What's new

The Iraqi Armed Forces

NO TO WAR, لا للحرب, Nein zum Krieg, Non à la guerre, 没有战争, Нет войне, نه به جنگ, If you want to fight go for it

What seems odd is you guys have the best gear, pretty much US/NATO standards other than infantry weapons. Which turn out to be AK's, PKMS. This looks a bit out of place.

Most of the gear is locally hand-made. The army supplies only the basics. Soldiers usually go to licensed shops which sell only to people with ID. There were plans to upgrade all the guns to American m-16 a4, but cost+ performance problems stopped that. M-16 have smaller bullets and require more maintenance. They also cost much more to buy and maintain. Ak's are already present in iraq, there is no need to buy them. They require less maintenance and do more damage because of the bigger rounds.

With all that American training , are they preparing for war with iran?
More like a war with a future alqaeda state in Syria. I doubt Iraq will ever go to war with Iran Again.

Most of the gear is locally hand-made. The army supplies only the basics. Soldiers usually go to licensed shops which sell only to people with ID. There were plans to upgrade all the guns to American m-16 a4, but cost+ performance problems stopped that. M-16 have smaller bullets and require more maintenance. They also cost much more to buy and maintain. Ak's are already present in iraq, there is no need to buy them. They require less maintenance and do more damage because of the bigger rounds.

Ak 47 might be powerful but they lack trajectory and have a high recoil with a low rate of fire. But i can see the ease of handling and maintanance and the low cost.

More like a war with a future alqaeda state in Syria. I doubt Iraq will ever go to war with Iran Again.

Iraq being a satellite state of Iran's I kinda doubt it. AQ Syria is just gonna be suicide and bomb attacks. Asymmetric warfare.

Ak 47 might be powerful but they lack trajectory and have a high recoil with a low rate of fire. But i can see the ease of handling and maintanance and the low cost.

Can you name a rifle with high rate of fire? also I want to know why the m-16 or g-36 better plze I have no idea.

Last edited:
Can you name a rifle with high rate of fire? also I want to know why the m-16 or g-36 better plze I have no idea.

Ak has a 550-600 RPM (rounds per minute) and an M-16A4 has 900 RPM. They arent necessarily better but more compact, lightweight, low recoil, but at the cost of maintenance, reliability, calibre and stoppage power.

It depends on the army's doctrine which rifle is chosen.

Ak has a 550-600 RPM (rounds per minute) and an M-16A4 has 900 RPM. They arent necessarily better but more compact, lightweight, low recoil, but at the cost of maintenance, reliability, calibre and stoppage power.

It depends on the army's doctrine which rifle is chosen.
But this rate of 550-600 is the most common one plus u need something dependable not cute in the battle ground. As I said I have no idea but in the top 10 rifles by discovery the experts said it's the best.

M4 or M-16 are pretty dependable, reliable since the US Armed forces use them.

Ak 47 might be powerful but they lack trajectory and have a high recoil with a low rate of fire. But i can see the ease of handling and maintenance and the low cost.
The AK47, is first of all an assault rifle deadly in the fifty meter area were most the kills happen. For infantry guy who jump out of a BMP or a truck, if he point the rifle to the ground before his jump, at the contact moment with ground, if he fires, the bullet will fall exactly at 50m. That reason behind the shape of the rifle...the 45 degree angle design given to it.
images

For the recoil, Russian made have a flutted muzzle oriented to the right to compensate for it.
images

... The gun never jam, when it get hot, drop the muzzule in the water for a minute, and it will fire again with accuracy another 3 clips. The 7.62 caliber is very powerful, I shot targets from 100 to 300 meters with a deadly accuracy and without scope.
that's what the AK47 can do for you when its used properly and in trained hand.

There are MANY AK variants in Iraq. Some are original Russian while others are copies. The best quality ones are the Russian and Yugoslavian copies. With the right fits and with good training, the AK beats the M16. But it mostly depends on the user.

There are MANY AK variants in Iraq. Some are original Russian while others are copies. The best quality ones are the Russian and Yugoslavian copies. With the right fits and with good training, the AK beats the M16. But it mostly depends on the user.
Russians have better quality inner working parts and better steel..Yugoslavian are excellent...

Back
Top Bottom