What's new

The Kerala Model: Probably the right way forward

industrialization is difficult because we dont have land that can give to corporates for less price..... why TN ,karnataka and other states has acres of free land that can be used for big factories.....
in kerala all the place is good for agriculture so the population density is more so price of the property is more... so it is not wise to compare the industrilazation of other states with kerala

industrialization is difficult because we dont have land that can give to corporates for less price..... why TN ,karnataka and other states has acres of free land that can be used for big factories.....
in kerala all the place is good for agriculture so the population density is more so price of the property is more... so it is not wise to compare the industrilazation of other states with kerala

There has been recent surge in promotion of agriculture, or say home gardens in cities.. now i see lot of terrace vegetable gardens and lots of my facebook friends are putting up their vegetable garden pics.. i too have a small one...

We can be green industrial and thats should be the way to go. especially since the summers are getting hotter in kerala, probably due to lack of forest covers like before.

The exodus of Malayalees to Gulf, Europe & US gives a safety valve to GoKerala. Otherwise how could Kerala would have given jobs to so much educated people.

Read what I wrote down earlier before blabbering out crap based on prejudices and pre-conceived notions. Shame on you :angry:

Kerla is running on Soudi money. It is ever said that "You can find mallu at every corner of world". It is true, Malyalam guys work in Arabian countries, USA and europe as labor, carpenter, mechanic, driver etc. Kerla doesn't have good industrial base or better infrastructure.

So kerla can not be ideal model.

Yes,

USA - Indian Ambassador to USA, a malayali.
Security advisor to PM - a malayali
Foreign secretary - A malayali, you wants more?

Keralities doesn't consider any work on earth as Untouchable (outside their state)...................
Its Good that your state Produces only Engineers & Doctors................
By the by what is the rate of Poverty in Your state......... Infant Mortality Rate...........Female Foeticide rate etc etc .........
I admire you blind hatered towards Malayalis............
Kerala's economy is post office economy.Had it not been for that lazy arabs Kerala would have faced social and economic collapse.

This is not a critique of malyalies but of communists,No one hates you people but would certainly counter if you promote your bankrupt economic model.

Malyalis have fulfilled their part of bargain by development by getting educated but it is your ideologically driven industry hating government makes sure that only a total moron or a sentimental malyali would dare to put up a industry in your state ( Government firms do not count ).Won't those malyalis who migrate to other countries would prefer to work in their own state if government would not act as tornado of destruction for industries (Remember those penalties kerala imposed on some soft drink company which is more than the entire yearly revenue generated by that company from whole of India).

Regarding doctors and engineers,they do not constitue 0.001% of the total migrants.Bulk of the migrants are from working class.

Wherever there is economic prosperity,development Indices would be higher.Proves nothing if basic economic structure is weak.

Kerala is Bengal only with lesser population.Bengalis also migrate in large numbers but their population is so large that that remmitances of few migrants does not help state much.In Kerala remmitances makes a difference because you have small population where remmitances matter.

Come on Buddy........... Before Gulf our people went to Singapore & Malaysia ......Now they prefer Europe & America..........By the By you name any country or Place in India you will find a Malayali

Ya Ya,But how many.It is difficult for working class to migrate to Europe and America.Few doctors and engineers don't make much difference.Working class(Labourers) destination is still middle east.They form the bulk.

Kerala's economy is post office economy.Had it not been for that lazy arabs Kerala would have faced social and economic collapse.

This is not a critique of malyalies but of communists,No one hates you people but would certainly counter if you promote your bankrupt economic model.

Malyalis have fulfilled their part of bargain by development by getting educated but it is your ideologically driven industry hating government makes sure that only a total moron or a sentimental malyali would dare to put up a industry in your state ( Government firms do not count ).Won't those malyalis who migrate to other countries would prefer to work in their own state if government would not act as tornado of destruction for industries (Remember those penalties kerala imposed on some soft drink company which is more than the entire yearly revenue generated by that company from whole of India).

Regarding doctors and engineers,they do not constitue 0.001% of the total migrants.Bulk of the migrants are from working class.

Wherever there is economic prosperity,development Indices would be higher.Proves nothing if basic economic structure is weak.

Kerala is Bengal only with lesser population.Bengalis also migrate in large numbers but their population is so large that that remmitances of few migrants does not help state much.In Kerala remmitances makes a difference because you have small population where remmitances matter.

Ya Ya,But how many.It is difficult for working class to migrate to Europe and America.Few doctors and engineers don't make much difference.Working class(Labourers) destination is still middle east.They form the bulk.

Had it been not gulf , it would have been something else.

Administration, social life and economy was in high standards even during pre independance, period. So stopping conclusions based on "Ifs" and "buts".

Most comment including malayalees that whole prosperiety was based on gulf, and what if no gulf.

The state has been rich in culture, economic and in every front before arabs, europeans and whole world came knocking on doors here. Its just that many find an opportunity to change their destiny by going to places which earn them more and others getting butthurt on it.

That would apply for nearly all the states except perhaps the rain shadow reigon of deccan plateau.Don't say you do not even have a couple of hundred acres to spare.Industries provide much higher income and employability than agriculture.

There has been recent surge in promotion of agriculture, or say home gardens in cities.. now i see lot of terrace vegetable gardens and lots of my facebook friends are putting up their vegetable garden pics.. i too have a small one...

We can be green industrial and thats should be the way to go. especially since the summers are getting hotter in kerala, probably due to lack of forest covers like before.

Not scalable and won't be economic.

Kerala never be the model for anything , just compare Kerala with other south states then u can understand the reality. Keralites can't able to run their own industries or companies in kerala itself due to communist mentality. The position of educational institute is worsened becoz of continuous strikes which affects student's education badly thus they use to persue their education in neighboring states. Keralites talks communism in their state and they lazy to do any work but if see keralites in other states or countries they are workaholic that's wierd. The whole state is running of gulf countries money.

Apart frm tourism I found nothing great in Kerala.

Malayalis would prefer to work as labours in Gulf but not in your state.............But I can show thousands from you state working as labours in Kerala........By the by Tell me How much does a Daily worker earn in Your State????????????

Our Nurses ( In Us & Eurpe) Earn more than Doctors from You State............

Kerala never be the model for anything , just compare Kerala with other south states then u can understand the reality. Keralites can't able to run their own industries or companies in kerala itself due to communist mentality. The position of educational institute is worsened becoz of continuous strikes which affects student's education badly thus they use to persue the education in neighboring states. Keralites talks communism in their state and they lazy to do any work but if see keralites in other states or countries they are workaholic that's wierd. The whole state is running of gulf countries money.

Nothing but BS out of ignorance.

Since this is defence forum, let me put some defence industries.

Ever heard of own aircraft carrier?? Well its build in one of the biggest shipyards which builds warships called Cochhin Shipyard..

Heard of naval academies, heard of only coastal training centers, heard of southern air commands???

Heard of Brahmos ? Its headquarters is in this state.

ever heard of rockets, well first one of that was launched from here.

Ever heard of liquid propolsion center , vikram sarabhai space center, Keltron electronics of defence, Er and Dc??/

Well forget it....i can post whole day about industries in kerala... well whats the use...:lazy:

That would apply for nearly all the states except perhaps the rain shadow reigon of deccan plateau.Don't say you do not even have a couple of hundred acres to spare.Industries provide much higher income and employability than agriculture.

Nope we dont have couple of hundreds acres to spare, even if we have there will be population after that.

We have country's only Titanium sponge and Titanium dioxide factory sprread over hundreds of kilometers, a travel through that area reveals how bad the air is over the place.

Dont want something big of that scale anymore.

Kerala never be the model for anything , just compare Kerala with other south states then u can understand the reality. Keralites can't able to run their own industries or companies in kerala itself due to communist mentality. The position of educational institute is worsened becoz of continuous strikes which affects student's education badly thus they use to persue their education in neighboring states. Keralites talks communism in their state and they lazy to do any work but if see keralites in other states or countries they are workaholic that's wierd. The whole state is running of gulf countries money.

By the by Let it be Gulf or anywhere else we are living Far more better than people from your state............we have Poverty less than 15 %..........Literacy 100%......Infant Mortality Rate, Male female Population Ratio,HDI, Health etc .....Best in world and can be compared to any Developed nation in world................We are Happy with our system..............We don't want Air to be polluted with Industrialization...........we are happy with Tourism.............

what higher income you need man..... kerala is the only state in india where low class workers getting maximum wage.....
that is the another reason we can see huge number of workers from bihar,up and TN is coming to kerala....

Nothing but BS out of ignorance.

Since this is defence forum, let me put some defence industries.

Ever heard of own aircraft carrier?? Well its build in one of the biggest shipyards which builds warships called Cochhin Shipyard..

Heard of naval academies, heard of only coastal training centers, heard of southern air commands???

Heard of Brahmos ? Its headquarters is in this state.

ever heard of rockets, well first one of that was launched from here.

Ever heard of liquid propolsion center , vikram sarabhai space center, Keltron electronics of defence, Er and Dc??/

Well forget it....i can post whole day about industries in kerala... well whats the use...:lazy:

Nope we dont have couple of hundreds acres to spare, even if we have there will be population after that.

We have country's only Titanium sponge and Titanium dioxide factory sprread over hundreds of kilometers, a travel through that area reveals how bad the air is over the place.

Dont want something big of that scale anymore.

I think I can call u stupid , Cochin shipyard is purely private company?? majority of the companies u mentioned are GOI/quasi govt. owned. If our govt. want start their concern it can start anywhere in India nobody can oppose OK...I am talking abt private sector.

If that's case can I mention BHEL , OF ,nuclear plant ,AVADI plant in TN. damn

Malayalis would prefer to work as labours in Gulf but not in your state.............But I can show thousands from you state working as labours in Kerala........By the by Tell me How much does a Daily worker earn in Your State????????????

Keep your jingoism to yourself.I have clarified before that i am against communist model of govenment not against some sort of imagined malyali race.It does not matter to me where malyalis prefer to work.

I was replying to the basic question posed by OP which is "Whether Kerala's model is right way forward ans should be applied to whole of India"?The answer for which is hell no! 1.2 Billion people cannot survive on remmitances and we have to develop local Industries.Even if Malyalis are working only in Heaven,even then this criticism would survive.

Keep your jingoism to yourself.I have clarified before that i am against communist model of govenment not against some sort of imagined malyali race.It does not matter to me where malyalis prefer to work.

I was replying to the basic question posed by OP which is "Whether Kerala's model is right way forward ans should be applied to whole of India"?The answer for which is hell no! 1.2 Billion people cannot survive on remmitances and we have to develop local Industries.Even if Malyalis are working only in Heaven,even then this criticism would survive.

And i am from Delhi.best of luck in finding thousand of Delhi domiciled people working in Kerala.
First Learn about your Country...............India in not only Hindi Heartland...............

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom