What's new

The JS Izumo is Unleashed !

AEGIS LCS??
Are you kidding?
what do you want to do with these kind of LCS??

It's the USN's Small Surface Combatants system. Basically, the AEGIS LCS would be a new frigate, since the current LCS is more like a large corvette. As for what we'd want to do with an up-gunned and larger LCS, pretty much the same thing we used the OHP Class and the current LCS for, that is patrolling littoral waters and dissuading regional threats.

1396750337235.jpg

Screen-Shot-2014-12-11-at-4.08.53-PM.png

Here's a bit of info on the SSC LCS - Up Gunned LCS Hulls Picked for Navy’s Next Small Surface Combatant - USNI News

Last edited:
View attachment 210879

@SvenSvensonov , @Gabriel92 , @AMDR , @jhungary , @gambit , @Peter C , @Shotgunner51 , @Pangu ---

For you gentlemen,

:)

View attachment 210880

The first of 2 in her class.

Her sister ship, the DDH-184 shall be launched early next year -- 2017. While the Izumo stands at 27,000 tonnes , her sister ship shall be more than 30,000 tonnes. :)

:yahoo:

She looks a bit bare though:(. Can't wait to see her outfitted with SH-60Ks for anti-sub warfare
h60j_jp39.jpg

4047219157_ecd422e635.jpg

MCH-101s for counter-mine operations
AIR_AW101_Japanese_MCH-101_w_ALMDS_Concept_NGC_lg.jpg

99580_1300284035.jpg

Yes, I know this is a CH-101
ch101_92.jpg

or HV-22s for heavy transport
wv22.jpg

V-22-Philippines-exercise.jpg

And of course:crazy_pilot:
Japan-F-35.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful specimen of precision naval engineering! I wish we have an Izumo of our own, good job Japan.

Bro, PLAN will have new ships better than izumo in a few years, earlier than the new aircraft carrier enter the service. :smokin:

I can't wait till the first batch of V22s arrive. :)

Me neither!

132886368_91n.jpg

And one on JS 4002 Shimokita
6hqjXR0.jpg

I can't wait till the first batch of V22s arrive. :)

Wait, I just noticed Japan will have three classes of semi and true helicopter carriers. The Osumi Class LST

Ōsumi-class tank landing ship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and the Hyuga and Izumo Class Helicopter Destroyers!

Hyūga-class helicopter destroyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Izumo-class helicopter destroyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Osumi Class alone can carry up to 8 helos, and are being retrofitted to carry the HV-22.

Wow:yahoo:!

Japan's amphibious warfare capabilities awesome. Only the US rivals them:yahoo:.

Last edited:
View attachment 211748

And one on JS 4002 Shimokita
View attachment 211749

Wait, I just noticed Japan will have three classes of semi and true helicopter carriers. The Osumi Class LST

Ōsumi-class tank landing ship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and the Hyuga and Izumo Class Helicopter Destroyers!

Hyūga-class helicopter destroyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Izumo-class helicopter destroyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes. There are 3 of the Osumis, 2 of the Hyugas and also 2 of the Izumos. Combined 7.

:):bunny:

It's the USN's Small Surface Combatants system. Basically, the AEGIS LCS would be a new frigate, since the current LCS is more like a large corvette. As for what we'd want to do with an up-gunned and larger LCS, pretty much the same thing we used the OHP Class and the current LCS for, that is patrolling littoral waters and dissuading regional threats.

View attachment 211153
View attachment 211154

Here's a bit of info on the SSC LCS - Up Gunned LCS Hulls Picked for Navy’s Next Small Surface Combatant - USNI News

On this note, I can't wait to see the planned LCS that will be jointly developed with the USN.

Btw, I have found out that the JMSDF plans to increase the size of our destroyer fleet number to 54. This number does not include our subs, minesweepers, carriers, and auxiliary fleet or coastal fleet.

Exciting times ahead. :)

Yes. There are 3 of the Osumis, 2 of the Hyugas and also 2 of the Izumos. Combined 7.

:):bunny:

On this note, I can't wait to see the planned LCS that will be jointly developed with the USN.

Btw, I have found out that the JMSDF plans to increase the size of our destroyer fleet number to 54. This number does not include our subs, minesweepers, carriers, and auxiliary fleet or coastal fleet.

Exciting times ahead. :)

From the current 26 DDGs (37 destroyers if we included DD designated ships) to 54?

:o:

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Atago?

1454922_984439.jpg

Kongo?

I love this picture! Myoukou (DDG 175) and Reagan (CVN 76), side by side:yahoo:!
800px-thumbnail.jpg

A new class?
So exited to see Japan rise again:yahoo:. Just be nice to the Russian Pacific Fleet please

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom