relationship.

I dont know what makes HDI.

But if we are talking about this 90% literacy,it is a highly exaggerated one.

I know many of these literates and i know how literate they are.

TN has 75% literacy but i also know how much that literacy translates to.

I see mallus being defensive here, but you should have thought before showing your "model".
You dont have a model to speak of (your situation is not much different from bangladesh).

If there are some model to be followed it has to be gujrat, maharastra, tamilnadu who are in turn following model of industrialized world.
I understand kerala is a populous country with fertile land and industry is expensive to build, but nobody has answered how one can achieve growth without exporting people or borrowing heavily( kerala has done both)

not much different from bangladesh? LOL. You make me ask this question. Are we as India so different from Bangladesh? Why is it that a poor in TN which has a higher income per capita has dismal conditions when compared to a poor in Kerala? Why is it that Gujarat with such an impressive growth trajectory scores badly in HDI? Why is it that there arent slums in Kerala? Why is it that there is no remarkable difference in the living standards between the Cities and Villages in Kerala? Why is it that majority of the most liveable cities in India are in Kerala? Do MNCs and Big Corporations take centreplace for growth? If so, Gurgaon should be a better liveable city than Kochi, Kozhikode or Allapuzha. But that aint the truth.
You should realise that it is the initiative that people take that leads to betterment of lifestyle. Chasing GDP is pointless. Even though Delhi has a higher GDP than Kochi, sane people would prefer to spend their lives in Kochi rather than Delhi. this leads to another question. What if there were 5 Kochis instead of 1 Delhi? It is time we start splitting into medium sized cities and spread growth into those B2 and lower cities. Townships like Itarsi and Krishnagiri should develop more while it is time for cities like Delhi and Mumbai to stagnate. Honestly, the first tier cities in India are overloaded.

Having said all this,the good things of Kerala is something else.

i ll post it a few hours later.It is not in these numbers.

ohh kiddy kiddy.. who said we are vying for detroitation..??? we dont have barren outskirts like u have near city...u want stats.. i have managed to compile few of the state.

dghtnq.jpg

unh3n.jpg

So much for a small state ...:pop:

Btwn .. when is the next power cut in detroit>? heard its 8hrs now....

then why are so many malayalees in chennai/TN,to even study if not work.why r they making the move from higher to lower HDI?

Sorry,food and what? Didnt get the second part. :D

TN depends on Kerala for water. Dude, it is not as if we guys are competing, we are depending on each other. Sort of a symbiotic relationship.

The river Peiryar on which the dam is there,is in TN.We have our own rivers too.The only river that TN depends upon is Cauvery in Karnataka.

Having said all this,the good things of Kerala is something else.

i ll post it a few hours later.It is not in these numbers.

Please dont post photos of Silk Smitha and Shakeela :rofl::rofl:

then why are so many malayalees in chennai/TN,to even study if not work.why r they making the move from higher to lower HDI?

Simple! To study or to work. Nobody from Kerala goes to Chennai or anywhere in the country to do simple physical labour.
Now, why are there so many labourers from TN in Kerala? Is it that they are going away from a high GDP state to a low GDP state? :azn:

Kerala a role model big :no:
Being a Malayali my self i don't agree. In terms of HDI yes we are far ahead of any state in our country and at par with developed world
But when it comes industry...hardly we have anything to boast about .
Kerala economy runs on Remittance send by expats.
So ladies and gentleman lets not be delusional about it, we need more industry but looking at attitude of our leftist govt i highly doubt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom