kerala-fact-list-h.jpg

kerala1.jpg

KeralaHoliday.jpg

Munnar,%20Kerala.jpg

4.jpg

than this:

Ecology.jpg

25a0d484d0743d0272bd32a571c9ab2c.jpg

Had it been not gulf , it would have been something else.

Administration, social life and economy was in high standards even during pre independance, period. So stopping conclusions based on "Ifs" and "buts".

Most comment including malayalees that whole prosperiety was based on gulf, and what if no gulf.

The state has been rich in culture, economic and in every front before arabs, europeans and whole world came knocking on doors here. Its just that many find an opportunity to change their destiny by going to places which earn them more and others getting butthurt on it.

The question was never "Whether Kerala has rich culture or not"? It is whether "Current Economic model of Kerala(High social development and low economic development) is better and should be adopted for whole of India"? History and Culture is immaterial to this debate.Kerala has comparativly high social Indicators at time of Independence because Developmental Indicators of rest of the India were low.Princely state of Baroda and Travencore which were governed by competent rulers were performed better than rest of India.

The moot point is whether 1.2 Billion people could survive on remmitances?Where would they migrate to?

In my opinion Kerala model is not applicable for whole of India.

I think I can call u stupid , Cochin shipyard is purely private company?? majority of the companies u mentioned are GOI/quasi govt. owned. If our govt. want start their concern it can start anywhere in India nobody can oppose OK...I am talking abt private sector.

If that's case can I mention BHEL , OF ,nuclear plant ,AVADI plant in TN. damn

oh kiddy kiddy.. u wanna talk about BHEL...

BHEL, Kerala government to form joint venture

BHEL, Kerala Govt sign JV agreement | Projects | Construction News | ConstructionWeekOnline.in

The question was never "Whether Kerala has rich culture or not"? It is whether "Current Economic model of Kerala(High social development and low economic development) is better and should be adopted for whole of India"? History and Culture is immaterial to this debate.Kerala has comparativly high social Indicators at time of Independence because Developmental Indicators of rest of the India were low.Princely state of Baroda and Travencore which were governed by competent rulers were performed better than rest of India.

The moot point is whether 1.2 Billion people could survive on remmitances?Where would they migrate to?

In my opinion Kerala model is not applicable for whole of India.

Do u read news papers? if so did you miss the news that kerala service sector growth was above national average in recently conducted economic survey??

Now dont say service sector means airlines traffic to GULF.. gulp..

Read what I wrote down earlier before blabbering out crap based on prejudices and pre-conceived notions. Shame on you :angry:

Dude there are 2.5 million Malayalees in Gulf alone.(Kerala Gulf diaspora - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), not to mention Malayalees settles in other countries.So if that is not a safety valve then what is. Suppose that 2.5 million people return home tomorrow, how Kerala will give them jobs.

Wherever there is economic prosperity,development Indices would be higher.Proves nothing if basic economic structure is weak.

Malyalis have fulfilled their part of bargain by development by getting educated but it is your ideologically driven industry hating government makes sure that only a total moron or a sentimental malyali would dare to put up a industry in your state ( Government firms do not count ).Won't those malyalis who migrate to other countries would prefer to work in their own state if government would not act as tornado of destruction for industries (Remember those penalties kerala imposed on some soft drink company which is more than the entire yearly revenue generated by that company from whole of India).

But what is a high GDP aiming to achieve? A really high standard of living right? Now, if you have a way of getting that standard of living with a mediocre GDP, then why run behind the high GDP figures? Ever thought about that?

Regarding the soft drink part, it is the reaction of the people that made the coca-cola company come to their knees. I remember my mother telling me that the thing is filled with poison and that i shouldn't drink it. People give up using a product because of the policies of the company. How many states can claim this level of awareness? If you think the government should have given the company a free-hand on the issue of polluting groundwater, I regret to say that it is because of fools like you that our country has this level of lawlessness. "Acha, groundwater pollute kiya hai kya? Chal koi nai, dus lakh leke chod de". Let me ask you mister, if union carbide knew that they would get a big effing slap on their face if something like the bhopal gas tragedy happened, the tragedy wouldnt have happened in the first place.

I repeat this again. The exodus to the gulf region was because of the massive explosion in population during the 50s time when a woman normally had 5-6 kids. The growth wasnt enough to sustain the population when they entered the working age. The people working in the gulf is the result of this. But the population is stabilising now and expected to receede to a comfortable level in the future. So, there might not be many malayalees migrating to the gulf or other countries in the future. Please do go and have a look at the last generation of malayalee gulf workers. :D

My maharastra tops the chart in bigger states.

But smaller states and UTs are getting good HDI figures, so India should have smaller states in large numbers in future.

The only problem I face in Kerala(actually entire South) is that I can't understand their English & most cannot even understand basic Hindi.
Other than that it's a good state.

Dude there are 2.5 million Malayalees in Gulf alone.(Kerala Gulf diaspora - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), not to mention Malayalees settles in other countries.So if that is not a safety valve then what is. Suppose that 2.5 million people return home tomorrow, how Kerala will give them jobs.

ohh those poor 2.5 million ones.. will live ration rice and kerosene and dont have money to start anything anywhere in India.

sad.

The only problem I face in Kerala(actually entire South) is that I can't understand their English & most cannot even understand basic Hindi.
Other than that it's a good state.

Thats a big issue... try changing nationality to german or any european,, there are plenty and they are going places without much difficulty.

Keep your jingoism to yourself.I have clarified before that i am against communist model of govenment not against some sort of imagined malyali race.It does not matter to me where malyalis prefer to work.

I was replying to the basic question posed by OP which is "Whether Kerala's model is right way forward ans should be applied to whole of India"?The answer for which is hell no! 1.2 Billion people cannot survive on remmitances and we have to develop local Industries.Even if Malyalis are working only in Heaven,even then this criticism would survive.
And i am from Delhi.best of luck in finding thousand of Delhi domiciled people working in Kerala.

Development in kerala takes place equally among all its districts and Kerala concentrates more on basic living needs rather than to show off like other states in india are trying to do. Their developments are all city centered. If we go outside city we can see the difference in living standard of people in both urban and rural area. And i think everyone still remember how Delhi tried to cover up the poor living in slums during the common wealth games.
In Kerala we have nothing to hide. Everyone is welcome to see the difference. Thanks to pioneering land and social reforms initiated by a Communist government in the late 1950's.

Your post is irrelevant, Wat I asked ? wat u r saying?

ah...BHEL is PSU not a private sector:wave:.

BHEL , be it PSU or KUSU.. who cares.. i quoted a company in ur post.

oii another airport coming in small state to send all people to GULP..

Business Line : Industry & Economy / Logistics : Kerala to go ahead with Aranmula airport plan

and the country's BIGGEST port coming up to ship all kerala people to gulp countries. also a transhipment port bigger than colombo to tranship all mallus to world over.

Business world buzz on bounty for Kochi - South India - Kochi - ibnlive

Development in kerala takes place equally among all its districts and Kerala concentrates more on basic living needs rather than to show off like other states in india are trying to do. Their developments are all city centered. If we go outside city we can see the difference in living standard of people in both urban and rural area. And i think everyone still remember how Delhi tried to cover up the poor living in slums during the common wealth games.
In Kerala we have nothing to hide. Everyone is welcome to see the difference. Thanks to pioneering land and social reforms initiated by a Communist government in the late 1950's.

Looks like you people are picking on the the weakest part of argument which was anyway written as an answer to different poster.TO have on-topic discussion i would delete that part?

Regarding Land reforms: West Bengal also had Land reforms done by communists,it didn't do any good to Bengal.

And Spark

It is good that Kerala is developing it's service sector ( I do not have Kerala Phobia).I have not yet read the Economic survey as it would take a couple of days more to come in print (I prefer hard copy to digital one).But it does not in any way belittle the massive support provided by migrants.Large number of services like Banking etc are dependent on migrants.

It is very flimsy argument in favour of India going communist.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom