What's new

The Kargil Conflict Revisited

I cant believe NS will do a deal in USA without PA's consent, what stopped them from carrying on. They desperately needed face saver and NS had to do it.

That is rather simplistic. NS was quite powerful in those days. He did sack Army Chief once when He asked Gen. Jahangir Karamat to resign. His trip to USA could not have been one point agenda though. It had at least three purposes and none of them to do with him being the civilian face for the sake of Pakistan Army.

That is rather simplistic. NS was quite powerful in those days. He did sack Army Chief once when He asked Gen. Jahangir Karamat to resign. His trip to USA could not have been one point agenda though. It had at least three purposes and none of them to do with him being the civilian face for the sake of Pakistan Army.

I am not saying he was civilian face of army. I am saying he had to go to put pressure for a truce, and clinton seems to have asked him to pull out first.
So basically he had to pick the pieces, whether he knew everything or not is different matter, but why would he fly to US to ask clinton to mediate. Who does not like a victory in war? Why did not vajpayee go to US or russia for support?

Lets qualify "Military did not take him on board that is why NS failed to handled it."
Was he to be taken to the posts in Kargil to be "on-boarded"?

How can he be taken to the post if that post is inside an Indian territory?

Musharraf line of actions through out the war on terror gives strong evidence that he bypasses facts from those persons where he feels that there will be potential resistance. That's why I gave reference of General Shahid Aziz interview.You should listen to that interview carefully what he is saying.

This is what your eminent journalists, Air Chief marshal, media elite and leading columnist think :

There goes the tactical victory.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the lesson is, army should not indulge in politics and do what it is supposed to do. :coffee:

How shameful it is not to accept you own soldier dead body just to decrease you Casualties count against the enemy ??

There were more than 1,000 casualties in Kargil war: Col(R) Ishfaq Hussain | capitaltalk.geo.tv
Straight from the horses mouth.He clearly says that More than 1000 Pakistani Soldiers were killed in Kargil War.
Pakistani Bubble busted.

There are too many figures by too many colonels and brigadiers. Unless a report comes out with a proper investigation nobody knows the truth. Many times Nawaz and his chumcha military retires have inflated the number up to get Musharraf hanged. If the above however makes you Indians happy, continue to do so.

There are too many figures by too many colonels and brigadiers. Unless a report comes out with a proper investigation nobody knows the truth. Many times Nawaz and his chumcha military retires have inflated the number up to get Musharraf hanged. If the above however makes you Indians happy, continue to do so.
This particular figure is from a person who was a colonel in PA at that time.

This particular figure is from a person who was a colonel in PA at that time.

And there are many more figures by many more Colonels and Brigadiers and Generals who were serving with PA at the time, figures from 300,500 to 1000 all have been mentioned...

How shameful it is not to accept you own soldier dead body just to decrease you Casualties count against the enemy ??

Go and learn about the Kargil operation. At that time Pakistan couldn't accept the dead bodies because they didn't belong to it. Accepting the dead bodies would mean official act of war and escalation. At times i believe however Pakistan did accept the bodies. If you already knew this than keep your gibberish and trolling attempt to yourself.

Listen,

When mushy was president,he never let any body to talk about kargil...why? ..

Indians set up a commission to find out the mistakes and to rectify it and now kargil will be the largest airbase in north india after 2015.

We thrown our regional commander out when he failed to detect infiltration but you gave them 3 stars.

There are more than 6-7 top military officers whom interviews have been conducted in last few days and all of them are not PMLN chamchas ;).

Even a journalist who conducted 250 interviews on kargil say same.

Even as per Indian army chief of that time,casulties were more than 1100 and mushy did this to hide that failure.

Leave every thing ...please tell me why there have been no commission on kargil till now who can tell you truth?

Go and learn about the Kargil operation. At that time Pakistan couldn't accept the dead bodies because they didn't belong to it. Accepting the dead bodies would mean official act of war and escalation. At times i believe however Pakistan did accept the bodies. If you already knew this than keep your gibberish and trolling attempt to yourself.

then whom they belong?

There were more than 2 NLI divisions each having 1200 soldiers and regular troops who were more than 800.

They alone make it more than 4500-5000 troops.

Back
Top Bottom