What's new

The Iraqi Armed Forces

Enough soldiers but not enough weapons, currently they are in no state to fight a conventional war against other states but only against terror.
Only ~300 MBT, little artillery.

Air force & air defence is given priority now together with army air corps, attack helicopters & fighter jets being acquired.

Currently being acquired:

- Avenger stinger air defence
- MI 28Ne
- Apache deal on hold
- MI 35M
- S300 probably
- Pantsir S1
- T50 golden eagle
- F16

For the army new Russian weaponry & Kornet E ATGW
- 200 M2A2 bradley
- 175 more M1A1M

they have plans for fast attack craft for the navy as well but that is less of a priority.
Visit Pakistan we have many thing to display in front of Iraq JF17 Al-Khalis MBT Al-Zarar MBT and much more.

Visit Pakistan we have many thing to display in front of Iraq JF17 Al-Khalis MBT Al-Zarar MBT and much more.

They have, they are thinking about some Super Mushak trainer aircraft and Pakistan will train piliots, they also visited the JF17 but no word over it yet

Last edited:
They have, they are thinking about some Super Mushak trainer aircraft and Pakistan will train piliots, they also visited the JF17 but no word over it yet
When that happened visited Pakistan for weapons any links plzze because really I'm eager for the JF-17 for now we can train our kids in Pakistan or China and get a fighter that is as good as F-16 let say block 30 or 40 thats good for us @ last for the next decade.

When that happened visited Pakistan for weapons any links plzze because really I'm eager for the JF-17 for now we can train our kids in Pakistan or China and get a fighter that is as good as F-16 let say block 30 or 40 thats good for us @ last for the next decade.

During the last Dubai airshow the minister of defence got in the JF 17 and during the visit of the air force general to Pakistan he also visited the JF 17, don’t have link now.

30/40 isn’t good enough, mig 35 is a better choice than all of that anyway.

US delivered M134 miniguns, to be mounted on helicopters & ISOF humvees I think.

1010530_573307492761228_1892402776_n.jpg

26635_573307396094571_1930236276_n.jpg
Looks great

During the last Dubai airshow the minister of defence got in the JF 17 and during the visit of the air force general to Pakistan he also visited the JF 17, don’t have link now.

30/40 isn’t good enough, mig 35 is a better choice than all of that anyway.
Are you sure B's 30,s and 40,s not that good my friend for 20 million a piece are kidding me bro Israel air force still possess the even older blocks even the U.S air force still using them I said we need them for now not for the 20 years ahead.

Are you sure B's 30,s and 40,s not that good my friend for 20 million a piece are kidding me bro Israel air force still possess the even older blocks even the U.S air force still using them I said we need them for now not for the 20 years ahead.

Why B30/40 without AMRAAM & JDAM neither other advanced missiles they don’t want to sell such as anti radiation, cruise missiles, anti ship missiles when you can get cheap MIG 35’s whom are superior or other jets.
Also these old aircraft would need a lot of maintenance = money.

The coming Block 52’s will be enough for now, air defence & airstrikes.

Why B30/40 without AMRAAM & JDAM neither other advanced missiles they don’t want to sell such as anti radiation, cruise missiles, anti ship missiles when you can get cheap MIG 35’s whom are superior or other jets.
Also these old aircraft would need a lot of maintenance = money.

The coming Block 52’s will be enough for now, air defence & airstrikes.
I think you got me wrong I mean these JF-17 equal to the F-16 block 30-40 not buying old F,s.

Plus you get all the chinese BVR and the WVR anti radiation and all the colorful things that make it good plane.

Last edited:

Dnt want to sound like a salesman but it's getting an AESA,IFR,MAWS etc etc already in service .. Even block I is equipped with a 130+ km detection ranged jointly built KLJ(V)2 radar ... Not the old klj7 ...And evolving day by day....

Can fire anything you want ...some weapons already integrated:

H-4 :130 km SOW

RAAD ALCM

LS series PGMs

Takbir series PGB

Anti Armor cluster bomb Hijra with a glide kit.

Rockeyes

Hafr1 anti runway munition

SD-10 series BVR

AWCs Bunker penetrating bombs (similar to JDAM)

Pl-5 variants

MAR series anti radiation missiles

Cm400akg hypersonic anti ship missile

C series anti ship missiles

IRST and pods like jamming pods like KG300G ...
Etc etc

I think you got me wrong I mean these JF-17 equal to the F-16 block 30-40 not buying old F,s.

Block I has/ had 80-82% capabilities compared to a f-16 block 52+..

Now block II is getting produced..which is much superior to the older Block I.. While the older ones are getting upgraded.

Last edited:
Dnt want to sound like a salesman but it's getting an AESA,IFR,MAWS etc etc already in service .. Even block I is equipped with a 130+ km detection ranged jointly built KLJ(V)2 radar ... Not the old klj7 ...And evolving day by day....
Now block II is getting produced..which is much superior to the older Block I.. While the older ones are getting upgraded.

Is the JF 17 mainly designed by Pakistan or China ? who’s tech is it mainly, I assume China.

Bro
Is the JF 17 mainly designed by Pakistan or China ? who’s tech is it mainly, I assume China.
Bro this fighter is Chinese product for sure with some Pakistanis gadgets but it's Chinese frame electonics landing gear and so on even the weapons are Chinese. To be honest I believe in Chinese planes more than Russian one due to the fact that Chinese products depend heavily on western designs.

Both it's a joint venture.. Built by CAC of china and PAC,Pak .. It's radar is also a joint venture (KLJ7(V)2).. Avionics (used in JF17) are by PAC .. Ones used in Fc-1 Chinese version has Chinese .. Not much is known about the EW pod .. But western reports claim Israel helped china with tht.. Design again a JV PAF pilots n engs were sent to china .. Cockpit design was specially worked by the PAF guys.. IFR is South Africa. From Denel I think..

Engine RD-93 was upgraded for better performance by PAC.. While the Chinese are working on WS-13 .. Which will replace it..

Pak holds 58% rights of the jet.. But marketed by both Pak n China..

Bro

Bro this fighter is Chinese product for sure with some Pakistanis gadgets but it's Chinese frame electonics landing gear and so on even the weapons are Chinese. To be honest I believe in Chinese planes more than Russian one due to the fact that Chinese products depend heavily on western designs.

Wouldn’t know, JF 17 has not seen action I think.

Bro

Wrong assumption bro .. Check out the JF17 information thread.

Wouldn’t know, JF 17 has not seen action I think.

Used in FATA to carry out A2G against militants..
In combat drills against PLA su30, and su27s. According to PAF ACM .. They produced favourable results ..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom