What's new

The Iraqi Armed Forces

Really Impressive thread....

Iraqi Army has done really great job at equipping its infantry and mechanized units with state of the art weaponry and other military equipment... Special forces and Infantry are Really Impressive.... Kind of Superb.

Im sure soon the armored units, Army aviation will get more power as well...

I think Iraqi Army should also think about other tanks for its army beside Abrams.... Aviation should adopt Chinooks as well....

Artillery & Radar units need special attention... Hope they are also going to be brought up to the best modern standard...

About Iraqi Air Force... F-16s, SU 30/35 should make quite an impact.... but the place for more lethal machines remains....

With 18 billion US $, You guys are doing miracles.... so i was imagining what if this budget increases from 25 to 35 billion US $ in the coming years......??? :azn:

Over All, Superb work by Iraq in very little time and given the fact that Iraq is facing much more grave challenges on all fronts.....

Nice work brothers. SUPERB THREAD.

They buy the same weapon systems from different sources to make sure that spare parts/upgrades/ammo will always be available in case of an arms embargo, as Iraq is buying Russian attack helicopters, it is also getting the Apaches.
M1 Abrams, now looking for another tank.
F16 from the US + Possibly MIG 35 from Russia.

Same for other heavy equipment, Iraq is also looking to build a t72 (re)build facility from Czech, this way they will learn how to build tank systems and rebuild them on their own, this way Iraq will go on its way to building its own tanks in a decade or 2.

These guys sure copy americans.. with the masks n poses.. :)

Anyways.. awesome pics brothers..

1011422_406209799496541_1357067729_n.jpg

1044668_159695057551362_443270638_n.jpg

8435.jpg

945674_408028695981318_1660540464_n.jpg

1011368_399510433499811_1484238420_n.jpg

242_397995693651285_2015827849_n.jpg

7248_395344230583098_737549638_n.jpg

998672_395142340603287_24144900_n.jpg

1001048_393070604143794_1863832389_n.jpg

998213_390629684387886_4977718_n.jpg

They buy the same weapon systems from different sources to make sure that spare parts/upgrades/ammo will always be available in case of an arms embargo,as Iraq is buying Russian attack helicopters, it is also getting the Apaches.

Good policy indeed...

M1 Abrams, now looking for another tank.

Sounds like Russian T-90 tanks are going to find their place in Iraqi Army :D BTW, Iraqi Army could also look in to Al-Khalid MBT...

I guess Al-Khalid II can Impress you guys once we have that rolling out from factories... :)

F16 from the US + Possibly MIG 35 from Russia.

Anything about JF-17 or J-10s? As i read that JF17 is also considered by Iraq.

Same for other heavy equipment, Iraq is also looking to build a t72 (re)build facility from Czech, this way they will learn how to build tank systems and rebuild them on their own, this way Iraq will go on its way to building its own tanks in a decade or 2.

Thats superb....:tup: And its not new for Iraq as you guys used to assemble T-72s in Iraq decades ago... Good step towards self sufficiency brother.

Good policy indeed...

Sounds like Russian T-90 tanks are going to find their place in Iraqi Army :D BTW, Iraqi Army could also look in to Al-Khalid MBT...

I guess Al-Khalid II can Impress you guys once we have that rolling out from factories... :)

Thats superb....:tup: And its not new for Iraq as you guys used to assemble T-72s in Iraq decades ago... Good step towards self sufficiency brother.

Chance is large Iraq and Russia are negotioating about the MIG 35, its quite good to fill in the multirole fighter needs, aside from that they need some heavier fighters ( SU 35 ), though not mentioned yet.

Good policy indeed...

Looks like we have an HIT n PAC salesman here... :lol:

Looks like we have an HIT n PAC salesman here... :lol:

Hahahahaha :lol: Well i might sound like one bro... but actually i got just excited noticing the great magnitude of possible military cooperation between the two Muslim Countries...

I think Pakistan has got many things to offer to Iraq.... Tanks, APCs, Artillery, Ammo, Small arms, ACs, Naval stuff....

Dont know where our foreign and defense ministry is sleeping.... Iraq needs stuff and we have got it for them... Only thing remains is a little diplomacy from Us.... :agree:

Hahahahaha :lol: Well i might sound like one bro... but actually i got just excited noticing the great magnitude of possible military cooperation between the two Muslim Countries...

I think Pakistan has got many things to offer to Iraq.... Tanks, APCs, Artillery, Ammo, Small arms, ACs, Naval stuff....

Dont know where our foreign and defense ministry is sleeping.... Iraq needs stuff and we have got it for them... Only thing remains is a little diplomacy from Us.... :agree:

The possibility of tanks from Russia and Pakistan is small, they have decided not to go for these kind of tanks based on experience.
Artillery, APC, Ammo, Small arms however is possible.

The US will start offering better weapons and missiles to Iraq as its going to Russia, the AH 64 was not allowed until Iraq visited Russia. A mig 35 deal will most likely allow the AIM 120 for Iraq and other air defences ( PATRIOT pac 2/3 ).

The possibility of tanks from Russia and Pakistan is small, they have decided not to go for these kind of tanks based on experience.
Artillery, APC, Ammo, Small arms however is possible.

Off course... Items other than the tanks can be good be good point of start brother.... ;)

The US will start offering better weapons and missiles to Iraq as its going to Russia, the AH 64 was not allowed until Iraq visited Russia. A mig 35 deal will most likely allow the AIM 120 for Iraq and other air defences ( PATRIOT pac 2/3 ).

Yes, Thats quite understandable. But i think some gulf countries will exert their full force to stop serious machines going to Iraq from the US or Europe. So Russia could be the one country on which Iraq could rely for the bulk of the military equipment.

Patriot PAC 2/3 will be a very SERIOUS ADVANCEMENT for Iraqi Air Defense.... and i think the US could sell it to Iraq as they have sold it to a number of other regional countries there.

Off course... Items other than the tanks can be good be good point of start brother.... ;)

Yes, Thats quite understandable. But i think some gulf countries will exert their full force to stop serious machines going to Iraq from the US or Europe. So Russia could be the one country on which Iraq could rely for the bulk of the military equipment.

Patriot PAC 2/3 will be a very SERIOUS ADVANCEMENT for Iraqi Air Defense.... and i think the US could sell it to Iraq as they have sold it to a number of other regional countries there.

Gulf countries cannot stop sales to Iraq neither will the US stop sales, if the GCC feels threatened then its even better for the US as it will sell more weapons to the GCC + sell more to Iraq.
Profit for them.

I think S300 air defences are included in the Russian deal, they have mentioned air defence systems of a high price over 200 million which only leaves the long range air defence class.

Gulf countries cannot stop sales to Iraq neither will the US stop sales, if the GCC feels threatened then its even better for the US as it will sell more weapons to the GCC + sell more to Iraq.
Profit for them.

Good for Iraq :D But Iraq must not be worried even if the US hesitates selling its items to your country.... Since you have money and there are a number of sellers out there with their Quality items....

I think S300 air defences are included in the Russian deal, they have mentioned air defence systems of a high price over 200 million which only leaves the long range air defence class.

That will be superb. With S-300 and PAC 2/3... Every body must be sure that Iraq's air space is well secured from Aerial threats. BRAVO IRAQ. :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom