What's new

The J-20-engine discussion is over and other speculative topics ... to separate from the J-20-news !

That is simply an aircraft engine turned on ... that does not mean it is using afterburners at all! Obviously, an in-flight jet engine is going to have that "glow-ring". There is simply no exhaust coming from the J-20 ... zilch

How are those full afterburners?!?!?!? Do you want me to post pics of full afterburners ... ?!?!!?

So by your logic, you mean this F-16 during landing has its engine turned off just because there is no glow-ring?
1.jpg

And what about this? The engine is turned on again during flight?
2.jpg

You cannot tell because the core is obscured by the nozzles ... nice try!
The nozzle definitely cannot obscure the core from that angle my friend. There's just no glow-ring. Period.

The nozzle definitely cannot obscure the core from that angle my friend. There's just no glow-ring. Period.
And you can tell by?!?!?!? The nozzle is obscuring the interior engine portion my friend ... you can post another photo to prove it ...

That is simply an aircraft engine turned on ... that does not mean it is using afterburners at all! Obviously, an in-flight jet engine is going to have that "glow-ring". There is simply no exhaust coming from the J-20 ... zilch

How are those full afterburners?!?!?!? Do you want me to post pics of full afterburners ... ?!?!!?
What is you talking about these not full AB or may be you're blind, yes all 3 are full AB Mr @Figaro then show me real full AB:enjoy:

@LJQC Previously, I have posted the vertical climb of J-20, and ask you specifically, if you see any evidence of AB turned on.

See Message #150.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-...-to-keep-the-j-20-thread-clean.514445/page-10

Have you examined it, yet?

If you posted pictures of J-20 using AB, any other times, it does not prove, it's AB was turned on, during that vertical climb.

This is just plain logic.

Don't evade my question or request, plz. Let's be honest.

But I talking about those images you posted in your above post those are are full AB on
Yes. Indeed the 3 images I posted were full afterburners ... without a doubt. I am referring to the series of images of the J-20 at Zhuhai, one of them being your profile pic. They were not engaging afterburners ... period. If they were, they would give off the exhaust shown in the above 3 pictures (even if the J-20 was not engaged in full afterburners, the lighting would've still been very vibrant)

@LJQC Previously, I have posted the vertical climb of J-20, and ask you specifically, if you see any evidence of AB turned on.

See Message #150.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-...-to-keep-the-j-20-thread-clean.514445/page-10

Have you examined it, yet?

If you posted pictures of J-20 using AB, any other times, it does not prove, it's AB was turned on, during that vertical climb.

This is just plain logic.

Don't evade my question or request, plz. Let's be honest.
Because it's not turned on. Just because there is an engine "glow" does not mean there is full afterburners as that guy suggests. When a jet engine is in flight, of course it's going to glow ... :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Yes. Indeed the 3 images I posted were full afterburners ... without a doubt. I am referring to the series of images of the J-20 at Zhuhai, one of them being your profile pic. They were not engaging afterburners ... period. If they were, they would give off the exhaust shown in the above 3 pictures (even if the J-20 was not engaged in full afterburners, the lighting would've still been very vibrant)
but i quoting Mr @Asoka theory that with a moderate AB setting, shock diamonds and flames wont come out from the engine so there was a possibilities in Zuhai airshow mderate AB so shock diamonds and flames wont comes out to the engine, I know its was wrong i want to show you contradict sentances from Mr @Asoka , Mr @Figaro :p:

Because it's not turned on. Just because there is an engine "glow" does not mean there is full afterburners as that guy suggests. When a jet engine is in flight, of course it's going to glow ... :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

The fact is, both WS-10 and AL-31's Military thrust is only around, 8.6 tons. And times 2 gives 17.2 tons. Not including several tons of fuel, this is already less than the empty weight of J-20. (20+ tons, I presume, because F-22 is 19.7 tons, and J-20 is 3.5 meters longer than F-22, therefore much heavier.)

So, if J-20 was powered by either Ws-10 or AL-31, during the vertical climb, you would definitely see a long red hot flame shooting out.

And there was no a long red hot flame shooting out, that we can all see, so one must be open to the possibility, J-20 is powered by a much more powerful engine, rather than by WS-10 or AL-31.

It can not be WS-10 or AL-31, because none of the Suikois or J-11 or J-15, J-16 powered by these two engines, have demonstrated vertical climb, w/o using AB.

but i quoting Mr @Asoka theory that with a moderate AB setting, shock diamonds and flames wont come out from the engine so there was a possibilities in Zuhai airshow mderate AB so shock diamonds and flames wont comes out to the engine, I know its was wrong i want to show you contradict sentances from Mr @Asoka , Mr @Figaro :p:
What do you mean by "moderate afterburner", that is a confusing term. Either its running an afterburner or not, anything in between is suggested to be an afterburner by default

The fact is, both WS-10 and AL-31's Military thrust is only around, 8.6 tons. And times 2 gives 17.2 tons. Not including several tons of fuel, this is already less than the empty weight of J-20. (20+ tons, I presume, because F-22 is 19.7 tons, and J-20 is 3.5 meters longer than F-22, therefore much heavier.)

So, if J-20 was powered by either Ws-10 or AL-31, during the vertical climb, you would definitely see a long red hot flame shooting out.

And there was no a long red hot flame shooting out, that we can all see, so one must be open to the possibility, J-20 is powered by a much more powerful engine, rather than by WS-10 or AL-31.

It can not be WS-10 or AL-31, because none of the Suikois or J-11 or J-15, J-16 powered by these two engines, have demonstrated vertical climb, w/o using AB.
MR @Asoka :blah::blah::blah:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom