What's new

The J-20-engine discussion is over and other speculative topics ... to separate from the J-20-news !

"High performance Aero engine is highly possible as you see PLAAF has no problem equipping J-10B and J-20."

Yup, China has no problem producing high TWR engines now, to equip J-10B and J-20.

@LJQC I have made an animated gif file of the J-20's vertical climb at the Zhuhai Airshow. It's too big to upload to PDF. I am sharing this file at my Google Doc.

Please download this file, and take a close look, frame by frame, to see, if the AB is used, during the climb, or not.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...-Vtupz3j6PAVhOB8wsIkGhrVS6AScl15OuPqFsnY0/pub
So what trying to show Mr mentally ill brain fart @Asoka its possibilities that J-20 using moderate afterburner which can't show shock diamonds or flaming red hot butt,you are contridic yourself Mr fcuking @Asoka

@pakistanipower stop ridiculing others who don't agree with your pov in one liners. Take a hike if you don't like what someone else has to say. I have been watching your posts for sometime now.
Yeah. I'm surprised how Asok has managed to maintain his civility towards PP. Had it been me, I probably wouldn't have responded that kindly :guns::triniti::sniper::sick:

So what trying to show Mr mentally ill brain fart @Asoka its possibilities that J-20 using moderate afterburner which can't show shock diamonds or flaming red hot butt,you are contridic yourself Mr fcuking @Asoka
The J-20 is not using afterburners. Period. There is a very distinguished glow that comes with afterburners and that very subtle flame does not consititute afterburners. Just admit that the Zhuhai demo wasn't using afterburners; find other examples to support your claim

@pakistanipower stop ridiculing others who don't agree with your pov in one liners. Take a hike if you don't like what someone else has to say. I have been watching your posts for sometime now.

Thanks Bro, for your support and kindness. :smitten:

Yeah. I'm surprised how Asok has managed to maintain his civility towards PP. Had it been me, I probably wouldn't have responded that kindly :guns::triniti::sniper::sick:

The J-20 is not using afterburners. Period. There is a very distinguished glow that comes with afterburners and that very subtle flame does not consititute afterburners. Just admit that the Zhuhai demo wasn't using afterburners; find other examples to support your claim

Thanks Figaro for your support and kindness. :smitten:I am developing immunity from constant insults and ridicules like that. Before you came along, no one else, seems to understanding, what is the difference between using AB and not using AB, a genuinely vertical climb and just a high angle climb, and TWR < 1 and TWR > 1.

The lunatical and crazed, incoherent, illogical rantings from PP does getting tiresome, sometimes.

Thanks Figaro for your support and kindness. :smitten:I am developing immunity from constant insults and ridicules like that. Before you came along, no one else, seems to understanding, what is the difference between using AB and not using AB, a genuinely vertical climb and just a high angle climb, and TWR < 1 and TWR > 1.

The lunatical and crazed, incoherent, illogical rantings from PP does getting tiresome, sometimes.
and you know everything fcuking Mr @Asoka what a loser you are fcuking idiot retard head @Asoka

That thrust to weight ratio is above 1 for 4 and 4.5 gen jet even with light weapon load period @Asoka , iknow better than you what is the difference between using AB and not using AB, a genuinely vertical climb and just a high angle climb, and TWR < 1 and TWR > 1.
you're all posts are illogical, crap, lunatics, and have no base at all crap head @Asoka :blah:

possibility Mr as @Asoka said that with Moderate AB shock diamonds and flame wont come out from engine, and how do you so confirmed that J-20 is not using a AB just from some forums speculations and wild guesses huh Mr. @Figaro :enjoy:

That thrust to weight ratio is above 1 for 4 and 4.5 gen jet even with light weapon load period @Asoka , iknow better than you what is the difference between using AB and not using AB, a genuinely vertical climb and just a high angle climb, and TWR < 1 and TWR > 1.
you're all posts are illogical, crap, lunatics, and have no base at all crap head @Asoka :blah:

possibility Mr as @Asoka said that with Moderate AB shock diamonds and flame wont come out from engine, and how do you so confirmed that J-20 is not using a AB just from some forums speculations and wild guesses huh Mr. @Figaro :enjoy:
Uhh ... if you look at the J-20's flame, it is clearly not a vibrant or large one, meaning the use of afterburners is unlikely. If you don't believe, you should just search up photos of afterburners

for @pakistanipower
upload_2017-8-30_21-33-49.jpeg

f-16-night-afterburner-takeoffs-1280x768.jpg

F-15-eagle-afterburner-e1423865381921.jpg

Come'on man .....

Some suggestion, the board software has a feature so-called IGNORE LIST, you can add any annoying regged persona there as necessary :lol: https://defence.pk/pdf/account/ignored

Some suggestion, the board software has a feature so-called IGNORE LIST, you can add any annoying regged persona there as necessary :lol: https://defence.pk/pdf/account/ignored
The problem with the "ignore" function is that the person you ignore may still continue personal attacks on you ... while all the time not knowing it ... and thus embarrassing you along the way. That's why I hardly use the ignore button ...

Uhh ... if you look at the J-20's flame, it is clearly not a vibrant or large one, meaning the use of afterburners is unlikely. If you don't believe, you should just search up photos of afterburners

Min AB can be judged by a clearly visible bright flame holder ring. This means AB is just ignited but not come into a full burn.

MIL does not have the fuel ignited hence you should not see any flame coming out of the flame holder ring. That's pure afterburner engine science.

1.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Min AB can be judged by a clearly visible bright flame holder ring. This means AB is just ignited but not come into a full burn.

MIL does not have the fuel ignited hence you should not see any flame coming out of the flame holder ring. That's pure afterburner engine science.

View attachment 421995

View attachment 421996

View attachment 421997
We are talking about the J-20 Zhuhai demo, which imo, clearly did not turn on the afterburner during its aerial maneuvers. All engines have a sort of "flameholder ring" when they are turned on; this does not mean that they are using afterburners ...

And quoted from some other mil forum about the afterburner state:

If you see a 'ring of flame' inside an engine nozzle, the engine is in augmentation/reheat/augmentor. If not, THERE IS NO VISIBLE FLAME that will appear in the engine's exhaust. The exception seeing 'light' inside the nozzle is the F119 whose turbine CAN be seen during certain phases of operation due to the turbine blades glowing at their maximum operating temperature. Other new engine types may do this as well, but it is a CONSTANT GLOW, NOT a flickering fire.

NO AFTERBURNER = NO VISIBLE FLAME

We are talking about the J-20 Zhuhai demo, which imo, clearly did not turn on the afterburner during its aerial maneuvers. All engines have a sort of "flameholder ring" when they are turned on; this does not mean that they are using afterburners ...

Yes, definitely J-20 at Zhuhai demo, with blue flames visible on both planes. Also the bright and heated flame holder ring with flame coming out is clearly visible from J-20 on the right:
4.jpg

All afterburner engine have flame holder equipped physically, even they are turned off. It become bright only when AB is lit, because the fuel coming out of the afterburner fuel pipe is ignited. This is also called afterburner light-off in technical terms, indicative of the presence of flame adjacent flame holder.

You can clearly see when the afterburner of F-16 light-off in this old video posted before:

From F-16C Block50 manual:
When AB operation is first initiated, the exhaust nozzle pre-opens up to 10 percent more than MIL exhaust nozzle position to increase stall margin during AB light-off. Fuel flow and exhaust nozzle area are held at minimum AB levels until the flame detector determines that light-off (within 5 seconds (greater than 40deg F) or 10 seconds (40deg F or less) of AB selection) has occurred. Once AB light-off occurs, fuel flow and exhaust nozzle area increase to the requested AB level with a corresponding increase in thrust.

for @pakistanipower
View attachment 421993
f-16-night-afterburner-takeoffs-1280x768.jpg

F-15-eagle-afterburner-e1423865381921.jpg

Come'on man .....
These are full AB not moderate AB as @Asoka said that on the moderate AB can't show the shock diamonds and flames, this is not my words that's @Asoka words Mr @Figaro

Yes, definitely J-20 at Zhuhai demo, with blue flames visible on both planes. Also the bright and heated flame holder ring with flame coming out is clearly visible from J-20 on the right:
View attachment 421999

All afterburner engine have flame holder equipped physically, even they are turned off. It become bright only when AB is lit, because the fuel coming out of the afterburner fuel pipe is ignited. This is also called afterburner light-off in technical terms, indicative of the presence of flame adjacent flame holder.

You can clearly see when the afterburner of F-16 light-off in this old video posted before:

From F-16C Block50 manual:
That is simply an aircraft engine turned on ... that does not mean it is using afterburners at all! Obviously, an in-flight jet engine is going to have that "glow-ring". There is simply no exhaust coming from the J-20 ... zilch

These are full AB not moderate AB as @Asoka said that on the moderate AB can't show the shock diamonds and flames, this is not my words that's @Asoka words Mr @Figaro
How are those full afterburners?!?!?!? Do you want me to post pics of full afterburners ... ?!?!!?

Back
Top Bottom